Login

russian armor

Layoffs at Relic? And the future of COH2

• This thread is locked
PAGES (11)down
14 Mar 2016, 12:21 PM

Game dead, go play league of legends guys. I'll teach u all am super pro four head
Neo
14 Mar 2016, 12:21 PM

Thank you for reminding me that a balance dev has a customer facing job.

Are you suggesting Brad didn't regularly interact with customers in a public manner?
14 Mar 2016, 12:23 PM

ded gaem
14 Mar 2016, 12:25 PM

There is thing called "reputation" and when you have 2 fucked up ESLs and almost fucked up third one, when you fix 1 bug and add 99, there is reson why you wanna hide your pretty face or fire some guy to blame, you know.

Except, its NOT designers who are to blame for bugs, but developers.

Not the guys coming up with ideas and balance, but the ones who code.
14 Mar 2016, 12:27 PM

"Which community member knows best? - Find out tonight".

14 Mar 2016, 12:28 PM

14 Mar 2016, 12:29 PM

Support the game by playing it and buying some stuff from the store !

Rest assured the game is not dead. Long live to the king of team Rts!

Thanks
14 Mar 2016, 12:29 PM

14 Mar 2016, 12:31 PM
14 Mar 2016, 12:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2016, 12:25 PMKatitof

Except, its NOT designers who are to blame for bugs, but developers.

Not the guys coming up with ideas and balance, but the ones who code.

The majority of the changes in these patches are just tweaking scripts and unit variables. This is something a balance designer would normally do, not a programmer.

If you remember, they said the delay to the original vet-fix was they needed programmers to do some fixing (meaning it was outside of their abilities).

The majority of bugs and issues with the game was down to the poor QA and shitty work done by Brad tweaking the games high level scripts and unit variables. I honestly believe he was let go due to the embarrassment of the patches.

Every game company has tracking and statistics involved with every patch launch and the leads probably noticed the amount of patches and hotfixes for the patches and hotfix for the patches patch that kept happening.
14 Mar 2016, 12:40 PM
14 Mar 2016, 12:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2016, 12:32 PMpugzii

The majority of the changes in these patches are just tweaking scripts and unit variables. This is something a balance designer would normally do, not a programmer.

If you remember, they said the delay to the original vet-fix was they needed programmers to do some fixing (meaning it was outside of their abilities).

The majority of bugs and issues with the game was down to the poor QA and shitty work done by Brad tweaking the games high level scripts and unit variables. I honestly believe he was let go due to the embarrassment of the patches.

Well, yes and no, designer MAY change the values, but it is up to developer to build a patch for it as its a lil bit more then clicking "overwrite" button.

Every game company has tracking and statistics involved with every patch launch and the leads probably noticed the amount of patches and hotfixes for the patches and hotfix for the patches patch that kept happening.

1) No need to tell me this really :romeoPro:
2) You don't really need statistics to see these things, community manager informing of issues as they appear and product director who doesn't have head up his rear armor is enough to make a noise. Designers themselves aren't(shouldn't at least) be locked out of the outer world either.
14 Mar 2016, 12:51 PM

In the end, it could merely be Kyle not being happy how Brad "professionally handled" the community relationship. Sega might have removed him from Relic, and put him onto one of their other countless other studios.
14 Mar 2016, 12:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2016, 12:48 PMKatitof

Well, yes and no, designer MAY change the values, but it is up to developer to build a patch for it as its a lil bit more then clicking "overwrite" button.

1) No need to tell me this really :romeoPro:
2) You don't really need statistics to see these things, community manager informing of issues as they appear and product director who doesn't have head up his rear armor is enough to make a noise. Designers themselves aren't(shouldn't at least) be locked out of the outer world either.

The build should be automated along with tests, this is how it worked at my previous company. You could literally edit some variables and launch a build and it would tag the build, compile it, test it and push a patch to a repository where it could be QA tested - needing programmers to build it manually is awful and is only something shitty indies do.

They will have statistics 100%, and these will be reviewed at monthly (or so) meetings with leads of Relic, likely these constant patch fuckups and hotfix fuckups went to far and were noticed, especially when it costs them 'money and time' per patch.
14 Mar 2016, 13:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2016, 12:48 PMKatitof

Even if yes, then what ? With amount of bugs and shit we had with every patch, even if there is some-one to build patches, it dosent make them some how better. Fact is fact, that IF brad make changes (and I'm sure that 99% changes are made by him, except for core "functions" like reversing, deep vet fixing, working with core functions and so on) no-one check them and barrely test them.
14 Mar 2016, 13:02 PM

Even if yes, then what ? With amount of bugs and shit we had with every patch, even if there is some-one to build patches, it dosent make them some how better. Fact is fact, that IF brad make changes (and I'm sure that 99% changes are made by him, except for core "functions" like reversing, deep vet fixing, working with core functions and so on) no-one check them and barrely test them.

Exactly.
14 Mar 2016, 13:03 PM

The reverse function was merely an added "if" function, with distance calculation, nothing else fancy. It was oversold as a major change to the pathfinding, along with fancy videos.. urgh.
14 Mar 2016, 13:05 PM

The reverse function was merely an added "if" function, with distance calculation, nothing else fancy. It was oversold as a major change to the pathfinding, along with fancy videos.. urgh.

No, that if statement would have already existed, they just increased the distance, even less effort.
14 Mar 2016, 13:06 PM

Support the game by playing it and buying some stuff from the store !

Rest assured the game is not dead. Long live to the king of team Rts!

Thanks

Yeah...sure. Buy me all the overpriced DLCs, I want the +300 euros bundle.
14 Mar 2016, 13:14 PM

Yeah...sure. Buy me all the overpriced DLCs, I want the +300 euros bundle.

You are a genius !
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight