Login

russian armor

Relic laziness

2 Mar 2016, 04:12 AM

UKF new commander mobile assault is cool and unique, but why not making a proper voice acting for it, instead you get:
_the ability is ready to use (m2 flamethrower)
_the ability is ready (advanced cover combat)
_good new, the ability is ready to use (landmatress)
_the ability is ready to use (infiltration commandos) (again)
Seriously ??? i don't know if i have files missing or something and i haven't used advanced emplacement either so is it have a better voice acting ?
when UKF first released the announcer sound all tactical and stuff for each commander like when you use the arty cover, mortar cover, smoke crew repair, gliders and crocodile.
even UKF announcer became lazy and boring after this patch
2 Mar 2016, 04:58 AM

They didn't know they were putting that stuff in, so they didn't record dialogue for it. Hell, go play a blizzard map with Brits, they use the Soviet announcer.

On a related note, USF Tac Support all uses generic dialogue and I'm sure the OKW ones do too. I'm sure getting the voice actor back in costs them a decent amount of money and they can't flex to it when things change.

Oh before I forget: "Medium armor and rocket artillery..."
2 Mar 2016, 08:05 AM

They didn't know they were putting that stuff in, so they didn't record dialogue for it. Hell, go play a blizzard map with Brits, they use the Soviet announcer.

On a related note, USF Tac Support all uses generic dialogue and I'm sure the OKW ones do too. I'm sure getting the voice actor back in costs them a decent amount of money and they can't flex to it when things change.

Oh before I forget: "Medium armor and rocket artillery..."

It was simply oversight during early design phases. And no, voice actors are not paid that much. Even the famous ones. Only Hollywood class voice actors are truly expensive. It's not about the money, it's an inconvenience for the company to hire the whole sound team for like 10 minutes of voice acting.

Oh, and just remove that line from the game already.
2 Mar 2016, 17:08 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Mar 2016, 08:05 AMRMMLz

It was simply oversight during early design phases. And no, voice actors are not paid that much. Even the famous ones. Only Hollywood class voice actors are truly expensive. It's not about the money, it's an inconvenience for the company to hire the whole sound team for like 10 minutes of voice acting.

Oh, and just remove that line from the game already.

Plus, if they followed precedent, they would have to pay for the Audio guy from Relic to be flown to London, presumably business class with hotel expenses etc - hire a studio and engineers - hire the voice actors etc etc

Thread title fixed
2 Mar 2016, 17:51 PM

This isn't entirely true. I've heard a british cold weather announcer line when a bug triggered it a few patches ago (and it was on road to kharkov, so not a winter map). I can only assume it isn't used due to a bug.

More seriously though, the amount of generic lines with the brits is a touch disappointing. Some units (like the Sexton) simply use generic armour lines. I just hope they don't go down that route for their next full release.
2 Mar 2016, 17:53 PM

So much cancer in these forums. So many retarded posts
2 Mar 2016, 18:38 PM

Land Mattress call-in not having any audio is an oversight or laziness, because it most certainly has proper audio in the files.

https://clyp.it/1oqmk5xp

Most other generic audio using abilities could also be given something far more descriptive from the unused files.
2 Mar 2016, 20:04 PM

Brilliant, just brilliant, Cruzz finds everything Relic
2 Mar 2016, 20:42 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Mar 2016, 18:38 PMCruzz
Land Mattress call-in not having any audio is an oversight or laziness, because it most certainly has proper audio in the files.

Most other generic audio using abilities could also be given something far more descriptive from the unused files.

:hansGG:
2 Mar 2016, 21:10 PM

GG WP RELIC :hansREKT:
3 Mar 2016, 01:18 AM

Plus, if they followed precedent, they would have to pay for the Audio guy from Relic to be flown to London, presumably business class with hotel expenses etc - hire a studio and engineers - hire the voice actors etc etc

Thread title fixed

Canadians can imitate there Mother accent quite well :snfMarcus:

RULE BRITANNIA :sibHyena::sibHyena::sibHyena:
3 Mar 2016, 02:24 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

When The commander trial was going on, I heard "Land mattress rocket artillery is ready for use" or something like that as well. I'm pretty sure mattress has voice lines, at least when called in.

Infil commandos use the "your commandos are ready" I'm pretty sure..

The advanced emplacement commander is completely generic lined though, that whole commander really is just a big copy pasta job. Literally nothing from that commander is original. From the reused but slightly nerfed mech arty copy pasta to the counter battery mechanic :(
3 Mar 2016, 02:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Mar 2016, 17:53 PMF1sh
So much cancer in these forums. So many retarded posts

Because your post is so productive, it managed to cure me of my IBS and spontaneous cocaine fueled hooker binging right? /s

Holy crap, they should have a "Detective" tag in this forum just for you mate! You're a super star
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS