Login

russian armor

Italian Army by GrenadierIT19 (same on the official forum)

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
18 Mar 2016, 21:30 PM

yea i've played Darkest hour, i've accomplished world conquest with all major powers, except italy because they simply sucks

Still they feel great when u play multiplayer in darkest hour :D
26 Mar 2016, 10:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2016, 21:30 PMArnoLaz

Still they feel great when u play multiplayer in darkest hour :D

Some people is hard to convince ahahaha
26 Mar 2016, 11:27 AM

Permanently Banned
No pls, no italian forces in game like faction, coz its game was about Eastern front, EASTERN FRONT soviet vs germans, who need surrender faction, like lose 1 model surrender to USF.
26 Mar 2016, 11:35 AM

Sometimes this game feels like old Call of Duty bringed to strategy game, same feeling same shit.. not that its bad or smth, but it shows typical anglo-saxon stereotype that - WW2 was struggle between them (US + UK and their russian comrades) vs germans. For them thats nothing that italians, ungarians and romanians lost as much man as em in europe. For most part i feel bad this game is about 44-45 period, cause i would rather see 1940-1942 period, without much off wunderwaffe. Then we could have france, italy, finland, hungary and why the heck not China and Japan.. :D

K that would be too much.
26 Mar 2016, 11:43 AM

Interesting design, though i would rather have Afrika Korps as a third axis faction, Africa maps and why not, the first axis campaign ? Adding an "Italian commander" to this faction could be VERY cool though. This game needs faction parity badly, maybe tweak this AK to something like Panzer Elite, very light vehicle based. There are lots of key units from vCoH who didn't make the cut to CoH2: Hummel, Marder, Hetzer, Jagdpanther and i'm sure a lot more.
26 Mar 2016, 12:40 PM

just make a mod with an army in which your only units are Osttruppen, Stugs and M-42 45mm AT Guns.

LOOK, ITALIAN ARMY DONE!!
26 Mar 2016, 13:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2016, 11:43 AMSlaYoU
Interesting design, though i would rather have Afrika Korps as a third axis faction, Africa maps and why not, the first axis campaign ? Adding an "Italian commander" to this faction could be VERY cool though. This game needs faction parity badly, maybe tweak this AK to something like Panzer Elite, very light vehicle based. There are lots of key units from vCoH who didn't make the cut to CoH2: Hummel, Marder, Hetzer, Jagdpanther and i'm sure a lot more.

Thank you!
I'm not against adding an Afrika Korps faction or a Heeresgruppe C faction (to bring the Italian Campaign and why not the Balkans, Greece, Crete, etc.), the only reason because i prefer doing a non-german faction is because we just have 2 german factions which represent the same army facing on the Eastern and Western Front, i say that adding a new one would be a bad idea if you want to put the italian campaign, essentially because it's the same as the german army on the western front vs the same enemies on the western front. So the best idea (IMHO) is adding a new army (italians).
About the units, i tried Hetzer only once (honestly, i don't like german factions, i'm 99% an allies player, yes sometimes i play as axis but i prefer the allied factions, i don't know why but i really enjoy playing as them, every allied faction), i'd not say that Hetzer sucks but it has been taken to the game, honestly i wouldn't make a new faction to make it work like in vCoH.
Jagdpanther, i have got vCoH but i played it not so much like CoH2, so i don't know well the factions, especially brits and panzer elite. As far as i am concerned i think that Jagdpanther is the lighter version of the Jagdtiger but i could be wrong, if it's so, please correct me.
Marder (i think you mean the Marder II) and Hummel are very interesting, they could be used as doctrinal units, Hummel really would be helpful against the British emplacements, this mobile howitzer would really make crying british players.
Then for Marder, i like it but germans just have Jagdpanzer IV and StuGIII, so it's role is already taken. Something i would have done was changing OKW's PaK43 with the 88mm FlaK, just to differentiate OKW stuffs from Ostheer stuffs, they have many things in common.
Yes, i would switch OKW's PanzerIV with a Panzer III for the same reason, OKW won't suffer for this.

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Mar 2016, 11:35 AMArnoLaz
Sometimes this game feels like old Call of Duty bringed to strategy game, same feeling same shit.. not that its bad or smth, but it shows typical anglo-saxon stereotype that - WW2 was struggle between them (US + UK and their russian comrades) vs germans. For them thats nothing that italians, ungarians and romanians lost as much man as em in europe. For most part i feel bad this game is about 44-45 period, cause i would rather see 1940-1942 period, without much off wunderwaffe. Then we could have france, italy, finland, hungary and why the heck not China and Japan.. :D

K that would be too much.

I totally agree, it seems that germans alone were fighting a war, which is correct but not true, you forget how many italians, hungarians, romanians, finns, croatians and so on did for the germans, of course that germans played the major role, especially at the end of the war, and they took all those casualties but still they forget what the "others" did. And this is primarily a Western mentality: US + UK (and russians, even if they only know Stalingrad and Berlin, the other parts of the Eastern Front are unknown) vs Germany, and the best part is that if Axis win, it's because of Germans, if Axis lose it's "others" fault, everytime.
I also agree with you for this "game period", this game is set between 1944-1945.
Soviets are set in 1943, the other nations in 1944 (Ostheer only because it has the Ostwind which was produced in 1944, UKF only because of the Comet, OKW because of the KT and USF because they invaded France in 1944, the other stuffs were prior to that date), Italians surrendered in September 1943, so if you set the italian army during the Invasion of Sicily, you'll have the italian army on the axis side, with all their upgrades and still in that timeline.
What makes me angry is people that still believes that Italians had only Carcano rifles, M13/40 and 47mm AT guns. They never think that italians developed new weapons, tanks, aircrafts and ships. If you ask people what is the Cannone 90/53 they will tell you "what?", you'll say "it's an italian AT and AA gun", they'll answer you "no i don't know what kind of pizza you mean".

PS: I think also that many people here, who are against an italian army faction, posted without reading what the hell is written here and simply read "Italian Army" ===> NO.
4 Apr 2016, 13:22 PM

Changed some stuff info and i think that now the next is more enjoyable to read (thanks to Grittle), also i would ask if should i change buildings name and also some commanders name? Because i think that their names are a bit too generic
4 Apr 2016, 14:16 PM

germany would ve been better off without this "Ally"
4 Apr 2016, 14:23 PM

just make a mod with an army in which your only units are Osttruppen, Stugs and M-42 45mm AT Guns.

+1
18 Apr 2016, 18:47 PM

I just can't imagine what the hell is moving in your brain, anyway i don't understand your fury against the italian army ahahaha!:lolol:
Trolls everywhere!:bananadance:
20 Apr 2016, 00:15 AM

I want Relic to add Italians, Romanians and Hungarians would be cool too though. But with their past history they'll problem make another German faction like "Waffen SS" and then a real allies country like Canada.
21 Apr 2016, 05:10 AM

ITALIAN ARMY for CoH2: (GrenadierIT19)

Thanks for the work man. I would gladly buy them if Relic can launch it.
3 May 2016, 17:05 PM

I want Relic to add Italians, Romanians and Hungarians would be cool too though. But with their past history they'll problem make another German faction like "Waffen SS" and then a real allies country like Canada.

That's what i hope won't happen, i think that two german factions are enough, too many german factions, i know that everything about the germans in WW2 makes people having boners, but i think that it's time to put something new, every WW2 game is Germany VS World, probable but not true, especially if you talk about the Soviets who mainly faced the Germans but there are also Hungarians, Romanians, Italians, Finns, Slovaks, Ukraininas and so on, while Western Allies faced mainly Germans and then the Italians.

1) i really hope that DoW3 won't stop Relic at supporting CoH2 development (5 years plan?)
2) No more german armies please

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2016, 05:10 AMcarloff

Thanks for the work man. I would gladly buy them if Relic can launch it.

Thanks man ;)

5 May 2016, 16:23 PM

Added 3 new commanders (Heavy Defences doctrine, Mobile Warfare doctrine and Heavy Assault doctrine)
Added 2 new units (Cannone Ansaldo 210/22 and Breda 37/54 AA gun)
Added new abilities to the units
9 May 2016, 15:48 PM

Added 2 new units (Scout Riflemen and FIAT-Revelli M35 HMG) and 2 new commanders (Advanced Reconnaissance Doctrine and Urban Warfare Doctrine) and some adjustments on costs and requirements
22 Jun 2016, 18:34 PM

To be honest I really want Italians, I think that would be so fun, that would be a DLC I would actually pre-order.

You should make a commander called like "Valiant Defense" and have it be based on the Italian Eighth Army at Stalingrad.
14 Jul 2016, 14:27 PM

To be honest I really want Italians, I think that would be so fun, that would be a DLC I would actually pre-order.

You should make a commander called like "Valiant Defense" and have it be based on the Italian Eighth Army at Stalingrad.

Thanks man!
Yeah I made a doctrine about Italian 8th Army, i called it ARMIR doctrine but maybe this is too specific, Valiant Defense is a very nice name for this commander, I might change it!
14 Jul 2016, 14:33 PM
Senior Editor Badge

+1 for Italian army or German-Italo army.
14 Jul 2016, 14:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2016, 14:33 PMnigo
+1 for Italian army or German-Italo army.

Yeah!
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 27
Germany 634

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %