Login

russian armor

Cross Roads 1v1 Map Balance

2 Mar 2016, 09:34 AM

Once again we see the addition of a 6 window house in the middle VP causing major balance problems for some 1v1 maps.

This is essentially the Faymonville Approach problem all over again.

My suggestion would be to take the house out completely or give it less HP, at this point the thing tanks damage hard. Much like what Faymonville is now we should leave the 1 window building to the north as this doesnt provide any real imbalance as you can shot through 1 window only towards the VP.

Also the 6 window building guarding the South spawn cut off. Players will have a hard time attacking or guarding this area. Take this building away as well and reward cut off play properly.
2 Mar 2016, 09:36 AM

Is the southern Start harder to play (especially as ost?) I had a very hard time using paks because of the very Limit sight due many shot blockers and easy base dives on the left side if my paks were on the right side?
2 Mar 2016, 09:46 AM

Is the southern Start harder to play (especially as ost?) I had a very hard time using paks because of the very Limit sight due many shot blockers and easy base dives on the left side if my paks were on the right side?

Southern start in my opinion is much easier to play due to the fact you can put (mainly as Osteer, Soviets and Brits) an early MG into the house and effectively hold mid vp for the entire early game.

Base dives can easily be dealt with, 2 mines will almost completely shut it down. I think the hedges that block LOS are fine, as long as its symmetrical its balanced. Plus vehicles just end up crushing them anyway
2 Mar 2016, 09:47 AM

Southern start in my opinion is much easier to play due to the fact you can put (mainly as Osteer, Soviets and Brits) an early MG into the house and effectively hold mid vp for the entire early game.

Base dives can easily be dealt with, 2 mines will almost completely shut it down. I think the hedges that block LOS are fine, as long as its symmetrical its balanced. Plus vehicles just end up crushing them anyway

Played it Fr the first time and the enemy rushed it first, guess that was my misstake then
2 Mar 2016, 10:44 AM

Too much windows at a VP
2 Mar 2016, 12:32 PM

You can alleviate the problem sort of by wiring off the exits to the church, so when he gets in and tries to leave he gets stuck and you've got an easy rifle nade to finish him off. Also south side has plenty of shotblockers to spam mortars/leigs on. If you're okw, getting a ir halftrack seems to be handy cuz you can cover the mid vp and any squads trying to go around the walls for a flank
2 Mar 2016, 15:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Mar 2016, 12:32 PMbert69
You can alleviate the problem sort of by wiring off the exits to the church, so when he gets in and tries to leave he gets stuck and you've got an easy rifle nade to finish him off. Also south side has plenty of shotblockers to spam mortars/leigs on. If you're okw, getting a ir halftrack seems to be handy cuz you can cover the mid vp and any squads trying to go around the walls for a flank

Re-taking the building from the South is easy. Creep up the hedges and pop nades. Im more focusing on playing as the northern player.
3 Mar 2016, 08:38 AM

i just did some more games on it, maybe its just me, but as ostheer its way better to start north due all the open space. sniper has an way easier time as well as paks and mg. the big house at the vp is a problem thought. you can defend your fuel way better too because if you start south there is this big pile of logs blocking your sight for sniper/mg if the enemy harrases it
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★