Login

russian armor

"Real" Vet 3 Bar blobs are ridiculously over-performing now

9 Mar 2016, 23:25 PM

So real men have hit the field. Only truly courageous and experienced are testing their bravery, and guess who are the toughest ones?

This is a topic solely dedicated to RM and bars/M1919, not just a general point of view about the vet fix. There are already multiple threads about that.

We have to take a look at their vet bonuses first;

- alliesalliesalliesalliesAt vet 2 their already high ROF is further increased, turning them into a highly potent flanking unit. -%23 received accuracy means they are much harder to hit. Keep in mind that these powerful dudes are already a 5-Man unit. So far nothing too alarming.

- alliesalliesalliesalliesalliesalliesNow that's when things turn into a messy balance issue, their received accuracy is reduced even further and their garands and anything that they pick up is %30 more accurate. They are indeed an elite inf unit at this point, and one of the best ones at that. Baseline inf shouldn't have such a powerful staying power, the problem many players were complaining about was the fact that they dropped like flies late game, causing heavy MP bleed and actually being useless.

Suggested Vet 3 adjustments;

Reduce their non-vet stock received accuracy and completely remove the -%20 received accuracy bonus at vet3; In my opinion it would be the best tweak. They are meant to shine early game, excelling at mid and close range. Their big target size is in contradiction with their role and actualy they suffer from MP-Bleed early game unless blobbed.

Completely remove the -%20 received accuracy bonus and instead reduce their reinforcement cost; Many folks suggested a reduced reinforce cost once they hit vet 3. I think that's the best idea regarding this "vet 3 terminator blobs" issue. The original MP bleed issue will be resolved but their invincibility is toned down.

Or alternatively

No double LMGs 2x bars is ridiculous. They render any and all kind of axis Close-range/midrange units useless and a single one is quite potent as well. And once at vet 3 they enter the invincible mode. And we won't be speaking about 2xM1919 as I am sure everyone has been molested by that at one point in his life at least.
9 Mar 2016, 23:30 PM

just wait and see what the patch is like, give it a few days and btw axis infantry should also be more potent. The received accuracy changes are too much of a nerf i think, but i agree with the lmg changes
9 Mar 2016, 23:31 PM

Panzergrenadiers beat 2x BAR riflemen at mid range and under. Pumping heaps of munitions into riflemen is kinda how USF scales since they lack elite infantry.
9 Mar 2016, 23:37 PM
Patrion 15

9 Mar 2016, 23:38 PM

just wait and see what the patch is like, give it a few days and btw axis infantry should also be more potent. The received accuracy changes are too much of a nerf i think, but i agree with the lmg changes

Panzergrenadiers beat 2x BAR riflemen at mid range and under. Pumping heaps of munitions into riflemen is kinda how USF scales since they lack elite infantry.

+1 on Both. Wait a week at least before you make rageposts

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Mar 2016, 23:37 PMruzen
Here we go.

Lol same reaction

9 Mar 2016, 23:40 PM

@ Aero; I somewhat agree but keep in mind that USF has a wide variety of AI vehicles and the pack howie. Elite inf is not an emergency necessity, especially not what we have now. But RM did lose their point past mid game.

However, -%20 RA is not the best solution IMO.
9 Mar 2016, 23:41 PM

You had this topic ready for posting before the patch beign released?
9 Mar 2016, 23:42 PM

remove the riflemen's terminator veterancy, and nerf the +40% accuracy bonus on the grenadier.

9 Mar 2016, 23:44 PM

How about playing game instead posting your theories on forums?
9 Mar 2016, 23:45 PM

There is no way you had time to play even one game since patch and write this in the time you did. Meaning you had already wrote this before the patch was probably even out. Why would anyone even take you seriously?
9 Mar 2016, 23:46 PM

Personal experience combined with common sense, Jadame.

Oega, remove your bias goggles and then you could at least read through the post. IO also suggest you to play as OKW and gain a less biased perspective.
9 Mar 2016, 23:47 PM

Buff LMG slightly to fit its 70 muni cost and they should be fine with one.
9 Mar 2016, 23:47 PM

You had this topic ready for posting before the patch beign released?

This. Horrible thread. I wouldnt mind a ban.
9 Mar 2016, 23:51 PM

@ Aero; I somewhat agree but keep in mind that USF has a wide variety of AI vehicles and the pack howie. Elite inf is not an emergency necessity, especially not what we have now. But RM did lose their point past mid game.

However, -%20 RA is not the best solution IMO.

I think we have to wait and see a bit how the new meta will evolve. Perhaps changes are indeed needed, and your suggested reinforcement cost buff may be a nice solution if the received accuracy turns out to be too much.

I don't think the removal of the double weapon upgrade is a good idea; the weapons are balanced for price with the double equipment option already taken into consideration. A M1919 LMG for example is priced at 70 ammo despite being worse than a LMG42. BARs are likewise priced quite high for what you get compared to other weapon upgrades such as G43s, PPSH, thompsons etc. It would require extra balance adjustments and might cause some issues with weaponslots and weapon racks.
9 Mar 2016, 23:52 PM

My feeling is that the game will need some re-balance as Axis seem to be «enjoying» the patch more than the Allies, especially OKW 5 stars shreck blobs...

We will see,i still need to play and watch more matches to validate that.
9 Mar 2016, 23:57 PM

Let the "allies op" knee jerking begin anew while at the same time, lets pretend we don't remember/know WHY rifled ended up with vet like that in the first place.
Vaz
10 Mar 2016, 00:02 AM

Is this comparing vet 3 riflemen to fresh axis squads? Considering a vet3 rifle squad has reached it's maximum level, they should be compared to vet3 WM troops and vet5 OKW troops. Everyone gets good bonuses.
10 Mar 2016, 00:03 AM

My feeling is that the game will need some re-balance as Axis seem to be «enjoying» the patch more than the Allies, especially OKW 5 stars shreck blobs...

We will see,i still need to play and watch more matches to validate that.

Suck it up buttercup.
OKW were always meant to be fiercer with their 5 vets. They suffered through 2 nerfs, with the vet bug being the major one.

Just spam maxims like everyone else does.
10 Mar 2016, 00:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2016, 00:02 AMVaz
Is this comparing vet 3 riflemen to fresh axis squads? Considering a vet3 rifle squad has reached it's maximum level, they should be compared to vet3 WM troops and vet5 OKW troops. Everyone gets good bonuses.

Maybe he just convinced himself that relic removed all vet from all axis infantry?
10 Mar 2016, 00:06 AM
Patrion 14

Come on OP, compare those bonuses to OKW infantry and you'll notice a clear difference.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 23
Germany 550

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment