Login

russian armor

OKW needs a rework

17 Mar 2016, 07:34 AM

Smoke for OKW? Then give some PTRS for USSR to counter OP 222 spam and early luchses/pumas.

Actually, smoke is not best way of dealing with MGs. Mortars/Field guns are better. And LeIGs are doing well, for me.

Well, good for you then I guess. I am struggling to get into top 10 as okw bcos of maxis and I keep getting soviets. But I don't care. OKW is fine....perfectly fine.
17 Mar 2016, 07:42 AM

Hello.

The Cycle™ must not be broken!

I was afraid as there was a lack of thread named "OKW is too strong/need rework/nerf/broken" in the first 2 pages of the balance forum.
Thank gods you are here to perpetuate this healthy tradition. However i am a little bit sad as the arguments you put in are the same that got countered milion times before. I admit i expected a little bit more imagination. :/
Basically your argumentation is just a basic copypasta from a sea of previous posts and i think you should have showed some respect to previous poster by quoting them explicitely. Shame on you!

For my part i am a little bit to lazy to quote the usual answers that kind of thread used to recieve and let you use the research button.

Kozokus.
17 Mar 2016, 07:47 AM

Yes, OKW overperforms. Nerf all the things is most definitely not the fix.

Why?

According to axis only snowflakes, its the ultimate remedy for balance :luvDerp:
17 Mar 2016, 07:55 AM

The faction overperforms for sure, now will anything be done to re-balance it I´m not sure so just deal with it.
17 Mar 2016, 08:02 AM

They need the second half of their rework that is supposed to come someday.
17 Mar 2016, 08:04 AM
Developer Relic Badge

OKW should have side-tech for their healing, repairs, and the flak cannon. Furthermore shrecks should be removed, MG-34s for Obers more costly, kubel less armoured. Ober suppression should be made into a timed ability and maybe a slight nerf to their vet 2 accuracy (30% from 40%).

At the same time they need better support options so they don't have to blob infantry to survive against Riflemen, Tommies, or buffed Penals, etc. ISG needs to actually have AOE because it currently act more like a somewhat accurate sniper cannon rather than an HE thrower, non-doctrinal MG. Raketen needs to be a semi-useable AT gun that isn't cleared in a single shot, even if it's more costly.

I don't care if Relic said no, but you'd see less OKW blobs if they had something to counter blobs that isn't vehicle-based/Ober based as tossing MP is kind of how OKW has to deal with stronger infantry outside of call-ins and Obers (Don't give the Soviet excuse, their Penals need fixing so they're worthwhile).

Volks with panzerfausts and can upgrade to two StG 44s for some AI so they can hold the line until more elite troops arrive. Their assault rifles would be weaker than PGs and worse than Sturmpios at short, but it's something that isn't more LMGs which is needed.

As for needing to side tech to grenades, not necessary if they have to side-tech into healing, repairs, and flak cannon which could be MP based for the first two.
17 Mar 2016, 08:05 AM

Move shreks to sturms/dedicated at team.

Add side tech.

Done.

Yes. Other aspects of other factions need balancing too but that's not what this thread is about.
17 Mar 2016, 08:11 AM

Volks with panzerfausts and can upgrade to two StG 44s for some AI so they can hold the line until more elite troops arrive. Their assault rifles would be weaker than PGs and worse than Sturmpios at short, but it's something that isn't more LMGs which is needed.

Maybe they should have AT-rifles, instead of Schrecks? Like PTRS. I know, Wehrmacht had some AT-rifles.
17 Mar 2016, 08:35 AM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Vet 5 is just wrong.
17 Mar 2016, 08:45 AM

Remove Schreks from volks, give them MP44 upgrade or something to compensate.
Tank buster squads, 4 men, one schrek cost 280mp 75 munitions. Terrible against infantry
Make T4 flak gun upgrade cost fuel
Side tech to nades and shcreks
Make tanks cost normal amount of fuel again
17 Mar 2016, 08:49 AM

blah blah blah...keep shouting. OKW in its current state is here to stay.
17 Mar 2016, 08:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2016, 08:45 AMl4hti
Remove Schreks from volks, give them MP44 upgrade or something to compensate.
Tank buster squads, 4 men, one schrek cost 280mp 75 munitions. Terrible against infantry
Make T4 flak gun upgrade cost fuel
Side tech to nades and shcreks
Make tanks cost normal amount of fuel again

job done +1
17 Mar 2016, 09:59 AM

Was about time for an axis only 3v3 and 4v4 player coming in to drop some info.
17 Mar 2016, 10:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2016, 08:35 AMluvnest
Vet 5 is just wrong.

It could be justified if there was a manpower income penalty, say something between 10-30%.
17 Mar 2016, 10:09 AM

The resource penalty should be back so we have less of these kinds of threads. "Oh noes they haz vet 5 but we don't. That shit is getting old come on.

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2016, 10:01 AMTNrg

It could be justified if there was a manpower income penalty, say something between 10-30%.

volks cost nearly 300mp? nope

I know most of the suggestions probably aren't originally mine. I don't have time to search all the possible quotes that may or may not exist. The point of this thread was mostly to bring it to the developers' attention, if they still read these forums.

TNrg.
17 Mar 2016, 10:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2016, 02:47 AMVuther

In terms of MP, pretty sure OKW's MP costs for total tech is less than everyone else and their healing (which everyone will get) comes with T1 explains it.

200 for each truck, 300 for retreat point = 900 MP.

Including cost for retreat point as part of normal tech makes as much sense as including reinforce trucks or forward assembly as tech. Only USF get a retreat point as part of teching.

You did forget that each truck cost 100mp to deploy though, so it ends up at 900mp anyway :p. Which is way to cheap compared to the others(brits come close) and part of the problem. If you take into account the starting resources and value of starting units(what you get for free every game), and subtract it from cost for full tech, it ends up at ~250mp, compared to SU ~750, OST ~630, USF ~600 & UKF ~500 (not including bolster squads). The difference gets lower if any tiers or upgrades are skipped of course (i.e. t1 & molotovs), but that comes at the cost of diversity/utility. And OKW can arguably skip mech truck in the same way (very risky, map dependant and situational unless 2v2-4v4).

I think OKW is pretty much fine fuel wise so any side upgrades should have their cost focused on mp, not fuel. A similar cost to medics as the other factions, as you mention, would be a good start. Flak Truck should have a cost as well (munitions probably), it's a low risk, highly performing cutoff guard at the very least, if one don't want to put it aggressively.
17 Mar 2016, 10:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Mar 2016, 10:09 AMl4hti

volks cost nearly 300mp? nope

Manpower income penalty. As in lower the amount of manpower accumulation per minute. Would make sense if they need to have such a strong veterancy system.
17 Mar 2016, 10:24 AM
Donator 22

side upgrades for each truck are coming, in one of the upcoming patches.(munition cost?!)After the side upgrade, we will see less schrecks anyway. Pretty sure developers said, that they are not planning to remove schrecks from volks.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★