Login

russian armor

"Real" Vet 3 Bar blobs are ridiculously over-performing now

10 Mar 2016, 00:08 AM
Donator 11

Can somebody close all such threads and just let us play and see how it goes? Not to mention that the game might be terribly bugged again.
10 Mar 2016, 00:09 AM

Wish you could "ignore" people on the forums so I could not see their posts.
10 Mar 2016, 00:11 AM

no need to put your fingers in your ears. But come on, penilerat. You just don't ever stop trolling do you?
10 Mar 2016, 00:14 AM

Common guys , if the game is not fun that won't be good for anyone.

Since allies HMG weren't able stop any blobs before the patch... after it it will we just worst...

Hmgs to be useful in real life, need to be place in elevated places or buildings to increase their sights. This is not enough reflected in COH2 and it's the root of the problem.

Just hoping the game won't just become a WWII Starcraft... not for me.

Thanks anyway.
10 Mar 2016, 00:17 AM

Wait a week if you need get panzerfusilier thety got more than 60% accuracy trough vet
10 Mar 2016, 00:21 AM

Calm down boys, keep it friendly.

Updated the original post. Back on topic, which was coming up with ideas on how to tweak RM.
10 Mar 2016, 00:23 AM

Vetted panzerfusiliers seems to demolish vetted rifles on open ground, if anything i am scared of OKW this patch.
10 Mar 2016, 00:25 AM

So real men have hit the field. Only truly courageous and experienced are testing their bravery, and guess who are the toughest ones?

This is a topic solely dedicated to RM and bars/M1919, not just a general point of view about the vet fix. There are already multiple threads about that.

We have to take a look at their vet bonuses first;

- alliesalliesalliesalliesAt vet 2 their already high ROF is further increased, turning them into a highly potent flanking unit. -%23 received accuracy means they are much harder to hit. Keep in mind that these powerful dudes are already a 5-Man unit. So far nothing too alarming.

- alliesalliesalliesalliesalliesalliesNow that's when things turn into a messy balance issue, their received accuracy is reduced even further and their garands and anything that they pick up is %30 more accurate. They are indeed an elite inf unit at this point, and one of the best ones at that. Baseline inf shouldn't have such a powerful staying power, the problem many players were complaining about was the fact that they dropped like flies late game, causing heavy MP bleed and actually being useless.

Suggested Vet 3 adjustments;

Reduce their non-vet stock received accuracy and completely remove the -%20 received accuracy bonus at vet3; In my opinion it would be the best tweak. They are meant to shine early game, excelling at mid and close range. Their big target size is in contradiction with their role and actualy they suffer from MP-Bleed early game unless blobbed.

Completely remove the -%20 received accuracy bonus and instead reduce their reinforcement cost; Many folks suggested a reduced reinforce cost once they hit vet 3. I think that's the best idea regarding this "vet 3 terminator blobs" issue. The original MP bleed issue will be resolved but their invincibility is toned down.

Or alternatively

No double LMGs 2x bars is ridiculous. They render any and all kind of axis Close-range/midrange units useless and a single one is quite potent as well. And once at vet 3 they enter the invincible mode. And we won't be speaking about 2xM1919 as I am sure everyone has been molested by that at one point in his life at least.

Welcome to CoH1 MingLee
10 Mar 2016, 00:25 AM

The hardest thing as axis is actually vetting up some of your units now. The MP-Bleed is too strong atm.
10 Mar 2016, 00:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2016, 00:23 AMJadame!
Vetted panzerfusiliers seems to demolish vetted rifles on open ground, if anything i am scared of OKW this patch.

This was my fear.

Anyone tested penals out? I'm at work but would love to know if the Vet bonuses are making them worth there price.
10 Mar 2016, 01:02 AM

Double BAR Pathfinders screened by BAR Rifles is insane
10 Mar 2016, 01:08 AM
Donator 33

Can you "tweak" your post to talk about the vet 5 volks blobs? Even with an edit this thread is silly, Vet applies to all units that are blobbed so simple fact that volks didn't get a mention is bit touchy.

10 Mar 2016, 02:36 AM

LOL, what happens when a Vet 3 BAR Rifleman squad takes on a Vet 5 STG44 Obers squad?

Let me tell you, the rifles would last about 3 seconds and Obers will take no losses.
10 Mar 2016, 02:45 AM

You had this topic ready for posting before the patch beign released?

hahaha this so much!

also, its been a long time, where have you been? :D
10 Mar 2016, 02:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2016, 00:23 AMJadame!

Good.
Good.

Let the fear flow through you.
10 Mar 2016, 03:08 AM

How the hell can you make this thread calling Vet 3 Bar blobs "ridiculously over-performing" before we even had a chance to witness them perform with this hotfix?

This thread should be locked. These sort of reactionary, knee-jerk threads contribute nothing to the community and hurt constructive discussion about the state of balance in COH2.
10 Mar 2016, 03:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2016, 03:08 AMLuGer33
How the hell can you make this thread calling Vet 3 Bar blobs "ridiculously over-performing" before we even had a chance to witness them perform with this hotfix?

This thread should be locked. These sort of reactionary, knee-jerk threads contribute nothing to the community and hurt constructive discussion about the state of balance in COH2.
10 Mar 2016, 04:03 AM

On a side note that is of far more use then this thread. Penals are useful! The stacking accuracy vets now make them a well rounded scaling unit.
Vaz
10 Mar 2016, 06:13 AM

I've played quite a few games today. Maybe 10. My vet rifles did not run over axis troops. There were some times I had 3 squads vs 1 gren squad and the gren lost. We should all expect that to happen though.
10 Mar 2016, 06:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2016, 00:05 AMKatitof

Maybe he just convinced himself that relic removed all vet from all axis infantry?

And how do you expect axis infantry to get vet with all those vet 3 rifles running around from the word go?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★