Login

russian armor

AEC shitty AF once again

7 Mar 2016, 16:12 PM

So I've been using AEC since they added Brits into the game and I can tell it used to be so shitty tak it was almost unusable. Then they buffed it and it looked like a pretty good counter against Luchs, since it could take it out easily and it could also deal with infantry. But it got nerfed in the latest patch that added the Advanced emplacement regiment. So I tried to use it and I can tell that it is almost as shitty as before the buff and all you need to take it out is 1 volk squad with panzershreck. And since it Piats are useless against fast tanks such as Luchs and ATs are useless as well(unless having some serious support) since Luchs can easily flank them on most maps, the AEC is probably the best option to counter the Luchs, but it is really not effective against infantry unlike the Luchs, and that means the AEC is mostly but a waste of 60 fuel now. I personally would bring back its previous main gun profile, which was effective against infantry, but I would remove its mg buff and nerf its range, so it wouldn't snipe off volks or panzergrenadiers from afar and I would nerf its rate of fire by a little bit. I would also nerf its penetration, so it wouldn't be so effective against Pz 4 or Stug. Like that, it still would be good, but not OP. But at this moment, the AEC is a very crappy thing.
7 Mar 2016, 16:20 PM

Not really.

I wish T34/76 got similar MG treatment.
7 Mar 2016, 17:19 PM

So I've been using AEC since they added Brits into the game and I can tell it used to be so shitty tak it was almost unusable. Then they buffed it and it looked like a pretty good counter against Luchs, since it could take it out easily and it could also deal with infantry. But it got nerfed in the latest patch that added the Advanced emplacement regiment. So I tried to use it and I can tell that it is almost as shitty as before the buff and all you need to take it out is 1 volk squad with panzershreck. And since it Piats are useless against fast tanks such as Luchs and ATs are useless as well(unless having some serious support) since Luchs can easily flank them on most maps, the AEC is probably the best option to counter the Luchs, but it is really not effective against infantry unlike the Luchs, and that means the AEC is mostly but a waste of 60 fuel now. I personally would bring back its previous main gun profile, which was effective against infantry, but I would remove its mg buff and nerf its range, so it wouldn't snipe off volks or panzergrenadiers from afar and I would nerf its rate of fire by a little bit. I would also nerf its penetration, so it wouldn't be so effective against Pz 4 or Stug. Like that, it still would be good, but not OP. But at this moment, the AEC is a very crappy thing.

You're right that at release it was not good.

Now though, it still does good damage with its MG to inf. And it can handle a Luchs (Luchs can't penetrate it at all). It can even help take out medium tanks like the PIV and Ostwind. To my mind that makes it the best light tank in terms of scaling.

The only thing is it farrrr less often one-shots or two-shots squads. It was too strong before.
7 Mar 2016, 17:29 PM

Im an exclusive UKF player and I really like where its at. It is really effective against light armors and useful against infantry. It wont one shot them anymore but it preforms its role well.
7 Mar 2016, 17:33 PM

aec good, better lower the cromwell fuel cost, its too damn hig:Sh !!!
7 Mar 2016, 17:35 PM

aec good, better lower the cromwell fuel cost, its too damn high !!!:S

Bro is the best tank and you want to buff it ?
7 Mar 2016, 17:37 PM

Bro is the best tank and you want to buff it ?

You wrong mate .-_- light armor and weak cannon
7 Mar 2016, 17:38 PM

You wrong mate .-_-

Dude crush inf and cost less tan p4
7 Mar 2016, 17:40 PM

Dude crush inf and cost less tan p4

so you woudl go cromwell agaisnt germans ??? p4 destroys you after it gets out like few min later thn cromwell
7 Mar 2016, 17:42 PM

so you woudl go cromwell agaisnt germans ??? p4 destroys you after it gets out like few min later thn cromwell

........ Dude how many time did you play or watch any replay ost vs Brit?

http://stat.coh2.hu/squad.php?filename=panzer_iv_squad_mp

http://stat.coh2.hu/squad.php?filename=cromwell_mk4_75mm_squad_mp
7 Mar 2016, 17:44 PM

Its in a good place now. Its role is a light tank hunter that can threaten mediums and it does that just fine. It's buffed MG also means that it can threaten infantry and weapon teams. I believe Brad said its close to a Gren LMG42 in damage. You can't expect it to be a T70 on steroids that can do everything - its too much.

It should be able to handle a lone shreked Volks just fine - just push them around so they can't fire shrek. At point blank the MG makes short work of them with the buff.
7 Mar 2016, 17:45 PM

........ Dude how many time did you play or watch any replay ost vs Brit?

why should that have any importance here ?
7 Mar 2016, 17:46 PM

why should that have any importance here ?

I put stats on precedent post
7 Mar 2016, 18:07 PM
Donator 11

AEC main gun needs to accuracy adjustments, cant hit a halftrack in front of it.

Keeps its AI on its co-axle but for god sake make it at least do its AT job
7 Mar 2016, 18:13 PM

I haven't built a single one since they went up to 70 fuel... 60 would be stretching it, now way a nerfed Puma is worth the same fuel cost.
7 Mar 2016, 18:22 PM

I see nothing wrong with the AEC.

The old AOE profile led to a lot of unpredictable lucky squadwipes which was way to much for such an early unit. Now it is still good against enemy light vehicles and will do more consistent damage against infantry. No reason to make it OP again.
7 Mar 2016, 19:00 PM

People just hating the unit when it was too powerful and it's little weaker from what they remember. Not understanding that 2 shots = squad wipe = OP
7 Mar 2016, 20:14 PM

AEC is an armored car, not a tank. Tanks have treads.
7 Mar 2016, 20:29 PM

You wrong mate .-_- light armor and weak cannon

Cromwells are superb, just look up the stats before making a claim.

As to AEC, its good where it is. Its is reliable enough versus light vehicles, the MG chews through infantry at shorter ranges and its decently armored. Its only real problem is that it can't support that well versus the cancershrek blob, but that's an issue with shreks.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS