Login

russian armor

I bow my head before you relic! A job well done

11 Mar 2016, 07:33 AM

I hope a relic employe gets to see this before it gets flooded of the boards with other posts demanding more attention.

With all the complaining beeing done and a lot of it rightfuly so, with ever new bugs coming out, some of which you truly scratch your head and wonder whether even a single test game has been made before releasing a patch, I wanted to tell you my imense gratitude for 1 thing I am extremly pleased with.

The new matchmaking system

I have played about 20 games or so since you last patched it. And I must congratulate you for an immensly satisfactory change. I played on my own as rank 1-3 okw 2v2 random and I might have had to wait for 15 minutes for it to find a suitable game which ofc hurts me as I often only have an hour to play at a time but I am faced with and against fair odds.

The same with my 2v2 at team with my rl buddy arround rank 150 to 100, search times are much shorter and the games very enjoyable.

A few examples
Alone I had anything ranging from
R2, R1 vs R10, R20 to R1, R200 vs R40, R70

With my mate it was even better. Not a single game was mire than 50 ranks apart.

This is a huge change in my eyes as it avoids 2 immensly important issues for this game. 1 is the loss of new players due to them beeing matched up vs experienced ones, (the 10 placement games still can be harsh, they should realy add a popup when you are in the placement games to inform you about this) and the frustration coming from beeing overrun in 10 minutes. The second is the loss of veteran players who after a streak of beeing matched up in unfair games (i once had myself as rank 3 with a rank 1200 vs AT team 11, i went to rank 15..., meaning approx 5-15 wins needed to compensate for that) loose too much of their rank and just quit.

I bow my head to you Relic on this one.

Ps: I would personaly love to know the exact mechanism if possible. Is it percentage based or simple your rank +-a number. Does it still widen the search with time? If so, is there a limit to the widening or am I still advised to restart the search if no opponent has been fpud after quite a while to avoid beeing matched in one of those ludicrus games again.

Thanks a lot
11 Mar 2016, 07:37 AM

finally something positive on these forums
11 Mar 2016, 07:48 AM

+1 I thought this was going to be a sarcastic "GJ Relic" thread title but I agree. I also like the new matchmatching and overall balance feels pretty good since the vet fix. People give Relic a lot of crap but they do a lot of good things that get taken for granted.
11 Mar 2016, 09:53 AM

Hmm, ok. I did wonder why all of a sudden I was paired with two teammates that were Allied blobbers. But at least they could use their calliopes and other arty. In fact, come to think of it, they played thoughtfully and so did the enemy team. They actually responded to pings, which is a first.

Never once, for example, did I have to scream that they are F'in kunts (a phrase which both communicates how idiotic they are AND bypasses the swearing filter).

So well done Relic, you spared those assholes a tongue lashing. Keep it up. And may God have mercy on your soul for all the trauma your matchmaking system has given your players over the years.
11 Mar 2016, 10:13 AM

finally something positive on these forums

How dare he disturb the production of salt?
11 Mar 2016, 10:26 AM

Sorry but if I ask a guy to switch my tires and he switches only 2 of them, leaving 2 completly wasted I cant say Im fine with this.
Or if he switches all 4 but breaks down somehow my AC.
11 Mar 2016, 10:41 AM

relic does good job with coh2 for me its best game ever made and its awesome and unique in ww2 rts setting.
i hope they bring more content and commander for the game and maybe a vietnam addon would be epic.
11 Mar 2016, 11:16 AM

How dare he disturb the production of salt?

I have to +1 this.
Salt2.org
11 Mar 2016, 12:29 PM

Anyone had the search drop out and not find a game? Had 5 out of 7 searches just drop out after a long period of time. I don't mind waiting for a good match up but unfortunately I haven't gotten them. I tend to play larger game modes after patches to get a feel for the changes and I know prestige doesn't mean much but when I'm the only 300 in a game of sub 80's somethings gone wrong.
11 Mar 2016, 12:29 PM

Anyone had the search drop out and not find a game? Had 5 out of 7 searches just drop out after a long period of time. I don't mind waiting for a good match up but unfortunately I haven't gotten them. I tend to play larger game modes after patches to get a feel for the changes and I know prestige doesn't mean much but when I'm the only 300 in a game of sub 80's somethings gone wrong.
11 Mar 2016, 19:18 PM

I have to +1 this.
Salt2.org

God I realy love some of the comunity members :D
11 Mar 2016, 19:27 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

+1 I thought this was going to be a sarcastic "GJ Relic" thread title

Ditto.
11 Mar 2016, 19:46 PM
Donator 11

Yep, good we still have some positive people here. +1 to you OP. The toxicity of this place has been reduced a hundred times thanks to your thread. Thank you. :)
11 Mar 2016, 20:00 PM

11 Mar 2016, 20:10 PM

+1, mm improved
11 Mar 2016, 20:41 PM
11 Mar 2016, 20:56 PM

Thanks Relics !
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L