Login

russian armor

Layoffs at Relic? And the future of COH2

• This thread is locked
PAGES (11)down
14 Mar 2016, 09:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2016, 09:48 AMNeo
The shitposting in this thread makes me proud to be a member of this community.

These rumours were started in Twitch chat by well-known and loved community trolls.

Brad's LinkedIn page still shows him as employed by Relic.

As always, pics or it didn't happen.

But they do have pics! cant you see thier irrevocable proof?
14 Mar 2016, 09:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2016, 09:48 AMNeo

Brad's LinkedIn page still shows him as employed by Relic.

Well as you can see, he has

While his chap Jason Lee has

Neo
14 Mar 2016, 09:54 AM

03/11 Hotfix was an inside job guys.
14 Mar 2016, 09:57 AM

Y it seems like Brad is fired, because even on his page there is no current job and previous set to Relic enterteiment, while again Jason Lee has his previous job - Relic enterteiment AND his current job is Relic enterteiment aswell.
14 Mar 2016, 10:01 AM

so there is one guy left at lelic to fix things, lul
14 Mar 2016, 10:02 AM

Its going down baby hang on :banana::rofl:
14 Mar 2016, 10:15 AM

I was beta tester of this tea, and I must say that taste feels very balanced.

Nice one, I didn't expect such a brilliant reply :D
14 Mar 2016, 10:31 AM
Patrion 14

Tfw Brad changed his Linkedin but you guys still think this is a hoax
14 Mar 2016, 10:41 AM

I do not think there is any reason to be overexcited about this.

The whole veterancy issue felt bad. The community is often pointing out what's wrong with the game. Brad was overly rude in the Relic twitch, and he often trolled and insulted community members in the forums. In addition, patches since November and new commanders were mostly a step backwards in the wrong direction instead of attempting to develop new game-play.

I think the only good and professional guys who are interacting with us are Cuddletronic and Kyle. At least now we'll have patchnotes without these silly Brad typos.

I hope Relic takes the right step and gets more people onto CoH2 :)
14 Mar 2016, 10:43 AM

Tfw Brad changed his Linkedin but you guys still think this is a hoax

Except there are only two Braden Chans on linkedin and no another Brad\Braden working for Relic.

The only way I see here is that he probably fired or made it look like he is fired, to stop memes and bitching about him and he will continue "fixing" but in shadow.
14 Mar 2016, 10:49 AM
Patrion 14

Except there are only two Braden Chans on linkedin and no another Brad\Braden working for Relic.

The only way I see here is that he probably fired or made it look like he is fired, to stop memes and bitching about him and he will continue "fixing" but in shadow.

I bet he's heartbroken about the shitty memes and the bitching...
14 Mar 2016, 11:10 AM

There is thing called "reputation" and when you have 2 fucked up ESLs and almost fucked up third one, when you fix 1 bug and add 99, there is reson why you wanna hide your pretty face or fire some guy to blame, you know.
14 Mar 2016, 11:18 AM
Patrion 14

There is thing called "reputation" and when you have 2 fucked up ESLs and almost fucked up third one, when you fix 1 bug and add 99, there is reson why you wanna hide your pretty face or fire some guy to blame, you know.

you're absolutely right.
14 Mar 2016, 11:18 AM

There's a principle called Occam's Razor (wiki it!).

Just like Neo, I used to be highly sceptical of this claim. However, we already have evidence that corroborates with the OP. With respect to evidence, we have (from strongest to weakest):
- Brad's Linkedin page
- Dusty's comment in this thread
- The eerie silence that has been looming over the bugs subforum since Thursday
14 Mar 2016, 11:20 AM
Patrion 310

Maybe there is something deeper to these rumours. As to the potential of COH2/COH3 development being outsourced to the CA Halo Wars 2 team and maybe COH3 for the Windows 10 platform (Xbox/PC).
Relic doesn't have an AAA console/pc team, CA does.
COH2/TW:Arena seems more popular in Europe than NA. So it would make sense to have CA supporting both eSport titles from the UK.

CA has been hiring PC+console devs like crazy to build a big RTS team with Halo Wars 2.
http://www.creative-assembly.com/jobs

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/halo-wars-2-will-not-be-total-war-halo/0153979
“There’s loads of pressure,” studio boss Tim Heaton said. “We are absolutely using Halo Wars as a starting point. This isn’t going to be a Total War: Halo kind of game – this is Halo Wars taken to the next stage.
*SNIP*
“We’ve crafted the Halo Wars team, but primarily we are able to use the Alien: Isolation developers,” said Heaton. “They’re our console-ready team. It’s the perfect combination: we have great strategy knowledge, great PC knowledge and now great console knowledge because of Alien.”

Halo wars 2 dev team has been confirmed to be around 150-200 developers. In comparison, the new TW: Arena ESL title is only 30 developers. COH2 was around 70 developers at its 2014 peak development.

Also, you have CA_Dogbert (James Given) Community Coordinator/ESL Caster for Total War: ARENA
https://twitter.com/ca_dogbert?lang=da
A big fan of COH and former pro-gamer, so he could help np with COH2 eSport.

Over 3 years ago CA_Dogbert/Team Dignitas said this about COH2 eSport;
“Company of Heroes, amazing if it comes back and it got any eSports potential. I’ll literally live on that game.”

Go to youtube at 30:30 to hear CA_Dogbert positive comments on COH2s

Then there is DarrenTotalWar, Community Coordinator for Creative which has been posting COH guides and reviews on youtube
THE ESSENTIAL GUIDE! - Company of Heroes 2 Beginner Guide

The Console Team behind Halo Wars 2:

Youtube views: 7.584.492

‘Halo Wars 2’ Update: Dev Confirms Game at the Final Testing
http://www.lawyerherald.com/articles/32792/20160209/halo-wars-2-update-title-comes-at-xbox-event-game-dev-confirms-game-at-the-final-testing.htm

http://segmentnext.com/2016/03/02/halo-wars-2-update-given-by-phil-spencer/
While talking to IGN Phil Spencer was discussing the Xbox One and all of the news that has been released around the console and PC. One thing he brought up in the discussion was Halo 2 as an example of games he’s looking forward to:

“Spencer feels “really good about our core games,” and cited Halo Wars 2 as something he’s particularly interested in. “I love that we have Halo Wars 2 coming this year, I really think strategy is an underserved category on consoles. I love the first Halo Wars, I love the team we’re working with, this time, Creative Assembly is great.”

Why would a Microsoft-owned studio (343 Industries) outsource their biggest game IP to a SEGA owned studio without getting something in return? Warhammer and/or COH on Xbox/PC.

2014: Company of Heroes dev reckons it's solved the RTS on console problem
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-02-company-of-heroes-dev-reckons-its-solved-the-rts-on-console-problem

2013: Former rivals Creative Assembly, Relic find 'kinship' on the battleground
http://www.engadget.com/2013/08/01/former-rivals-creative-assembly-relic-find-kinship-on-the-bat/
14 Mar 2016, 11:21 AM

I would suck if it's true, primarily because being laid off is a shitty thing to happen to anyone.
14 Mar 2016, 11:38 AM
Donator 11

Over 3 years ago CA_Dogbert/Team Dignitas said this about COH2 eSport;

Go to youtube at 30:30 to hear CA_Dogbert positive comments on COH2s

oh god, this video is gold! they go on about balancing in coh1 and what relic should avoid in coh2 and oh, it fits so perfectly. its amazing. and heartbreaking.
Neo
14 Mar 2016, 11:38 AM

He specifically requested that several memes were taken down on this very website... So, yes, I suppose he was offended VonFrench.

I won't believe he was fired until it's officially confirmed but if he did, it a) wouldn't be a surprise and b) is the right decision if he is appropriately replaced.

Arrogance and condescension are not suitable qualities for a customer-facing job.

Katitof for Community Manager.

14 Mar 2016, 11:50 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2016, 11:38 AMNeo

He specifically requested that several memes were taken down on this very website... So, yes, I suppose he was offended VonFrench.

I won't believe he was fired until it's officially confirmed but if he did, it a) wouldn't be a surprise and b) is the right decision if he is appropriately replaced.

Arrogance and condescension are not suitable qualities for a customer-facing job.

Katitof for Community Manager.

Thank you for reminding me that a balance dev has a customer facing job. You guys discuss away with whatever information you have, we'll know what's up once we hear back from Relic .
+1 on Katitof for Community Manager btw
14 Mar 2016, 11:52 AM

I am not even sure if Relic has to announce their staff lay-off to us. Developers in the game industry come and go, it could easily be that Brad decided to go elsewhere that may be less toxic for him.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS