Login

russian armor

British's Advanced Emplacement Regiment: Counter Battery

3 Mar 2016, 21:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2016, 17:49 PMofield

I don't think that a free ability should counter a unit (Lefh) for the rest of the game. That's just bad design. Especially since indirect fire is supposed to be a counter to fortification, so this commander basically counters its counters.

Plus One.
If LefH has a cooldown on counter, so should the base 25 pounders.
Check out the vid highlight on the front page. This commander can reach Werh base on 1v1 maps.
3 Mar 2016, 21:17 PM

It is awesome, a masterfully designed ability and is far from OP. Campy turtling needs to GTFO.
3 Mar 2016, 21:45 PM

Plus One.
If LefH has a cooldown on counter, so should the base 25 pounders.
Check out the vid highlight on the front page. This commander can reach Werh base on 1v1 maps.

if 25 pounders have a cooldown, they should be able fire through fog of war, and have the same damage profile as lefH. that's what you're telling me. lol
3 Mar 2016, 21:51 PM

Counter battery needs a buff, axis can build LEFH's outside their base sector in 2vs2 and the guns don't even fire on them.

Also by the time the guns rotate to fire at a Werfer the werfers/stuka have already driven back to base unmolested
4 Mar 2016, 01:58 AM

Why don't we have a look at how Counter Battery works?

After anywhere between zero and five seconds after enemy artillery fires within 250 range of the headquarters building, the 25 Pounder fires two shots with lower scatter than the Infantry Section barrage (as the buff that barrage received is not in the tools, this may change).

The 25 Pounder then waits four seconds before firing two more shots and continues this until its target has stopped firing.

While Counter Battery is activated, no units can be produced from the building using it but it does not have an activation cost.

I think there are a few problems with this ability in its current state:

- It is somewhat overpowering on smaller maps while being completely useless on larger ones.

- Its response time does not provide enough opportunity for smart artillery play.

- It can attack the base sector on some maps.

To solve these problems I suggest:

- Increase its range to match the other 25 Pounder barrages (from 250 to 1000).

- Increase the initial delay from 0-5 seconds to 15 seconds.

- Increase the delay between salvos from 4 to 8 seconds.

- Prevent it from targeting the base sector.

What do you think?
4 Mar 2016, 07:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2016, 01:58 AMSvanh

After anywhere between zero and five seconds after enemy artillery fires within 250 range of the headquarters building, the 25 Pounder fires two shots with lower scatter than the Infantry Section barrage (as the buff that barrage received is not in the tools, this may change).

The 25 Pounder then waits four seconds before firing two more shots and continues this until its target has stopped firing.

While Counter Battery is activated, no units can be produced from the building using it but it does not have an activation cost.

- It is somewhat overpowering on smaller maps while being completely useless on larger ones.

- Its response time does not provide enough opportunity for smart artillery play.

What do you think?

I think you forgot to suggest the name change from "counter battery" to "shoot this empty ground where 30 minutes ago a mortar might have been".
4 Mar 2016, 13:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2016, 17:29 PMpugzii
Basically the Advanced Emplacement doctrine hardcounters trash players.

The Bofors counters idiots who dont understand how to attack it or just move to the other part of the map and the counter battery counters idiots who refuse to relocate after barrages/split their LeIG spam up.

i donno why that moderator didnt remove this impolite child and some others like him.... Be polite kity
4 Mar 2016, 17:02 PM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2016, 13:56 PMSoheil

i donno why that moderator didnt remove this impolite child. Be polite kity

Because their post doesn't break any rules.

Your post is off topic though, so could be cleaned.
4 Mar 2016, 17:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2016, 01:58 AMSvanh

What do you think?

Nice suggestion. As Katitof implied, I think the delayed fire would take too long. Maybe the delay between salvos is nice and someone said a percentage reduction in munitions while it's active like 10% for being permanently active until disabled.
4 Mar 2016, 17:54 PM

Nice suggestion. As Katitof implied, I think the delayed fire would take too long. Maybe the delay between salvos is nice and someone said a percentage reduction in munitions while it's active like 10% for being permanently active until disabled.

Ost counterbarrage works exactly the same way, it doesn't have any kind of cost for it.
4 Mar 2016, 21:01 PM

Because their post doesn't break any rules.

Your post is off topic though, so could be cleaned.

none of my business but idiots -trash players,polite enough to call ukf players?
4 Mar 2016, 23:09 PM

Ost counterbarrage works exactly the same way, it doesn't have any kind of cost for it.

Yes, but OST counterbarrage isn't protected in base (unless you're countering with mortar/pwerfer in base...), isn't free with teching, requires Vet to access, has a cooldown
5 Mar 2016, 00:08 AM

Yes, but OST counterbarrage isn't protected in base (unless you're countering with mortar/pwerfer in base...), isn't free with teching, requires Vet to access, has a cooldown

It also doesn't lock your tier production ability.
5 Mar 2016, 13:05 PM

If one really want to compare 25p counter barrage with LeFH one should take into consideration the following:

1)CP 4 vs CP 8
2) Veterancy vet 1 ability
3) cost 600 vs to normal tech progress (or "free" as some erroneously describe things that come with teching)
4) pop cost and upkeep
5)virtual indestructibility vs destructibility
6) faction ability to turtle

Basically the only drawback of the 25p counter barrage is unit production is actually minor since it affect only 1 of the 2 production/25p building and one can still produce units and have barrage on...
6 Mar 2016, 01:48 AM

I think this needs a buff.

With tier production lost having both guns firing should neutralise ( destroy or force to retreat) a stationary mortar or ISG in quick time. 20-30 seconds would be reasonable to give the option.

Just played a game, and I've noticed in other games, that it simply doesn't. A couple of minutes of firing just results in pretty fireworks and little effect.
6 Mar 2016, 03:27 AM

This ability allows the base 25 pounders fire counter barrages for free with reasonable success. It can be quite effective especially in 3v3s and 4v4s, in where these artillery will never stop firing. This means they will not stop giving value. In my opinion it should not be free. My proposal is that while 25 pounders have this active the munitions income should be reduce by 10-25% each. This will stop giving free value and give the player the need to give slight oversight on these buildings.

Here is a video that shows the best/worst case possibility. Note the player's I was against were not top quality players. The top screen shows it hitting the targets while the bottom screen shows its constant firing at time 4 speed. These two screens are not in sync. The total actual length was 6 minutes starting around 11, when it could have reached far beyond 30+ minutes.

what's ur rank? 9000? sorry but u won't even L2P. clumping 4 mortars together in one point and asking why they die? my advice to you is to uninstall, cause there's no hope for you to learn to play.
6 Mar 2016, 03:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2016, 17:29 PMpugzii
Basically the Advanced Emplacement doctrine hardcounters trash players.

ex-fucking-actly :thumbsup:
6 Mar 2016, 03:48 AM

what's ur rank? 9000? sorry but u won't even L2P. clumping 4 mortars together in one point and asking why they die? my advice to you is to uninstall, cause there's no hope for you to learn to play.

wow:facepalm:
7 Mar 2016, 00:18 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

First off this thread is not a hate thread, so please refrain yourself. Second off, I was the British player who posted this as a demonstration on what was the best/worst case scenario for this doctrine.
7 Mar 2016, 00:34 AM

I'll have to agree with host. Just lost on across the rhine in a 3v3 game between friends, and lost to a friend of mine that has a lot less skill than me in the game.

So, one makes mortar pit and bofors mid with the repair forward assembly, you and your friends make mortars/LEig and keep getting bombed hard.

Sure, you can destroy those late game with tanks, but by that time most of the Victory Points are already taken by the allies.

Also, someone will have a Firefly to shut your tanks hard.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★