Login

russian armor

Soviet "IronRoman" Strategy

8 Jul 2013, 06:33 AM

Permanently Banned
Here is how it's done.

First, with your first combat engineer build support weapon kampaneya and make 4 mgs. Put mgs in important places where the fuel is.

Second, make conscript squat and instantly upgrade to anti tank nades and then make second conscript squad. You will want your conscripts close to your mgs in case the enemy ht flame rushes you.

Third, if the enemy got a mortar out, get a mortar out as well and then get a heal upgrade.

Fourth, pick "shock rifle frontline tactics" commander. Now if the enemy is spamming a lot of infantry like panzergrenadiers, start making shock troops to take care of them combined with your maxim mgs and your two conscript squads.

Fifth, make tank depot and start making su 85s. I recommend 2 su-85s in late game or even 3. When you have your first su-85 on the field support it with conscripts in case the enemy tries to flank your su-85 with panzer 4 or any other tank. Throw anti tank nades at his tank and finish it off with your su-85.

Sixth, in late game depends on the situation, if the enemy still spamming grens and panzergrenadiers have kv-8 out and have shock troops support it and have your su-85s in the back supporting you and keep the pressure on your enemy with your mgs. If you see any paks kill them with your shock troops or with your kv-8. If you have extra manpower, OP one or two fuel points, so you can get IS-2 tank out.

That's it. ENJOY IRONROMAN SOVIET STRATEGY.

8 Jul 2013, 07:03 AM

8 Jul 2013, 07:11 AM

Permanently Banned
8 Jul 2013, 08:14 AM

Do you find that your early game capping power is a problem?

Building no squads immediately will make it a little slower no?
8 Jul 2013, 10:58 AM

You can cap with MGs?
8 Jul 2013, 11:01 AM

Yes you can Barton, play tutorial you noob! MVGame
8 Jul 2013, 11:58 AM

Yes, yes, but it's still slower than starting out with building conscripts. Hence the question.
8 Jul 2013, 12:25 PM

I haven't done this strategy with the shock troops but a 4mg start does work really well(i run 120mm mortar +4mgs), you just have to micro the positioning right or it all falls apart, i usually set the first 3 on choke points and the fourth as a flex unit, if one MG has to retreat my flex falls in its place so i never loss suppression on a choke, then i just reinforce the hurt one and bring it back. This with mortar, su-75, hatyusha can decimate infantry and really beat down the germans with attrition/manpower drain, especially if they invest heavily in PG's.

You really need some form of artillery to drain the enemy's manpower, if you just suppress and retreat they will float a lot of manpower and then over run you will force.

tactically, once you set up you must advance every time the enemy assaults you and retreats, you need to look ahead of your defenses and behind and know where you want your MG's before the enemy hits you, if they retreat you advance, if they break through you know where you need to go. Do this and you will slowly envelope the map.

O also, MINES!!!! mine everything, everywhere. start on your flanks, just enough so enemy mortars wont detonate them but the likely paths a scout car or P4 might travel. I usually mine my base heavily at mid game in case of a tank rush because i set all of my units on one side of the map. Leave your su-85 between your base and MG defense so it can react to where ever the enemy armor goes.

TLDR:

Proper MG chokepoint placement

some sort of artillery, 86mm mortar, 120mm mortar, hatyusha, su-75, you have to drain the enemies manpower.

Look behind and ahead of your defenses, advance when you force the enemy to retreat and you will slowly envelope the map. Also look to where you need to retreat in case of a break through.

Hold 2 VP if possible so the Germans have to fight you(so you can attrition them)

Mines, mines, mines, mines, more mines and some more mines.
8 Jul 2013, 12:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jul 2013, 11:01 AMQvazar
Yes you can Barton, play tutorial you noob! MVGame

omg you noob, that was rhetorical question, if you know what does it mean MVGame
8 Jul 2013, 14:04 PM

omg you noob, that was rhetorical question, if you know what does it mean MVGame

omg you noob, that was a joke, if you know what that means MVGame
8 Jul 2013, 15:03 PM

The fact that this is viable is a problem D:.

Just the 4 Maxim start I was talking about a while back that's viable - it's more annoying than SSSSS (Sorry Barton, QDuffy trolls everyone better than you)
8 Jul 2013, 18:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jul 2013, 14:04 PMQvazar

omg you noob, that was a joke, if you know what that means MVGame

ahh, my apologize, didn't noticed "MVGame" at the end. MVGame
8 Jul 2013, 22:23 PM

Just used it against Hans, his reaction was priceless. GG in less than 20 mins(T-70s included)
8 Jul 2013, 22:50 PM

This strategy has been approved by BartonPL MVGame
10 Jul 2013, 10:10 AM

This maxim strat is ugly "below the belt" ugly even !
But what would CoH be with out you "pirates" !?? :thumbsup:
12 Jul 2013, 15:18 PM
Benefactor 115

just read this.
funny how it's very similar to the one I posted!
http://www.coh2.org/topic/5218/weapon-teamssu85shock-rifle-comm
12 Jul 2013, 17:27 PM

You're losing map control and capping power with that strat. A good player will take most of the map while waiting on flame trucks to wipe the MG's out. Keeping Conscripts near MG's all the time means you've said goodbye to map control. I would just take the map and bait your Conscripts out then rush your unprotected MG's with flamers.

That and Mg's are so easy to flank when you know where their set up. Not every map has buildings to protect you.

I would love a 1v1 with you so I can destroy your strat in front of your eyes lol
13 Jul 2013, 08:12 AM

Permanently Banned
You're losing map control and capping power with that strat. A good player will take most of the map while waiting on flame trucks to wipe the MG's out. Keeping Conscripts near MG's all the time means you've said goodbye to map control. I would just take the map and bait your Conscripts out then rush your unprotected MG's with flamers.

That and Mg's are so easy to flank when you know where their set up. Not every map has buildings to protect you.

I would love a 1v1 with you so I can destroy your strat in front of your eyes lol

You will have your chance at the legend of IronRoman some day and you will lose like others before you...
14 Jul 2013, 09:56 AM

You will have your chance at the legend of IronRoman some day and you will lose like others before you...

lol, I await the day
14 Jul 2013, 14:07 PM

He's Iron Roman, the legendary Stag spammer.

Legend has it that when lend lease vehicles are involved in COH2: Tales of Vladivostok, Iron Roman will drive his stags all the way from Siberia to Berlin via Moscow.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★