Login

russian armor

Vet Bug Fix Aftermath.

5 Mar 2016, 02:37 AM

So as per the relic blog: http://www.companyofheroes.com/blog/2016/03/04/the-vetreinforce-bug

This bug has been in the game since release

I wonder how much this is going to change the flow of late game now units will have correct vet modifiers. OKW lel days to return? USF terminator rifles x100?
5 Mar 2016, 02:41 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

So...accuracy bonuses for reinforcements have never actually existed? But the received accuracy bonuses definitely have, which if of course why the terms "Terminator" and "Rifles" are a couple these days.

If that's the case, Penals might end up entirely fine afterward.
5 Mar 2016, 03:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Mar 2016, 02:41 AMVuther
But the received accuracy bonuses definitely have

According to Relic, neither the accuracy or rec accuracy was working.
5 Mar 2016, 03:34 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Well, fix is coming March 9th and they seem to know what the problem is so all is good!
5 Mar 2016, 03:37 AM

Received accuracity bonuses worked before 26 february hotfix :facepalm:

No wonder that conscripts' -40% rec acc helped more than -23% rec acc of penal batallion :(
And greandiers with -23% rec acc always were superior to both cons and penals thanks to lmg42.

And now rec acc bonuses have gone, so lmg42 gives to greandiers even MORE advantage.
Thats why maxim spam is the only way now :guyokay:

So having good vet0 troops and bad vet bonuses(like shocks) is better than having bad vet0 troops and good vet bonuses(like penals).

I think its clear now why it feels that axis OP (or very forgiving at least) :hansGG:
5 Mar 2016, 03:50 AM

To be fair, cuddletronic said that it may have just happened around when they were fixing some veterancy stacking issues from a few patches ago.
5 Mar 2016, 04:04 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

The latter was definitely working up until this point. Vet 3 Rifle toughness was certainly not a placebo.

To be fair, cuddletronic said that it may have just happened around when they were fixing some veterancy stacking issues from a few patches ago.

Yeah, that's what I thought too, but if they say it's more than that and they're bothering with messing around with the entire engine, it's probably more than that. The question's more in what the bug has historically affected.
5 Mar 2016, 05:42 AM

I think we will learn to play a new game, and for me it's so exciting

But inb4 whine of vet 3 rifle, penals could shine, and i'm so hyped to try new guards rifle :snfPeter:
5 Mar 2016, 05:49 AM
Patrion 15

btw Its not there since release. Dev responded that Its been there since 4-5 months back with a patch changes. Aperently there is miscomunucation with Kyle.
5 Mar 2016, 05:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Mar 2016, 05:49 AMruzen
btw Its not there since release.

When the last time penals(vet3 +60% acc) were useful?
I'm asking because they're actually very good: they can walk throught negative cover to lmg grens(vet3 too) and win a fight with 2-3 models remaining.
5 Mar 2016, 10:25 AM

Don't panic yet and keep calm.
5 Mar 2016, 17:41 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Wonder how weapon teams will turn out after the fix. If infantry weapon vet's never been working quite right, weapon teams will be dying to bullets way faster when it does.
5 Mar 2016, 20:34 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

If relic is updating the engine because of this bug, they should update the engine further for better optimization aswell. Couldn't hurt...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★