Login

russian armor

How to make some 3D-models better (For Relic's modellers)

14 Mar 2016, 18:32 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Hello everyone!

As much of you know, i don't like 3D-models of USSR and Wehrmacht vechicles. Also, all of you know, that Relic have no planes for upgrade this models to USA,OKW and UK level. But i find easy way to upgrade some of them. So, let's start:

axisaxis Wehrmacht axisaxis

SdKfz 251 - Take 3D model of "Stuka Zu FuB", remove rocket launchers and add flame-throwers from old model.

Ostwind - just replace Ostwind hull on new PzKpfw IV hull, which have better textures and much better model of chassis.

Brummbär - just raplace his chassis on chassis from PzKpfw IV.

PzKpfw VI - Replace it's chassis on SturmTiger chassis.

sovietssoviets USSR sovietssoviets

M3 Scout Car - just replace M2HB model on new M2HB model from USF and maybe remove rear M1919 (or replace it on new M2HB too)

M5 Halftrack - Take USF or UKF M3 halftrack and add TO HIS 3D-model ability to upgrade AA-turret, which we take from old model.

T-34 - just replace it's hull on T-34-85. In real life they have the same hull, but in the game they have some discrepancys.

If you have another ideas, how easy improve 3D-models of East Factions, post them hear. I hope something from this will be add to the game, or will be grand remodelling of East Factions :bananadance:.

Thank you for your attention! :wave:
14 Mar 2016, 18:38 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

The Scout Car is far larger in-game than it is in real life, it's taller than tanks in the game.

Real life:

In Game:

Wouldn't be too hard to just scale the model down, now that you don't see the gunner on the inside anymore.
14 Mar 2016, 18:48 PM

The T34 is fine, IMO. The 85 uses a chassis with external fuel so that its easier to tell the two apart. Other then that, I wouldn't mind some of the suggested model upgrades
15 Mar 2016, 01:35 AM

Wonder what all the vehicle models would look like if the size in game was based off of the unit target sizes. Would look rather funny for some of them I think.
15 Mar 2016, 02:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2016, 18:38 PMTobis
The Scout Car is far larger in-game than it is in real life, it's taller than tanks in the game.

Real life:

In Game:

Wouldn't be too hard to just scale the model down, now that you don't see the gunner on the inside anymore.

pretty sure it would fuck with the rigging/animations
15 Mar 2016, 02:44 AM

I remodel texture tiger and panzer 4 whit real textures .. but did not have much success in the community and did no more models

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★