Login

russian armor

British's Advanced Emplacement Regiment: Counter Battery

7 Mar 2016, 00:36 AM

People saying re-alocate are clueless.

So u need to have 60 apm to try to counter a brit 0 apm?

Fair...
7 Mar 2016, 00:52 AM

People saying re-alocate are clueless.

So u need to have 60 apm to try to counter a brit 0 apm?

Fair...

I prefer to face 3 pits rather than three 5 man tommies with 2xbren. 25Ps alone can't do much.
7 Mar 2016, 01:30 AM

First off this thread is not a hate thread, so please refrain yourself. Second off, I was the British player who posted this as a demonstration on what was the best/worst case scenario for this doctrine.

so next time, don't clump 4 mortars in one tiny location or if you see you or your opponents doing that, expect that person to lose and that person should uninstall soon after.

As it was mentioned, this doc hardcounters "Trash players"
7 Mar 2016, 01:32 AM

Is that a new not released british doc? have you tested it? it looks very powerful to counter axis fagbois
7 Mar 2016, 01:46 AM

so next time, don't clump 4 mortars in one tiny location or if you see you or your opponents doing that, expect that person to lose and that person should uninstall soon after.

As it was mentioned, this doc hardcounters "Trash players"

The problem is that it's inconsistent, on some map is like " bro did they got counter barrage I don't see it"
In other map when you use railway art. you see the train get counter barraged in this map you can't build any art in any position
7 Mar 2016, 03:34 AM

The problem is that it's inconsistent, on some map is like " bro did they got counter barrage I don't see it"
In other map when you use railway art. you see the train get counter barraged in this map you can't build any art in any position

you know u can check all these in a custom match, in any maps before getting into ranked/automatch games
7 Mar 2016, 19:11 PM

I am going to bring this topic back to the front, but please let us ignore the OP's original video and just talk about Counter Barrage.

In my opinion this ability is far, far too good for cost (free). You get to counter barrage starting at 4 cps (sometimes allowing you to cover nearly the entire map). In addition, since you are heavily invested in emplacements you have very low MP bleed and can afford to build up tanks. Turning off one 25 pounder is fine to get tank out, and building the tank during the cool down is no problem.

For Katitof, while I agree that this ability is the Wehr ability, I think you overlooked some serious differences, including:

No direct cost to acquire (picked up as part of normal tech)
No pop cost
No need to defend arty
Comes much earlier
Hits much harder (2 shots per discovered artillery fire)
Requires no vet

These differences drastically improve the counter barrage that Wehr has. On top of that UKF base arty main role is still supposed to be its use in conjunction with IS. But it is so far from useful with IS that counter barrage effectively has no opportunity costs.

The ability should probably operate on a timer, or maybe by selecting a sector on the map. Reducing its effect is still unattractive because it requires no player input or planning. You just leave in on until you need a tank.
7 Mar 2016, 20:36 PM

I am going to bring this topic back to the front, but please let us ignore the OP's original video and just talk about Counter Barrage.

In my opinion this ability is far, far too good for cost (free). You get to counter barrage starting at 4 cps (sometimes allowing you to cover nearly the entire map). In addition, since you are heavily invested in emplacements you have very low MP bleed and can afford to build up tanks. Turning off one 25 pounder is fine to get tank out, and building the tank during the cool down is no problem.

For Katitof, while I agree that this ability is the Wehr ability, I think you overlooked some serious differences, including:

No pop cost
No need to defend arty
Comes much earlier
Requires no vet

These differences drastically improve the counter barrage that Wehr has. On top of that UKF base arty main role is still supposed to be its use in conjunction with IS. But it is so far from useful with IS that counter barrage effectively has no opportunity costs.

The ability should probably operate on a timer, or maybe by selecting a sector on the map. Reducing its effect is still unattractive because it requires no player input or planning. You just leave in on until you need a tank.

u right man,wish they would be mature and logical like u but.......anyway the key is in relic hands :) maybe i should buy this faction. im done in these furums and topics,bbye
8 Mar 2016, 00:12 AM

No pop cost
No need to defend arty
Comes much earlier
Requires no vet

OK a couple of points that seem missed here. First the ability only unlocks with cp's, 4 if I remember correctly. So it actually does have a cost and it isn't available all that early. Second, which a lot of people seem to forget, any unit that has counter battery toggled on, can't do anything else. That includes base structures that while country battery is active cannot produce units. That's a big opportunity cost right there, especially with a cooldown of 30 second everytime you swap counter battery on or off. You either have fire active, you produce units. Also fire from infantry flares is not available. Third, the mortar counter battery is laughable in the low amount of damage it does. The only fire that is actually dangerous is the fire from the base howies. And if you can't shoot and scoot, you do kinda deserve to loose units to it.
8 Mar 2016, 00:21 AM

Not convinced I've won a game with this commander. Against anyone with half a brain the counter battery just doesn't work. Shoot and scoot - not rocket science really. Even if they don't it doesn't exactly seem to bleed them dry, or do much at all. I've still had three mortars merrily killing my troops whilst watching a nice fireworks show.

Meanwhile you are stuck building nothing but Tommies and Vickers. Precision barrage is fantastic, the rest of it trash or team game orientated.
8 Mar 2016, 14:27 PM

OK a couple of points that seem missed here. First the ability only unlocks with cp's, 4 if I remember correctly. So it actually does have a cost and it isn't available all that early. Second, which a lot of people seem to forget, any unit that has counter battery toggled on, can't do anything else. That includes base structures that while country battery is active cannot produce units. That's a big opportunity cost right there, especially with a cooldown of 30 second everytime you swap counter battery on or off. You either have fire active, you produce units. Also fire from infantry flares is not available. Third, the mortar counter battery is laughable in the low amount of damage it does. The only fire that is actually dangerous is the fire from the base howies. And if you can't shoot and scoot, you do kinda deserve to loose units to it.

It costs the player 0 resources to unlock cps. They are awarded for time spent in the game. 4 cps is quite early that is not terribly different from when the 1st stuka (if you push it) or 2nd ISG arrives (if you are playing against heavy fortifications that is probably your go to).

Production of units from base structures is irrelevant since the commander is designed to get you around that with IS that can build emplacements, and so much emphasis on building and maintaining emplacements.

The time it takes to cool down the ability is the time it takes to build units, so the cost is...0. You were going to build a unit, so while doing that you don't counterbarrage. As soon as the unit is constructed you turn it right back on.

The ability is not laughable in damage (I don't understand why you would ever use counter battery on a mortar that already outranges all other mortars and will engage them as soon as it "sees" them), only in accuracy. But since it fires all game long you will start to bleed MP. Especially in team games where other units can be hit at the same time by missed shells. It is not a threat to rocket arty, which fires and moves, but it is devastating to all standard mortar type artillery.

Its potency on smaller maps is huge, where it can fire nearly into or into your base. All this and it costs 0 munitions so they can keep upgrading their infantry to beat you in a toe to toe fight.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★