Login

russian armor

Double maxim spam.

15 Mar 2016, 21:37 PM

just make the maxim an identical profile of mg42 with 4 man squad. now everyone is happy.
15 Mar 2016, 21:50 PM

Reduce supression a bit amd increase damage but make it so cons and penals in the maxims arc fight harder "fight or die you cowards!"
Vet 1 replaced with "inspire" saps supression in targeted area at the cost of friendly fire XD support weapon now! It would fit with the way relic represents the soviet union...
15 Mar 2016, 21:57 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2016, 18:30 PMDrink

Im asking about fixing AoE suppression first.
This thing is even worse than maxims' U-turns and death loops because it affecs core gameplay mechanics.
Right now any mg has hard time shooting at squard in green cover BUT if mg shoots at nearbly squad in neutral cover that squad in green cover will be pinned in no time.
Thats why volks' sandbags don't help against maxims.

There are other inconsistencies.
-Whenever you can target the cover itself, it's way better to do so as the AoE suppression makes inta-pinned of any squad nearby.
-6man squads receive more suppression than 5/4 man squads. Incremental suppression makes it able to supress 2 conscripts squads behind green cover at 4/6 burst.
15 Mar 2016, 22:07 PM

There are other inconsistencies.
-Whenever you can target the cover itself, it's way better to do so as the AoE suppression makes inta-pinned of any squad nearby.
-6man squads receive more suppression than 5/4 man squads. Incremental suppression makes it able to supress 2 conscripts squads behind green cover at 4/6 burst.

This whole thing around AoE suppression is what makes maxim spam a viable stategy. :thumb:

AoE suppression is broken. I hope Relic fix it in next patch.
:foreveralone:
15 Mar 2016, 22:08 PM

Finally, sure OKW don't have much smoke, (exct. Puma). But like molotovs, flame nades can block los sometime.

Dude, what do you smoke? You use molotovs to block LOS.
15 Mar 2016, 22:09 PM

Whatever he's smoking, I want some of it!!!
aaa
15 Mar 2016, 22:22 PM

just make the maxim an identical profile of mg42 with 4 man squad. now everyone is happy.

ahahahah. 90% of axis players would quit the game after that. They wont whiine or whatever they would just go and drown themselves in their tiolet.
15 Mar 2016, 22:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2016, 22:22 PMaaa

ahahahah. 90% of axis players would quit the game after that. They wont whiine or whatever they would just go and drown themselves in their tiolet.

maybe, but i don't think anyone would admit it until it actually happened.
16 Mar 2016, 00:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2016, 22:07 PMDrink

This whole thing around AoE suppression is what makes maxim spam a viable stategy. :thumb:
AoE suppression is broken. I hope Relic fix it in next patch.
:foreveralone:

I concur.
+1

WTF? Molotovs now block sight?? Since when?
Do flame nades work the same as well?

Whatever he's smoking, I want some of it!!!

Not me.

Thanks
16 Mar 2016, 03:15 AM

Yep,but it don't work all the time.

Thanks
16 Mar 2016, 09:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Mar 2016, 22:22 PMaaa

maybe, but i don't think anyone would admit it until it actually happened.

Apart from being in bad taste and borderline glorifying people killing themselves (a new low for aaa, who knew he could do it?) there is the following little fact for you allied fanboys to consider:

16 Mar 2016, 10:00 AM

The problem is simply not the maxim. People tend to spam this unit because it is the only viable option for soviets infantry wise in the early game.

Engineers suck in battle, conscripts suck in general and penals suck too.
T1 is too dangerous because of the lack of AT so T2 is a must for Soviets at least 80% of the time. The maxim is better at being the unit conscripts should be than conscripts themselves.
16 Mar 2016, 10:26 AM

The problem is simply not the maxim. People tend to spam this unit because it is the only viable option for soviets infantry wise in the early game.

True or not ( i tend to go for not) you simply cannot ignore the fact that the maxim in and of itself is OP.
I am 100% sure people will still prefer going maxims even if the rest of the sov army was viable.

Why? it's microless, skillless a-move tasitc suppresion weapon which gets better when spammed, has no true hard counter and the cheapest reinforce cost ingame (at 15 mp per man, not even ostruppen beat it).

Im even tempted to invite anyone who thinks maxims are "fine" for a 1vs1, but i doubt it will help.
16 Mar 2016, 10:32 AM

I always write "ez outplayed" after game ends when I spammed maxims, just to rub salt into their wounds
16 Mar 2016, 10:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Mar 2016, 10:26 AMzarok47

True or not ( i tend to go for not) you simply cannot ignore the fact that the maxim in and of itself is OP.
I am 100% sure people will still prefer going maxims even if the rest of the sov army was viable.

Why? it's microless, skillless a-move tasitc suppresion weapon which gets better when spammed, has no true hard counter and the cheapest reinforce cost ingame (at 15 mp per man, not even ostruppen beat it).

Im even tempted to invite anyone who thinks maxims are "fine" for a 1vs1, but i doubt it will help.

The suppression is heavy if your units are inside its ark and close to the weapon, that's true. You will get instapinned in the first burst, yes. But the maxim's ark is its biggest weakness. Don't let your troops go hand in hand if you notice that the enemy follows a maxim-heavy play. While one squad is pinned, the other one can simply attack the Maxim from the side or behind. A pinned squad will receive less damage a short amount of time after it got pinned, so don't worry about that squad.

Against maxims in buildings, use mortars (mortars are very effective against the whole strategy in commono). A mortar HT is the maxim's biggest nightmare. Mortars are the maxim's hard counters you cannot deny that.
Also a maxim spam lacks capping power.
16 Mar 2016, 11:22 AM

The suppression is heavy if your units are inside its ark and close to the weapon, that's true. You will get instapinned in the first burst, yes. But the maxim's ark is its biggest weakness. Don't let your troops go hand in hand if you notice that the enemy follows a maxim-heavy play. While one squad is pinned, the other one can simply attack the Maxim from the side or behind. A pinned squad will receive less damage a short amount of time after it got pinned, so don't worry about that squad.

Against maxims in buildings, use mortars (mortars are very effective against the whole strategy in commono). A mortar HT is the maxim's biggest nightmare. Mortars are the maxim's hard counters you cannot deny that.

Biggest flaw: for every squad you have, I will have an maxim. Spread your squads, I got enough maxims to suppress them all.
Even if its a 2v2 Situation, more often than not you can suppress one squad and turn on the other to Stall till reinforcements arrive, it's even more hilarious if you got vet1 with sprint, just suppress pack up Sprint like a maniac and set up again anf write "lol dem skillZ" in chat
16 Mar 2016, 11:28 AM

Biggest flaw: for every squad you have, I will have an maxim. Spread your squads, I got enough maxims to suppress them all.
Even if its a 2v2 Situation, more often than not you can suppress one squad and turn on the other to Stall till reinforcements arrive, it's even more hilarious if you got vet1 with sprint, just suppress pack up Sprint like a maniac and set up again anf write "lol dem skillZ" in chat

Actually, you'll have about 1 more squad then maxims if we want to be specific.

Both axis factions get bonus menpower at start and building SU T2 costs more then Ost T1 in terms of mp.

Its not fun to play against, its not fun to play with it either, relic is aware though and there won't be maxim nerfs without other core units buffs, so just wait for a proper balance patch and see what happens.

I can't really see any kind of nerf other then price increase that would not destroy the weapon completely though. Maxim to 260, MG42 to 280 as it should be(sorry fanboys, it might lose to vickers in garrison slugfest, but its not worse then vickers in any way).
16 Mar 2016, 11:32 AM

While your maxims are all at one place, suppressing a part of my army, the rest of my troops will simply cap the map.
16 Mar 2016, 12:13 PM

While your maxims are all at one place, suppressing a part of my army, the rest of my troops will simply cap the map.

So you are attacking with all squads spread out and capping the map? For every squad you have i have a maxim, and yes while true kekitrof but im sure it Overlaps so there are Windows were you are at a 1 squad disadvantage but these windows are very tight. And dont forget if you kill 1 model of a gren it's 30mp advantage for you, which Sums up pretty fast while you dont bleed because 1) 15mp reinforce lulz 2) you barely lose models due the Nature of mgs anf how suppression works.
16 Mar 2016, 13:02 PM

I faced a top 100 axis 2vs2 team yesterday. The ostheer player went for double ost mortar and a sniper.
Guess what, it didn't stop me in the slightest.

And ye, as bananenheld says, i will have a maxim for every squad, flanking is impossible making the smaller arc a non-issue.
And there is the lovely fact that if you go for mortars, my maxims will outnumber your inf squads, making winning engagements that much easier.
And a maximspam certainly doesn't lack capping power, unlike say, going for mortars.

There is no hardcounter to maximspam, nor is there any significant weakness in going for it.
I can know, it got me to rank 22 in 1vs1.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★