Login

russian armor

Relic, OKW Needs the resource penalty back!

4 Mar 2016, 19:13 PM

unless your level 10 in a faction i dont think your opinion gonna make much sense with pros around here.. usually fine with me.
4 Mar 2016, 19:16 PM

Can we get off the topic of me being level 5 in a faction, because I only play about twice a week on auto-match, and instead go back on topic?
4 Mar 2016, 19:23 PM

PITZ was sarcastic and I was only messing with you regarding your rank, as it was all a guess.

YOur topic however is a dead horse and has been answered multiple times. Furthermore, OKW's level 4-5 veterancy bonuses has been hit hard with the nerf hammer. STOP IT ALREADY.
4 Mar 2016, 19:26 PM

Shrek blob quick vet 5 should be adressed, i have no idea how, leaving this to relic.
4 Mar 2016, 19:30 PM

PITZ was sarcastic and I was only messing with you regarding your rank, as it was all a guess.

YOur topic however is a dead horse and has been answered multiple times. Furthermore, OKW's level 4-5 veterancy bonuses has been hit hard with the nerf hammer. STOP IT ALREADY.

Undoing the nerf-hammer, and reverting the vet bonus's, in my opinion, would probably bring "OPKW" (<===seriously wtf) back to being a balanced, AND limited faction. From my view, which is probably irreverent to people, it's a good balance choice. Of coarse, we'll never know until the actual patch comes out. I'd just hope that this would reduce the likelihood of complaints.
4 Mar 2016, 19:33 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

It's more simple to just inflate the prices of their vehicles and abilities instead. Changing the resource income rate for one faction adds unnecessary complexity to the game, and does funny things with mechanics like fuel supply drops and things.
4 Mar 2016, 19:35 PM

I somewhat agree with the fact that OKW does not feel elite anymore and there is no stress rgarding unit perservation.

If the resource penalty is going to be back then their vet bonuses need major buffs, starting from vet1 and up to vet5.
4 Mar 2016, 19:37 PM

Undoing the nerf-hammer, and reverting the vet bonus's, in my opinion, would probably bring "OPKW" (<===seriously wtf) back to being a balanced, AND limited faction. From my view, which is probably irreverent to people, it's a good balance choice. Of coarse, we'll never know until the actual patch comes out. I'd just hope that this would reduce the likelihood of complaints.

Why are you so much worried about complaints? That's what people do. Kids will complain about Hw, office guy about his workload, someone in relationship will complain about lack of time or gifts, pirates will complain about anti privacy software, gaming companies will complain about pirates, and the list goes on. :P
4 Mar 2016, 19:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2016, 19:33 PMTobis
It's more simple to just inflate the prices of their vehicles and abilities instead.
Which has been done already. A panther costs as much as an IS2. The AAHT is almost twice more expensive than the M5AA. The PIV is more expensive than the Ez8 yet it is much worse. etc
4 Mar 2016, 19:39 PM

The problem is the early game. (snowballing effect).

OKW being too strong in the starting phase give them an advantage that's snowballed into the middle than into final phase.

Thanks
4 Mar 2016, 19:40 PM

It's more simple to just inflate the prices of their vehicles and abilities instead. Changing the resource income rate for one faction adds unnecessary complexity to the game, and does funny things with mechanics like fuel supply drops and things.

OKW is already paying 310 fuel for a king tiger, 200 for a panther, 100 for a stuka and 65 for a luchs. If that ain't high then I don't know....
4 Mar 2016, 19:42 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Read: Endless arguments about the actual cost of their options vs. other factions options. :D
4 Mar 2016, 19:43 PM

The problem is the early game. (snowballing effect).

OKW being too strong in the starting phase give them an advantage that's snowballed into the middle than into final phase.

Thanks

Rifleman can beat volks, IS can beat volks. Sturms are paper thin and pretty useless late game. Obers are late game unit. If you are getting countered by okw because you invested heavily in support units then it ain't game's fault.
4 Mar 2016, 19:44 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Which has been done already. A panther costs as much as an IS2. The AAHT is almost twice more expensive than the M5AA. The PIV is more expensive than the Ez8 yet it is much worse. etc

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2016, 19:40 PMClick

OKW is already paying 310 fuel for a king tiger, 200 for a panther, 100 for a stuka and 65 for a luchs. If that ain't high then I don't know....

I know, I wasn't suggesting to make it higher.

The OP was asking for a return to resource penalty, which I think this way is better with the inflated prices doing the same thing.

However, some of their abilities are incredibly underpriced, as they only inflated the cost of some vehicles fuel. Muni abilities need to be inflated too.
4 Mar 2016, 19:55 PM
Donator 22

no
4 Mar 2016, 20:15 PM

Would be nice for the supposed 'manpower starved late 1944' faction to actually have issues with manpower.

But then again you could argue that the SU should have some sort of manpower bonus :D

They should keep their resources, but have their vet adjusted. The vet is still working for tanks/light tanks and support weapons, that means only fix for it's infantry.
4 Mar 2016, 21:09 PM

They should keep their resources, but have their vet adjusted. The vet is still working for tanks/light tanks and support weapons, that means only fix for it's infantry.

But the 5 levels of vet is one of the things that makes OKW unique and CoH2 needs to keep its differentiable factions if its going to remain fun to play.

Vet levels may have to be looked at once the vet system is fixed, but that's an issue for all factions.
4 Mar 2016, 21:18 PM

giving them resource penalty is not going to fix their biggest problem, the schreck blob.
4 Mar 2016, 21:49 PM

giving them resource penalty is not going to fix their biggest problem, the schreck blob.

It can't directly fix it, but it would greatly restrict it.
4 Mar 2016, 21:52 PM

Its lovely how relic removes features from the game for the sake of balance...yet achieved nothing.
:hansREKT::hansGG:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS