Login

russian armor

50 cal should be a vehicle killer

15 Mar 2016, 21:08 PM

The 50cal should most certainly penetrate the 222 to the point it could be considered an effective counter, especially now that it has received such a boost to health. The 250 and 251 halftracks should take damage from the 50cal reliably. The Luchs, however, shouldn't be an easy kill for the 50 cal without at least an AP round type ability. Take damage, yes, but not like the MG42's incendiary rounds.

The 50cal just arrives too late for the early game and is in a bit of an awkward spot in terms of pacing. It hits the field along with light vehicles so it'd make sense for it to be able to handle them in some capacity.

Also, I'm fairly positive that rear armor does not work with infantry. If there's a value, it isn't doing anything.
15 Mar 2016, 21:28 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Also, I'm fairly positive that rear armor does not work with infantry. If there's a value, it isn't doing anything.

Yeah, tested. Takes thirteen seconds for a PG to wipe a squad of Shocks no matter which way they're facing.
15 Mar 2016, 21:36 PM

The 50cal should most certainly penetrate the 222 to the point it could be considered an effective counter, especially now that it has received such a boost to health. The 250 and 251 halftracks should take damage from the 50cal reliably. The Luchs, however, shouldn't be an easy kill for the 50 cal without at least an AP round type ability. Take damage, yes, but not like the MG42's incendiary rounds.

The 50cal just arrives too late for the early game and is in a bit of an awkward spot in terms of pacing. It hits the field along with light vehicles so it'd make sense for it to be able to handle them in some capacity.

If I recal the mg42 rounds also massively buff damage (I think its somewhere around 10x pen and 3x damage per bullet) I think giving it the 3/4 same pen as the rounds would be a good starting point, as the mg42 rounds are merciless vs light vehcles and even as costly/late as the 50 is thats not right for stock performance.... What about a high chance of dealing crits to light armour as a bonus of being a big gun? Low tier crits obviously (injured loader, injured gunner, light engine damage) as a vet 1 target ability?
15 Mar 2016, 21:46 PM

57mm should be a vehicle killer
Vaz
15 Mar 2016, 22:20 PM

I'm very frustrated with .50. Against decent players (like average) it doesn't suppress well enough. It's almost as if it's not even there. Axis troops don't get suppressed until they are already within grenade range (this is a bit of an understatement for grenadiers though, since their grenade range is nearly the same the .50). It doesn't kill the troops very well either. It also doesn't do anything to light armor. I don't understand why it's the most expensive MG in this game at 280mp if it doesn't do anything well. Increase the damage per bullet or increase the penetration. Something has to make this thing worth it's cost. Most of the time I prefer to capture an mg42 instead of build a .50 (even though I went LT).
15 Mar 2016, 23:22 PM

IMO it should be able to deny areas to light vehicles and slow them down, like Guards.

45 muni button ability

+1
nee
16 Mar 2016, 06:13 AM

I'm unsure how to buff this unit:

Buffing it's AT/ anti-cover firepower makes it more desirable but also makes it compete with AA halftrack, for better or worse, especially if you balance this with increased cost or upkeep etc.

Personally I don;t know why Relic went for a .50 unit, as they were largely AA/ versatile defensive weapons. The .30 was the usual HMG role, and we already have sound and Vickers as base model for it. Reminds me of playing Bioshock 2, when you had a "measly" .50 cal minigun that did basic (re little) damage, as an early weapon.
16 Mar 2016, 10:05 AM

USFs support weapons are a completely joke. The MG is somehow similar to OKWs MG34, the AT gun is the worst ingame (besides that Soviet commander AT gun I have never ever seen) and the mortar is non existent.

Buff the support weapons slightly and nerf rifles slightly and the result will be a faction that suddenly has various more viable tactics instead os simple rifle blobbing.
nee
16 Mar 2016, 11:39 AM

...the AT gun is the worst ingame (besides that Soviet commander AT gun I have never ever seen)...
You mean the doctrinal M-42? At least that plinker is remarkably effective against infantry compared to other AT Guns :rofl:
16 Mar 2016, 17:47 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2016, 11:39 AMnee
You mean the doctrinal M-42? At least that plinker is remarkably effective against infantry compared to other AT Guns :rofl:

It's like a broken clock being right, except what's broken about it is that the hands on it move super fast to make it right more often that every 12 hours.

...and the clock would almost never damage tanks.
18 Mar 2016, 01:40 AM

USFs support weapons are a completely joke. The MG is somehow similar to OKWs MG34, the AT gun is the worst ingame (besides that Soviet commander AT gun I have never ever seen) and the mortar is non existent.

Buff the support weapons slightly and nerf rifles slightly and the result will be a faction that suddenly has various more viable tactics instead os simple rifle blobbing.

There is still a major issue, HMG is locked behind a serious quantity of fuel, if rifles are to be nerfed then 50.cal must be part of the initial tier 1 package. Otherwise early game USF (it's only real strong point) is over alongside with the faction's playability.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 159
unknown 7
unknown 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak