Login

russian armor

Layoffs at Relic? And the future of COH2

• This thread is locked
PAGES (11)down
14 Mar 2016, 18:10 PM

Stop with the false sympathy.

Atleast the people who wish this to be true genuinely have reason for wishing it to be so.
They didn't approve of or appreciate the work of these people.
You may disagree with that, but atleast its sincere.

You on the otherhand, are just mouthing some empty platitudes in a parody of sincerity.
You dont give a shit. Your hopes and best wishes also dont mean a shit.

If they really have been fired, and you really feel this sincerely about it, then send them some money.

Words are empty. On both sides of this.
But atleast one side is sincere.
14 Mar 2016, 18:14 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Its as disingenuous and bullshit as the bile of those who would wish this to be true.

You dont give a shit. Your hopes and best wishes dont mean a shit.

If they really have been fired, and you really feel this sincerely about it, then send them some money.

Now, this would claim the poor can't simultaneously have a sense of self-preservation and care about other people they just heard about were in need.

Though thinking it doesn't really mean anything is entirely fair to think.
14 Mar 2016, 18:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2016, 18:14 PMVuther

Now, this would claim the poor can't simultaneously have a sense of self-preservation and care about other people they just heard about were in need.

Though thinking it doesn't really mean anything is entirely fair to think.

We are talking about university educated COMPUTER GAME developers getting fired.
First world "problems" on a whole new level.

How many people are fired everyday around the world?

Im not saying they should express sympathy with each and every individual that gets fired,
only that in this instance, it stinks to heaven of insincerity.

The extent of these peoples sympathy lasts about 5s here. And does nothing for the fired.

I find that pretty empty and pointless.

If they have been fired, there is surely a reason for that.
If its because of poor performance, well, nuff said.
If its because of company cutbacks, well, tuff shit.

In either case. This is how the world works.
5s of sympathy on an internet bullshit page is an empty gesture.
14 Mar 2016, 18:39 PM

Keep in mind, the economy is hurting. Has been for a while. Record drops in average American income, Mario Draghi's financial bazooka backfiring, Japan already at negative rates... Malinvestment everywhere, and a market aching to correct itself.
If CoH2 dies soon, and if Relic experiences more layoffs, I predict it'll be in part because of a worldwide recession which no industry shall escape.
14 Mar 2016, 18:48 PM

First I heard about this was momo4sho123 in a shadowwada twitch chat saying that he had spoken directly with brad and that brad basically said the game was rip. He went on at length about cuddle also being laid off and kyle staying on. Seemed a bit too elaborate to make all that shit up just to troll people, especially if you are an esl caster such as he is.
14 Mar 2016, 18:56 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

We are talking about university educated COMPUTER GAME developers getting fired.
First world "problems" on a whole new level.

How many people are fired everyday around the world?

Im not saying they should express sympathy with each and every individual that gets fired,
only that in this instance, it stinks to heaven of insincerity.

The extent of these peoples sympathy lasts about 5s here. And does nothing for the fired.

I find that pretty empty and pointless.

In either case. This is how the world works.
5s of sympathy on an internet bullshit page is an empty gesture.

...isn't the point of first world "problems" meme is that they're barely a problem? Being out of work is definitely an actual problem, otherwise no one would talk about unemployment rates.

But yeah, the limits for human beings to actually genuinely emphasize with another is a common sociobiological topic where it sounds like to me the question is what more is the number specifically rather than if it exists.

But I'd not expect it to change, it's a facet of making civilization comfortable to us, like laws against murder and theft, and greetings or farewells. And I regularly go on Internet sites to talk about video games that go in and out of vogue all the time so I can't count myself not as a person doing things that only really make me feel better.
Neo
14 Mar 2016, 19:09 PM

Losing your job sucks. Doesn't mean it's always unfair - these are different issues.

I think there are a few people in this thread who have an opinion formed on the basis of their own work in the gaming industry and believe their perspective is somehow more valid because of that.

Personally, I do a lot of "trolling", memes etc. but I always try to focus on the facts.

The fact of video game community relations is that it's 100% down to the Developer. Katitroll and Wuff (who I respect) can argue anything they like, but there is no getting away from this simple fact.

Relic's community relations policy has been atrocious. I remember watching a Siberian stream several years ago in which he was defending Relic. How long did it take for him to be labelled #Toxic just because he got fed up of waiting for Relic to up their game?

Relic's patching policy and patches themselves have been atrocious. Not just recently but since the game came out.

Relic's information disclosure policy has been atrocious. The only thing it did is encourage the emergence of somewhat raised expectations which their patching then failed to meet. All this endless #excited_but_NDA policy was a source of repeated disappointment for anyone who was still gullible enough to expect anything good.

The reason the community is so "toxic" is very easy to understand for anyone who follows politics: a politician will always try to get the truth out, no matter how embarrassing or debilitating to their ambitions, first, and themselves, if they are sure someone else is going to if they don't.

Relic have been stringing the community along from one disappointment to another for years.

The only way to fix this is to create a community-influenced development approach where the community is encouraged and publicly rewarded for contributing to the game with suggested balance improvements, bug reports, mods, streams, community tournaments etc. This means a CM who actually has influence with the development and balancing teams and an understanding of why this is important from senior management. I work in communications, I can tell you if I was in charge of this on these terms, "toxic" would be a word used to refer to the bad old days within 6 months.

P.S. I am getting seriously tired of the people on this forum whose views are so shaped by the fact Relic sent them a T-shirt/retweeted their inane post/replied to their forum thread/accepted their steam friend request, that they would continue to blindly defend events like the last series of patches or the chaos that's been happening for years outlined above.

It's a free world, you can say what you want but you should know the rest of the community sees through this sycophantic attempt to negatively hallucinate reality for what it is: a few free-T-shirt-happy suckups trying to please.
14 Mar 2016, 19:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2016, 18:48 PMRappy
He went on at length about cuddle also being laid off and kyle staying on.

Ouch. Cuddle has been on point here in the bug section replying to peoples' issues... if this is true, that's a direct line from Relic to the community severed. I hope if this ends up being legit, and anyone fills his position, that they'll be as communicative and accessible as Cuddle :(
14 Mar 2016, 19:18 PM

so i came here, went threw 9 pages looking for proof. nice job jumping the gun FFS :facepalm:
14 Mar 2016, 19:44 PM

Atleast the people who wish this to be true genuinely have reason for wishing it to be so.
They didn't approve of or appreciate the work of these people.
You may disagree with that, but atleast its sincere.

You on the otherhand, are just mouthing some empty platitudes in a parody of sincerity.
You dont give a shit. Your hopes and best wishes also dont mean a shit.

But atleast one side is sincere.

Go away Nullist. You were already permabanned once for being a troll.

I've known Brad for years now and consider him to be a friend, well to the extent that some one you've only ever met on the Internet to be a friend. We've played many different games together, hearing about him potentially losing his job sucks - both because I think he did a good job at balancing the game (given the way he was restrained from making the changes he really wanted to make) and because he was a really chill guy. I know the pain of losing a job with bills on the line, luckily I had planned ahead for an emergency but it still sucked. Probably the worst feeling in the world up to this point in my life (thankfully I haven't lost my parents yet... Or any children.) The sympathy is genuine as I truly believe this to be a major blow to the future of Coh2.

If you want to be toxic in a time like this or wish ill upon another human during circumstances that you're beyond ignorant of, be my guest. But don't drag me down to your level of pathetic/childish troll behavior.

Good day sir.
14 Mar 2016, 19:47 PM

I feel sorry for dickwits who are opening beers for each other thinking relic is going bankrupt. No Relic = No CoH
Neo
14 Mar 2016, 19:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2016, 19:44 PMCieZ

Go away Nullist.

The fact he was your friend doesn't mean he was good at his job or treated the community with respect. These are separate issues.

If you cannot be objective, send him a compassionate message. An argument that someone is your friend, therefore they are immune from criticism is invalid.

Why don't you go away instead?
14 Mar 2016, 19:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2016, 19:47 PMNeo

The fact he was your friend doesn't mean he was good at his job or treated the community with respect. These are separate issues.

If you cannot be objective, send him a compassionate message. An argument that someone is your friend, therefore they are immune from criticism is invalid.

Treated the community with respect? Coming from the clown that parroted the multiple video and gif hitpieces on Brad? Jeez I wonder why that was the case.

14 Mar 2016, 20:00 PM

Losing a Job brings focus back on to one's self which is not always a bad thing. It's like anything else in life you can look at it as glass half full or glass half empty, your choice.

From the way this thread has been going I'd venture to guess that the majority of the people in here are glass half empty kinda people, which honestly very sad but you are entitled to your own opinion. I will first hand admit that when my father had announced to me that he had gotten laid off, while I was in middle school I was incredibly selfish and thought about only me and how I was not going to college.

It turned out to be great thing as I built a better relationship with my father during my chaotic teenage years, and furthermore when I didn't get re-signed /extended on my first couple of contract based jobs it ended up being a blessing in disguise as I was able to secure better higher compensating positions, and more importantly something I had higher level of passion for, which I did not know at the time. I ended up in better positions overall and fully believe what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. If gives you more flavor to look outside your generally narrow vision and to try something else, think of it as your first breakup in a way.

Point is after all of this, good can still come out of all of this for everyone and anyone it's solely based on outlook, luckily I learned this early in life.
Neo
14 Mar 2016, 20:03 PM

Treated the community with respect? Coming from the clown that parroted the multiple video and gif hitpieces on Brad? Jeez I wonder why that was the case.

1. I didn't parrot them, I created them.
2. Only 1 meme I had anything to do with or shared mentioned Brad by name and that one did not insult him in any way.
3. I removed any mention of Brad from the video I made as soon as I was informed he found it upsetting.
4. The memes came after Brad had disrespected the community and trashtalked people. This is irrelevant given 1 & 2 above.
5.You are well described in the P.S. section of my long post above. Enjoy your T-shirt brah.
14 Mar 2016, 20:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2016, 20:03 PMNeo

1. I didn't parrot them, I created them.
2. Only 1 meme I had anything to do with or shared mentioned Brad by name and that one did not insult him in any way.
3. The memes came after Brad had shown disrespected for the community and trashtalked people. This is irrelevant given 1 & 2 above.

P.S. You are well described in the P.S. section of my long post above. Enjoy your T-shirt brah.

Perfect, even worse. His perceived disrespect was also a long time coming and justified.

People like you are completely clueless to what happened behind the scenes in relic (especially with how tied the hands were of the balance guys), yet chose to target one specific public face of Relic that wasn't even responsible for 80 percent of the garbage you slung at him. Seriously, take a step back and look at the guys job description.

P.S it's a nice fuckin shirt
Neo
14 Mar 2016, 20:14 PM

P.S it's a nice fuckin shirt

Q.E.D.
14 Mar 2016, 20:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2016, 19:47 PMNeo

You're probably going to enjoy this given your character but whatever...

First, why should I go away? I'm not the one pathetic enough to create another account on a forum after being permabanned, Nullist was - not sure why the mods allow it given that multi accounts are a bannable offense but I don't really care at this point, this site has gone downhill fast.

If you knew anything about me and/or my relationship with Brad and/or Relic you would know that I have been extremely critical on countless occasions. But yeah keep talking about stuff you know nothing about. Makes you look smart and stuff 4Head

There's a big difference in being critical and being happy that some one lost their job. Brad did a lot more for this community than most, especially you, realize.

Oh wait aren't you the guy that was crying when your stupid wanna-be memes got taken off the site? That desperate for attention rofl. What a clown.
14 Mar 2016, 20:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2016, 17:55 PMCieZ
This community really makes me sad sometimes.

Katitof of course (and unprovoked) calling people idiots for believing this is possible. People saying they're glad that someone/some people may have lost their job... Should never be happy about some one losing their job unless they're a criminal or grossly inept.

Even more reasons to keep my distance from this site I guess. It has become so pathetic in the last 6 months or so. Just a haven for trolls really.

On the chance that this is true; best of luck to those who lost their jobs and RIP coh2 for the immediate future.

Couldn't have said it better. I tend to just lurk but iv given up on even doing that, the current state of this sites community just makes me sad, i dread to think what its like being a new person to the site with all the bile that's spewed out at the moment.

I wish Brad the best if he has left and i hope he won't judge the whole coh2 community based on what he see's here.
14 Mar 2016, 20:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2016, 19:44 PMCieZ

Go away Nullist. You were already permabanned once for being a troll.

I've known Brad for years now and consider him to be a friend, well to the extent that some one you've only ever met on the Internet to be a friend. We've played many different games together, hearing about him potentially losing his job sucks - both because I think he did a good job at balancing the game (given the way he was restrained from making the changes he really wanted to make) and because he was a really chill guy. I know the pain of losing a job with bills on the line, luckily I had planned ahead for an emergency but it still sucked. Probably the worst feeling in the world up to this point in my life (thankfully I haven't lost my parents yet... Or any children.) The sympathy is genuine as I truly believe this to be a major blow to the future of Coh2.

If you want to be toxic in a time like this or wish ill upon another human during circumstances that you're beyond ignorant of, be my guest. But don't drag me down to your level of pathetic/childish troll behavior.

Good day sir.

If working at Relic is so restrictive, this may be a good opportunity for him to do something else. Yeah everyone equipped with a brain can feel sorry about someone being laid off but you can't really deny the fact there is a reason for that. Now the reason will probably never be explained the community so I don't really care about it even if you give me your perception of it Im not going to trust it because I know it will be bias from your friend relationship with him.

So yes, sorry for him but what next. And I don't think the community is that toxic now, it has never been better before. The only thing I can agree is Relic fucking up his own official fora for months and a lack of moderation in coh2.org but here again it just a finding.

PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS