Login

russian armor

M1931 B-4 Howitzer - Let's do something about it!

17 Mar 2016, 16:34 PM

All howitzers cost too much manpower

And population cap. 500/10 will be fine.
jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2016, 10:52 AMl4hti
Make all howizers cost 450mp-45 fuel

This can work too.
like to play Russian rulette with my enemy

THIS. Best words about B-4 ever:clap:
jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2016, 14:55 PMGrittle
I think the vet 1 ability would be to shoot a 203 mm Flare to be more inline with the soviet army. ;)

:rofl:
17 Mar 2016, 17:20 PM

i was kinda struggling how to express my opinion on this topic so i made a 2 parts post.

formally part of the post:

maybe we can compromise and give the b-4 an vet1 'aimed shot' ability which will still be a normal shot but then then the circle in which the shell normally drops will be +/- 50% smaller then the circle where you aimed with an normal shot. this way it is still an rng bomb but also not completly shit anymore. it basically means that you will be able to shoot a bit more accurate but it won't be an precision shot like the stuka dive bomb any more. But this solution will make it more viable again.

informal part of the post:

btw the counter to the old b4 was just keep your shit moving and your fine, there is then no way that you will get a hit since you can hear it loudly fire in the fog of war. just like the stuka divebomb, you will exactly know where it will land. also i find it a bit hypocrisy that you can drop a stuka dive bomb exactly on FRP from usf and ukf and that axis are crying if the same thing happens to them. so if it was up to me the b-4 would just get precision barrage back.

thx for reading o and one more thing!

MAKE THE B-4 GREAT AGAIN!!!
17 Mar 2016, 17:28 PM
Donator 33

B4 is lacking and the KV1 can't pen anything that cones out at the time of its arrival. Commander remains dead, i agreed with Ausmagic that precision strike was such a crime for Soviets yet the stuka dive and zucchini fuss work on thevsame priciple lol. Increase shell travel time to match stuka zucchini fuss if its not already slower.

A german ability and unit have presion with no more warning tham sound. One soviet unit having precision, that makes it scary SPPOOOOOOOOKY.
17 Mar 2016, 17:32 PM

Yeah I don't get why people complain about B4 Precision strike OP, on 1v1 Counter Attack has no late game vehicle, KV-1 is crap so OH can just build a bunch of PzIV and steam roll you while OKW can just use Stuka Barrage or better yet Sturmtiger hardcounter this commander. Sure they can cause occasional wipe but it's not like the B4 can do anything else.
17 Mar 2016, 17:37 PM

And let's not forget folks - B-4 has one more ability, which is one of those "most loosy veterancy ability ever" right now, like Flare Mine maybe.

Direct fire on vechiles. With such slow traverse speed of B-4 how can that be effective? Even PaK-43 not always can rotate fast enough to get moving tank hit, how can B-4 hit any tank with that?!
17 Mar 2016, 18:08 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

And let's not forget folks - B-4 has one more ability, which is one of those "most loosy veterancy ability ever" right now, like Flare Mine maybe.

Flare mine is fine. Specially against certain units formations or outside doors.

For whoever suggest bringing back precision strike, they are insane.
Start by making them cheaper and see how it goes. I'll like seeing a deconstruction mechanic added to engineers in general, so they can get a refund on static emplacements.
17 Mar 2016, 18:26 PM

Last time I checked B4 (quite some time ago... meaning months) it wasn't worth the effort!

Its simple single shot heavy shell was pretty much inaccurate most of the time and even in games Vs BormalAI I couldn't reliably hit retreat units cause of missing the spot they were standing next to their HQ.

With that in mind I couldn't Vet that to even Vet1 and couldn't realiably have access to Vet1 ability...

Did they change something in B-4?
17 Mar 2016, 18:30 PM

Flare mine is fine. Specially against certain units formations or outside doors.

Start by making them cheaper and see how it goes. I'll like seeing a deconstruction mechanic added to engineers in general, so they can get a refund on static emplacements.

If suggesting of bringing back Precision strike is insanity, then what about Dive Stuka Bomb, which is almost same ability, which also requiers no units and veterancy for it, so - no risks for your money and time.

Or... maybe you think, that Stuka Dive Bomb is OP? And it should be removed too, and any, who suggest to save it is insane?

P.S. Since when flare mine is fine? How often you see people use it? Never? In 1 of 100/1000 games? Give something really usefull to soviet infantry already, not that loosy shit.
17 Mar 2016, 18:38 PM

Why? What's the difference between ultrawpide blob by PzWerfer or Calliope or Stuka? Or Dive bomb?
17 Mar 2016, 19:00 PM

Why? What's the difference between ultrawpide blob by PzWerfer or Calliope or Stuka? Or Dive bomb?

Simply, they dont want to get his blob whipped in one shot once they retire it to the med hq
17 Mar 2016, 19:03 PM
Donator 11

Precision strike was removed for a reason, you might not remember it but most of us do.
17 Mar 2016, 19:03 PM

Simply, they dont want to get his blob whipped in one shot once they retire it to the med hq

Poor life of OKW blobbers :foreveralone:
17 Mar 2016, 19:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2016, 19:03 PMSirlami
Precision strike was removed for a reason, you might not remember it but most of us do.

It was the perfect counterbattery
17 Mar 2016, 19:04 PM

Then explain me how is that different from current rocket arty killing whole armies or dove bomb?

Sure it could kill medium tank in 1 shot but damage could be reduced to 320 instead of removing.
17 Mar 2016, 19:05 PM

Remind us that reason. And give me a reason, why they didn't remove Dive Bomb?
17 Mar 2016, 19:07 PM
Donator 11

Remind us that reason. And give me a reason, why they didn't remove Dive Bomb?

Dive bomb didn't have such a large aoe back then, the stuka dive could be easily dodged compared to the b4. You can still pretty effectively dodge the stuka dive. Pricing is also important 160mu on a starved faction to 90mu on a muni floating faction.
17 Mar 2016, 19:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2016, 19:07 PMSirlami

Dive bomb didn't have such a large aoe back then, the stuka dive could be easily dodged compared to the b4. You can still pretty effectively dodge the stuka dive. Pricing is also important 160mu on a starved faction to 90mu on a muni floating faction.

Could be easily dodge? Yea, when they rightly calulate time and drop bomb on my HQ, when my infantry retreats to it, reminds me "Dodge this" from Matrix. And in a midle of combat you can't always hear sound of falling bomb or if you hear it - it may be late. So, there is no differense between B-4 and Ju.87 in this.

And if pircing is important, then have in mind, that for to get that "90 muni" ability you should:

1. Choose that one doctrine.
2. Spend 600 MP (huge enough) for to get unit. Wehrmacht don't pay any MP for to call Ju.87. More than that - Ju is absolutelty unvunerable while bomb falling. Compare it with IL-2 bombing strike, which also costs way more.
3. Get Vet 1. That's not so easy with such random accuracy, like B-4 has.
4. Ok, now you are ready to snipe enemy units. OH SHI-, IT'S DIVE BOMB FALLING ON MY B-4!!!
5. GO TO 2.

So yea, Pricing is very important. But for B-4 you have to pay so much times more...
17 Mar 2016, 19:16 PM

Dive bomb has 10sec timer (tho arrvies around 13) but most of the time you start to hear sound around 7-6secs. which gives you 8-9secs to move units out of aoe. start moving at 5secs before impact - gone.
B4 needs 5-6 second from the gun sound with way smaller aoe.

You can dodge DB as well as B4. In fact B4 would be right now easier to dodge.

If ammo is a problem, then increase PC to 120/140/160 and done.
17 Mar 2016, 19:19 PM

I remember how B4 was able to blow up whole armies and 1 shot vet 4 KT at vet 3 with precision strike at okw base (:lolol:). Good old times.

I don't think ostheerostheerokwokw wants this back.

I think B4 still be good enough for unit that don't cost fuel. KV-1 need to be looked at first.
17 Mar 2016, 19:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2016, 19:19 PMNEVEC
I remember how B4 was able to blow up whole armies and 1 shot vet 4 KT at vet 3 with precision strike at okw base (:lolol:). Good old times.

I don't think ostheerostheerokwokw wants this back.

I think it still be good enough for just manpower price. KV-1 need to be looked at more than B4.

I think we can agree that one shooting JT KT with mark target was OP and no one is going to say different but of we lower damage to 320 I don't see any problem at all.

Still, wiping potential agasint infantry is lower than PzWerfer's or Stuka's.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS