Login

russian armor

Double maxim spam.

12 Mar 2016, 14:08 PM

AAHT as OKW and they're sweet potatoes.
12 Mar 2016, 14:10 PM

AAHT as OKW and they're sweet potatoes.

flack ht does "0" dmg to units in building and the zis gun is in the same tier as maxim.
i only got rekt one time by a flak ht as maxim spammer and that was on semoisky (many shootblockers) and against a rank #7 OKW who outplayed me anyway.
aaa
12 Mar 2016, 14:47 PM

name of this topic tells everithing. Game is balanced for 1v1. Changing units for 2v2 BS to break 1v1 balance is obnoxious idea.

maxim is utter garbage vs OH and just normal unit vs OKW.
How do you counter early sturm blobs and kubel with no maxim? There is no counter. Only supression can stop those terminators.
Maxims are countered my luchs rush. 80F diff beetw luchs and t70. 3 ATG shots to kill = impossible to kill if microed normaly
12 Mar 2016, 15:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2016, 14:47 PMaaa
name of this topic tells everithing. Game is balanced for 1v1. Changing units for 2v2 BS to break 1v1 balance is obnoxious idea.

maxim is utter garbage vs OH and just normal unit vs OKW.
How do you counter early sturm blobs and kubel with no maxim? There is no counter. Only supression can stop those terminators.
Maxims are countered my luchs rush. 80F diff beetw luchs and t70. 3 ATG shots to kill = impossible to kill if microed normaly

Game is balanced for 1v1? :brad:
12 Mar 2016, 16:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2016, 14:47 PMaaa

You're very open-minded. Since your signature lists all us team game players inherently as "idiots" you seem to be out of place in commenting on a team game thread. Let us morons converse about the gametype we enjoy which oh by the way is regularly played by more people. (And not just because it takes more people, like there are regularly more 2v2 games played than 1v1s so...)

Sick and tired of this crap: "1v1s are the only thing that matter, there the only ones that are competitive"
I bought this game to play it with a friend, and a lot of people are in the same boat. But playing with friends must also be idiotic since that means I have to play something besides 1v1. By the way, it looks like all you play is soviet 1v1 so just leave this thread alltogether.
12 Mar 2016, 16:26 PM

You're very open-minded. Since your signature lists all us team game players inherently as "idiots" you seem to be out of place in commenting on a team game thread. Let us morons converse about the gametype we enjoy which oh by the way is regularly played by more people. (And not just because it takes more people, like there are regularly more 2v2 games played than 1v1s so...)

Sick and tired of this crap: "1v1s are the only thing that matter, there the only ones that are competitive"
I bought this game to play it with a friend, and a lot of people are in the same boat. But playing with friends must also be idiotic since that means I have to play something besides 1v1. By the way, it looks like all you play is soviet 1v1 so just leave this thread alltogether.

Don't worry about it. That aaa guy is the resident autist. You can pretty much ignore everything he says because he just spews autism. It's not even worth reading.
12 Mar 2016, 16:46 PM

Don't worry about it. That aaa guy is the resident autist. You can pretty much ignore everything he says because he just spews autism. It's not even worth reading.

Comparing aaa to autist is an insult to autist.

Ontopic:
Maxim deserves a nerf, spamming them makes winning beyond easy in every gamemode.

And to those people claiming stuff like: "there is only maximspam cuz the rest of sov strats suck" i can only say this: There exists no reason to keep something OP.
12 Mar 2016, 16:52 PM

Many houses? go for the flame HT.

Many open ground? go for the scout car.

If the enemy has combined arms then it means it wasnt too maxim spam and you should get mortars instead, smoke barrage always you can, and attack ground with any flame weapons you have on houses, on open ground just go for the grenade and flank, lightining war doctrine works well agains it on the open ground since you can use more offensive your grenadiers with g43 and tactical movement its just awesome to flank them.
aaa
12 Mar 2016, 16:53 PM

Sick and tired of this crap: "1v1s are the only thing that matter,

remember at least 2 strategists saing that. Maybe even quiting relic. Team games are not real to balance withot breaking 1v1.
IMO 2v2 is such a absurd that i cant see what to like there.
12 Mar 2016, 17:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2016, 16:53 PMaaa

IMO 2v2 is such a absurd that i cant see what to like there.

Well seeing as you've never played with an arranged team, I can see why you might think that. It's slightly more fun to play 2v2s with one of your buddies than with random people you've never met. Funny how that works.
12 Mar 2016, 17:43 PM

Enough is enough.
Something has to be done with maxim spam.
Yesterday I had few games agasint double soviets with double maxim spam strat.
It's so so retared. Even triple leigs and stuka can't stop them. It's like 10 maxim. Suppression everywhere, no chance to flank, cannot move anywhere.

Im aware of the fact that maxim spam is viable strategy because it works better than Penals, Cons, anything else, so nefring maxim won't solve issue. It must come along with buffing other infantry or even a tech tree.

I have few things on my mind:
small buff for Penals in terms of rec. acc.
M42 as a non-doc at gun in T1 or HQ and unlock once T1 (give KV2 to defensive doctrine)
Lower maxim crew to 4 or keep 6 but nerf suppression.
Remove sprint ability (this is fucking retarted when you play agasint double maxim spam)
Give cons some non doc upgrades.

Anything... It has to be fixed. Currently it's so retared.

Big +1.

1) It puts an excessively heavy micro cost on the axis player but costs very little micro to perform.

2) It makes vetting up and getting CP very hard.

3) Your units lose a ton of time retreating to base.

4) It's boring. It's so boring. It reduces the game to indirect fire vs support. I want to play a fun game with movement, strategy. Not just angry birds.

----------

I think MGs should not be able to cap territory.
They should not have fast set-up/breakdown + sprint. This just invalidates flanking.
They should not have 6-men squads, so that a sniper would be an effective counter.

Anyone seen a few casts of maxim spam? Can anyone say they enjoyed watching it? It's just slow and boring.

Give the Soviets something else that's good but that promotes dynamic play. Anything but this a-move, boring bs.
12 Mar 2016, 18:56 PM

Maxims aren't so popular because Cons are bad. Maxims are popular because they're absolutely bananas good. If you would buff cons now without changing maxims people would just have better support infantry for their mainline mgs.
12 Mar 2016, 19:23 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

when will you people learn that you don't fix spam by nerfing the unit in question. You buff the counters to said unit or buff the faction of said unit to pick up the slack.

If something in a faction is "overperforming" then something else in the faction is under performing.

Nerfing maxims will just punish people who use them nornally (i.e not spamming)

GrW 34s used to handle Maxim spam fine, but it was definitely pretty overpowered. It probably is the Maxim in this case.
12 Mar 2016, 19:37 PM

Good thing is, devs are pretty aware that nerfing maxim without buffing other stock infantry will make soviet inf play impossible to compete.
12 Mar 2016, 19:55 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2016, 18:56 PMDomine
Maxims aren't so popular because Cons are bad. Maxims are popular because they're absolutely bananas good. If you would buff cons now without changing maxims people would just have better support infantry for their mainline mgs.

well once upon a time, there was a 4-5 cons opening really good....( good old times :foreveralone: )
But I agree that maxim spam is annoying to play against, especially double soviet and double maxim spam.
I do the same, when I play soviets and its very boring to play after a while.
12 Mar 2016, 20:03 PM

well once upon a time, there was a 4-5 cons opening really good....( good old times :foreveralone: )

And then ost and OKW were shot from heave bolter loaded with early game buffs belt, which make any kind of con opening a suicide. There used to be a time where cons could beat anything else then ambushed grens :foreveralone:
12 Mar 2016, 21:17 PM

So how am I supposed to counter this spam as okw? Since maxi is in the same building as AT gun and one cons squad can AT nade the luchs, luchs is really not the choice. Maxi spam does not even allow me to get a good fuel income..they guard it with bloody maxis. 100 fuel stuka comes out too late and by that time they will already have enough fuel to get atleast one good tank (if they have any kappa). LEIG is good but 330 for that means less infantry and they get flanked easily since okw do not have mgs to guard flank. Guide me MR. perfect.
aaa
12 Mar 2016, 21:38 PM

how to hard countyer maxims opening? Infantry micro is enough. Followed by luchs rush to nail the coffin.

Here is fast (basicaluy 5 min) win vs double maxim opening.
12 Mar 2016, 21:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2016, 21:38 PMaaa

how to hard countyer maxims opening? Infantry micro is enough. Followed by luchs rush to nail the coffin.

Here is fast (basicaluy 5 min) win vs double maxim opening.

Dude, this thread is about 2v2 so you have my blessing and you can safely go and fulfill you destiny somehwere else.
aaa
12 Mar 2016, 21:56 PM

Looks good if you type its about 2v2 in the caption. Otherwise its close to absurd. But relic dont care abou 2v2 as well as custom games of any kind as was stated previously.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 16
United States 6
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak