Login

russian armor

Penals as suicide units?

nee
14 Mar 2016, 08:19 AM

the only thing the penal needs is a buff to their rifleman and a vehicle snare on their satchel.

You may be onto something here: if Satchels can affect vehicles like the way UKF's Gammon Bomb does, it gives Penals a role in dealing with enemy vehicles without copying Conscript's AT snare; in fact it would make a good combo: use Penals to tank damage and try to stun with Satchel, and Conscripts meanwhile move in and snare the tank.
In other words: Satchel = stun, AT Grenade = snare. Any Soviet player is free to use either unit by itself to deal with tanks, but for best results you build T1 and get Penals to assist your Conscripts.
14 Mar 2016, 08:19 AM

Remember when Flamethrower riflemen was so powerful, relic had to move the upgrade to rear echelon?.

Penal is basically the same unit except their rifles are weaker.

the only thing the penal needs is a buff to their rifleman and a vehicle snare on their satchel.

I'm sure it had absolutely nothing to do with one of the most powerful call-in med tanks being there, rifles being more durable with vet, having normal, smoke and AT nades and FRP on top of all things.

Nope, must definitely been the flamer on rifles alone.
14 Mar 2016, 08:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Mar 2016, 08:19 AMKatitof

I'm sure it had absolutely nothing to do with one of the most powerful call-in med tanks being there, rifles being more durable with vet, having normal, smoke and AT nades and FRP on top of all things.

Nope, must definitely been the flamer on rifles alone.

The advantage of Penal being non-doctrinal, is being able to use them with every Sov armor in existence.

Wasn't flame rifle popular before they got the terminator veterancy?

and I also suppose giving satchel the ability to snare vehicle.
14 Mar 2016, 09:17 AM

The advantage of Penal being non-doctrinal, is being able to use them with every Sov armor in existence.

Rifles arrived the field with vet 1/2. the commander gave them an huge advantage in early game + flamer + the ability to counter light vehicles by small arms fire and AT nade. And the point is, that u didnt need to spend fuel for them.

Penals force u to play T1 which can be countered by 222. Penals have no At abilitys and they are weaker than rifles. Also T1 would force you to choose an commander with Guards or Tank hunter Partisans. I mean they arent bad, but there are probably better commanders with shocks/IS2.

Conclusion: No reason to play Penals in current patch. Conscripts and Engineers are doing a better job than Penals.

14 Mar 2016, 10:22 AM

Rifles arrived the field with vet 1/2. the commander gave them an huge advantage in early game + flamer + the ability to counter light vehicles by small arms fire and AT nade. And the point is, that u didnt need to spend fuel for them.

Penals force u to play T1 which can be countered by 222. Penals have no At abilitys and they are weaker than rifles. Also T1 would force you to choose an commander with Guards or Tank hunter Partisans. I mean they arent bad, but there are probably better commanders with shocks/IS2.

Conclusion: No reason to play Penals in current patch. Conscripts and Engineers are doing a better job than Penals.

I'm not saying Penals are fine currently. They desperately need a buff to their mid-long range dps. Right now the conscript actually out perform the penal at mid to long range.

It's such an obvious buff for the penal, that anything more complicated seems excessive.
14 Mar 2016, 16:20 PM

https://www.coh2.org/topic/50599/the-current-state-of-the-penal-battalion

I am having a blast with Penals post March 9 hotfix and I made a guide to show my love for all things burning.
14 Mar 2016, 16:48 PM

I think we should stop trying to find room in our lives for penals - they are redundant. Just give the satchel charge to Engis and remove penals from the game.

14 Mar 2016, 18:43 PM

He was referring to the EZ8 tank. The commander was popular because of RNG Vet 2 riflemen and the access to the easy 8 tank. Then, it's price was nerfed and calliope and pershing was released.
15 Mar 2016, 09:20 AM
Donator 22

last man standing ability. The last penal model, can demo charge himself straight into paradise :D
15 Mar 2016, 19:36 PM

Penals are just worse riflemen that you need to build a tier for.
I could never understand why they are melee range only when they have SVTs.
15 Mar 2016, 21:38 PM

last man standing ability. The last penal model, can demo charge himself straight into paradise :D

Is also granted free infinite Sprint
Allah Akbar!!!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight