Login

russian armor

Penals as suicide units?

12 Mar 2016, 17:29 PM

What if penals are turned into suicide units, with reduced cost and pop cap but with significant damage reduction(basically a 6 man Major squad)? Would open up an option to soviets instead of going maxim spam, you spam penals with snipers killing stuff
12 Mar 2016, 17:49 PM

Make Penales viable strat by giving them vet 2 -29% rec. acc.

Fixed.
12 Mar 2016, 17:56 PM

The only unit that is suitable to be suicide unit in vet and squad perseverance based RTS is unit like goliath.

Also, please, elightes us HOW would soviets keep or gain map presence by losing units?
12 Mar 2016, 20:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2016, 17:56 PMKatitof

Also, please, elightes us HOW would soviets keep or gain map presence by losing units?

Rapid conscription :D
12 Mar 2016, 21:26 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I mean, what would that make conscripts?
12 Mar 2016, 21:54 PM
Donator 11

You should be able to build additional t5 building, a gulag for your penals that produces resources. That way they can be usefull late game :D
12 Mar 2016, 23:09 PM

You should be able to build additional t5 building, a gulag for your penals that produces resources. That way they can be usefull late game :D

Obviously you dont play they gem because the soviet are not allowed anything non doc that is useful past mid game
12 Mar 2016, 23:17 PM

I have a better idea
Lets make them 50mp, give them sticks instead of guns and remove all forms of mine detection for soviets. Voila, such historical accuracy.
13 Mar 2016, 00:15 AM

The AI is already a pro at self-wiping with satchels, now we just need to catch humans up on the gig
13 Mar 2016, 00:33 AM

Russian ostruppen? I'd be all for it
13 Mar 2016, 00:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2016, 00:33 AMUSSZim
Russian ostruppen? I'd be all for it

Its called conscripts.
13 Mar 2016, 00:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2016, 00:43 AMKatitof

Its called conscripts.

nope.
13 Mar 2016, 02:24 AM

make them a PPSH squad...

short range satchel

short range flamer thrower..

short range gun would make too much sense.
13 Mar 2016, 02:52 AM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2016, 02:24 AMpoop
make them a PPSH squad...

short range satchel

short range flamer thrower..

short range gun would make too much sense.

I know miragefla competitive mod changed the price of the flamer to 90 muni but it included 2 or 3 PPSHs and trust me it works amazing in it (he touched penals stats a little)

But with working vet now maybe that upgrade could be great, flammer, satchel PPSH and SVTs all for close quarters.

It's almost like the guards in the lend least commander minus the flammer and add a proper nade :snfCHVGame:
13 Mar 2016, 02:53 AM

I really like using Penals, but that is just a silly idea.

I would rather penals get a price reduction to ~255, or get a buff to their long-range accuracy. Either way, Penals are just so underwhelming right now, even with the flamethrower.

I mean honestly, they've always been incredibly underwhelming. Do you guys remember when they cost 360 MP and were even worse than they are now? Yeah, I do, and worse yet I used to actually use them back then as well.
13 Mar 2016, 03:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2016, 21:26 PMTobis
I mean, what would that make conscripts?

Walking meatshields that can shoot back. BLAM!!! patriots of the Glorious Motherland!

Rapid conscription :D

I laughed hard on this one.
13 Mar 2016, 03:42 AM

I meant "suicide units" as in inexpensive scouts, meatshields, and mine clearers. Conscripts will still be all around infantry, guards are the elite infantry, shocks are close range infantry, while penals will be just that. Other than a unit without a purpose, they get a new one. Of course they'd have to give out less vet, otherwise we'd just get another churchill-ish vet pinata..

What does one get penals for nowadays? Falmethrowers? Engineers have that already. To get "better" infantry than cons? Kek. Trolling your enemies and allies? Double kek.

What you guys are suggesting are damage buffs and stuf. I mean, that's cool and all, but what I'm suggesting is a new purpose for penals, other than just upgraded infantry. Make them suicide units, y'know, for variety or whatever.
13 Mar 2016, 04:00 AM

I meant "suicide units" as in inexpensive scouts, meatshields, and mine clearers. Conscripts will still be all around infantry, guards are the elite infantry, shocks are close range infantry, while penals will be just that. Other than a unit without a purpose, they get a new one. Of course they'd have to give out less vet, otherwise we'd just get another churchill-ish vet pinata..

What does one get penals for nowadays? Falmethrowers? Engineers have that already. To get "better" infantry than cons? Kek. Trolling your enemies and allies? Double kek.

What you guys are suggesting are damage buffs and stuf. I mean, that's cool and all, but what I'm suggesting is a new purpose for penals, other than just upgraded infantry. Make them suicide units, y'know, for variety or whatever.

Variety is well and good but the "suicide unit" role as you've outlined it is already fulfilled by Engineers and Conscripts. Giving the Soviets another disposable but cheap unit won't add anything to the faction.

Making Penal Battalions into elite infantry would reduce Soviet reliance on doctrines and give players more reason to go T1.
13 Mar 2016, 05:56 AM

Conscripts will still be all around infantry

Cons is never been "all around infantry". They melee infantry on start and AT-nade & Marge in late. Just a remark.
13 Mar 2016, 06:17 AM

Penals are okay now, I'm using them a lot, but their problem is the same as shocks, they are too damn fragile, you will always lose 1-2 model before even getting close to the enemy.

They are great tough when you get someone by surprise or if they fight 1v1 against other units.

I found they are best used to defend flanks or far away points or VPs because most of the times people send only one gren or volks to cap those far away points.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★