Login

russian armor

Layoffs at Relic? And the future of COH2

• This thread is locked
PAGES (11)down
14 Mar 2016, 20:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2016, 20:31 PMEsxile

If working at Relic is so restrictive, this may be a good opportunity for him to do something else. Yeah everyone equipped with a brain can feel sorry about someone being laid off but you can't really deny the fact there is a reason for that. Now the reason will probably never be explained the community so I don't really care about it even if you give me your perception of it Im not going to trust it because I know it will be bias from your friend relationship with him.

So yes, sorry for him but what next. And I don't think the community is that toxic now, it has never been better before. The only thing I can agree is Relic fucking up his own official fora for months and a lack of moderation in coh2.org but here again it just a finding.

Nice counter. Go T3.

14 Mar 2016, 20:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2016, 20:31 PMEsxile

And I don't think the community is that toxic now, it has never been better before.

This whole thread is kinda toxic. But yeah, I remember a time when I could use my screen to season my fries, as the salt kept jumping through it.

CoH2 is a great game, and currently it's holding good ground, looking through steamcharts. It had its downs and ups, but, even with the screw-ups, people didn't give up. I'd say the game has some 1-2 more years 'till something similar appears to steal us from the game.
14 Mar 2016, 20:43 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I for one didn't mind brads apparent "unprofessional and troll" way of talking to the community on streams and stuff. I found him funny and APPROACHABLE and troll able, especially since he would usually just troll back :snfPeter:

Very unlike most devs in other games I've played. Brad was truly a breath of fresh air in that regard. Really chill guy, and knew how to play.. Hopefully he lands on his feet.
My favorite quote of his: " I can't nerf bad play"

Cuddle tronic was bug database entering machine. Responsive as fuck. Hopefully all goes well for him too.

We spit vitriol at relic employees buts it's easy to forget these are real people with families to feed, and like dusty said, with a lot of these problems, their hands are most likely tied and they're just doing the best they can.

#AddedToOurDatabase #RaccAttack

Now if this is all one big troll, well never mind.
Neo
14 Mar 2016, 20:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2016, 20:27 PMCieZ

What a clown.

Funny how you and your fellow T-shirt lovers can only resort to insults when you have nothing factual to say.

All I see is you defending Relic's indefensible behaviour. Keep it up.

Let me be honest with you about something before I stop replying though:

Nobody in this community cared a damn about Brad before he appeared on our radars, nobody cared a damn about him while he was working at Relic and nobody cares a damn about him now, irrespective of whether your "but-Brad-is-my-friend-and-now-he-lost-his-job-QQ" revelations are true or not.

People's attitude towards Brad was 95% based on an accumulated frustration with Relic and 5% on his conduct. Never occurred to me that anyone would be stupid enough to assume that we all care enough about Brad to try to insult him personally.

His arrogance and condescension was the 5% difference that made the difference between a general frustration with Relic as a whole and a slightly personalised slant on that underlying sentiment.

Facts, however, speak for themselves. Relic have built up an immense amount of ill-will from the community over a period of many years - anyone who steps into the spotlight on their behalf needs to a) know what they're doing b) have a thick skin and c) grow a sense of humour within minutes of taking the job.

That's life, not everyone is suited to every job. Suck it up, learn and move on.
14 Mar 2016, 20:44 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2016, 18:56 PMVuther

...isn't the point of first world "problems" meme is that they're barely a problem? Being out of work is definitely an actual problem, otherwise no one would talk about unemployment rates.

I think he just ment that people with their knowledge and experience would find new job in no time. Unemployment above natural level of people during recrutation process or university studies doesn't affect all industries you know.
14 Mar 2016, 20:55 PM

Relic is incompetent from top to bottom so this doesn't surprise me.

Perhaps in this case less is actually more since they're incapable of patching the game without introducing even more crippling bugs.
14 Mar 2016, 20:55 PM
Donator 22

Neo.

Ciez.

Chill out.
14 Mar 2016, 21:05 PM

What the problem with fired Brad? Yes it's bad to lose the job, but Brad as balance designer was bad. I mean, defend them as you want, say he is a good guy, he is chill and so on, it doesn't changes the fact that 9 out of 10 patches was bad.

9 out of 10 changes made units OP/UP
Ignoring and defending exploits like USF pop cap abuse
Ignoring OP units for ages
Bad/OP commanders
Bugs 1000 of them
Zero communication with community
Ignoring almost all oblivious balance flaws

Hell, guy from competition mode made in few weeks more then Brad.

No private testing, no bug testing. I mean, let's face it Brad can't handle coh2 balance. Its not improving its just constant nerf nerf buff buff OP UP OPUP.
14 Mar 2016, 21:19 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2016, 20:44 PMNeo

angry rabble

you just don't understand HOW COMFY those t-shirts are fam
14 Mar 2016, 21:38 PM

Is the layoff confirm ?

If it's still a rumor, maybe we should chill out ?

I don't think anymore speculation on the matter is helping our favorite game.

Just my own opinion.
14 Mar 2016, 21:54 PM

I love you all, not joking. I sincerely loved every single post of verbal vomit I read in this thread. I've always wanted to find out how autism feels like, and you delivered.
14 Mar 2016, 21:58 PM

I love you all, not joking. I sincerely loved every single post of verbal vomit I read in this thread. I've always wanted to find out how autism feels like, and you delivered.
You could do without the autism comment but I know what you mean. This thread is the worst form of misinformation that coh2.org is capable of instigating.
14 Mar 2016, 22:00 PM

Permanently Banned
Well say Cultist_kun.

I dont whanna blame Brad or somthing like this, i dont wish him fired or somthing like this ( i even dont know its only his job or not), but i need few answers.
Why Relic off patch mods ?
Why every patch nerf units to ground or make tham OP ?
Why another patch are so long when we know that this things are broken and its need nerf/buff ?
Why Relic sell new OP docs ? Its money politics from 2013 ? So just say it.
Where OPTIMIZATION who was murdered in 2014.
Why so many bugs in game after patches.

I cannot say that Relic work was terrible, it was be lie. But in my opinion thay can do more for game and faster and better.

If Relic dont have worker/time why thay dont ask community to help ? Not all of us ofc, but its be better for tham, for game, for community coz we know that we did somthing for game.

I like this game and wahnt that this game was better, i spend so many time for this game and money and when people write shut up you dont know nothing, so write true if you know or just shut up (coz its looks very strange i know how thay work but i dont will be say).
Trolling, memes its a part of public life (relic are public person) i dont see nothing criminal in Neo videos.
I am with You Neo :).
14 Mar 2016, 22:03 PM

The moment the British where released. I lost every ouce of respect for relics balance team. The gave themselves cancer with that. I personally suggested some of them to be fired. The AEC buff was the icing on the cake. Clear sign they didn't know what they where doing. Hopefully relic finds some new faces that know a thing or two.

Cuttletronic is the only memeber I respect.
Quick and Responsive replies to anyone's problems with their game. No matter how angry the topic was he was there. Communication like that is what people like to see.

14 Mar 2016, 22:17 PM

Me and my coh friends enjoyed Neo's memes so thanks for making us laugh Neo! I don't see any reason for someone to be offended by them.
14 Mar 2016, 22:19 PM

Guys,

1) Let's assume for instance that Relic had somebody else instead of Brad as the lead balance developer in the past couple of months:
- Is there anybody in this thread, seriously thinking that the lead balance developer would have enough power to veto/tone-down the OP DLC stuff before release (Brits, Commanders etc)
- Or do you think that the higher ups would just try to force those things into the game anyway to pump money out (so that the game and the company could keep running)
- Why are we crucifying Brad for stuff he most likely had absolutely no say about anyway?

2) Regarding patches. Before Brad:
- How often did this game get to be patched (bugfixes, rebalancing, etc)?
- What happened between these patches? (Broken meta for months? Tiger Ace/Windustry, anyone?)
- What was the communication between Relic devs and the community like?
14 Mar 2016, 22:27 PM

14 Mar 2016, 22:28 PM

Folks are overlooking Noun's comments. If it were mass studio layoffs Relic/Sega would have put out a public notification. As this has not happened, it would be safe to assume that there has been some select layoffs for whatever reasons. We can speculate on those reasons but Relic would not be in a position to state them for privacy reasons. The best we can do as a community is wish those ex-Relic employees our best. I'm confident that Brad will land on his feet as Vancouver has a significant number of gaming studios.

This thread should be locked out of respect for those that lost their jobs. For realz.

(PS: My t-shirt got destroyed in the wash)
(PPS: We all have the right to be pissed off about the state of the game and the recent patch shenanigans that played out. Singling out the employees who choose to make themselves known on stream really isn't the correct way to go about it.)

14 Mar 2016, 22:41 PM

What the problem with fired Brad? Yes it's bad to lose the job, but Brad as balance designer was bad. I mean, defend them as you want, say he is a good guy, he is chill and so on, it doesn't changes the fact that 9 out of 10 patches was bad.

9 out of 10 changes made units OP/UP
Ignoring and defending exploits like USF pop cap abuse
Ignoring OP units for ages
Bad/OP commanders
Bugs 1000 of them
Zero communication with community
Ignoring almost all oblivious balance flaws

Hell, guy from competition mode made in few weeks more then Brad.

No private testing, no bug testing. I mean, let's face it Brad can't handle coh2 balance. Its not improving its just constant nerf nerf buff buff OP UP OPUP.

See, this is the problem. People like you keep assuming that this is Brad's responsibility. Its hilarious, you think one guy, who isn't even the lead of the balance team, is responsible for everything, including all the bugs. Thats borderline mentally retarded thinking.

Private testing has happened since Pre-WFA. Shit gets said, some of it gets put in, a lot of it isn't even up to the balance guys sometimes. Theres a gigantic disconnect between Relic management and the guys who actually do the work. I think if you've been here for years you would realize that.

At this point the game is going to die out, and the vocal minority like yourself that are so ill-informed and toxic will be the last ones to close the door.

Edit: Either way I'm done with this thread. No point arguing with the one-track clowns like you, neo, vasa, and co.
14 Mar 2016, 22:43 PM

Guys,

1) Let's assume for instance that Relic had somebody else instead of Brad as the lead balance developer in the past couple of months:
- Is there anybody in this thread, seriously thinking that the lead balance developer would have enough power to veto/tone-down the OP DLC stuff before release (Brits, Commanders etc)
- Or do you think that the higher ups would just try to force those things into the game anyway to pump money out (so that the game and the company could keep running)
- Why are we crucifying Brad for stuff he most likely had absolutely no say about anyway?

2) Regarding patches. Before Brad:
- How often did this game get to be patched (bugfixes, rebalancing, etc)?
- What happened between these patches? (Broken meta for months? Tiger Ace/Windustry, anyone?)
- What was the communication between Relic devs and the community like?

This is spot on.

Brad isn't even the lead guy, so its even more ridiculous to point fingers at him.

Everyone wants to forget the shitshow of commanders like Windustry/Tiger Ace and balance under other devs.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS