Login

russian armor

Is USF in a bad spot or do I suck

2 Jul 2017, 09:51 AM
2 Jul 2017, 11:04 AM

so i'm the only to notice that this thread is one year old ?
20 Jul 2017, 10:56 AM

To be fair, it's not like much has changed. Wehr snipers still bleed you like mad, OKW volks still shit all over rifles, etc.
21 Jul 2017, 20:26 PM

To be fair, it's not like much has changed. Wehr snipers still bleed you like mad, OKW volks still shit all over rifles, etc.

Uh infantry vet didn't work at the time and the entire sequence of events involving the usf mortar occurred. I'm not 100% sure but I think this was right after mg42 were made t0 because it was ostheer that was in a terrible spot v usf just prior to that change...

I think you're right though that all of the changes made in the last year haven't addressed the issue.

These threads at this are kind of a monument to the cyclic nature of trying to balance this game through buffs and nerfs without addressing fundamental design flaws that are ultimately simple to rectify.
4 Sep 2017, 01:20 AM

Uh infantry vet didn't work at the time and the entire sequence of events involving the usf mortar occurred. I'm not 100% sure but I think this was right after mg42 were made t0 because it was ostheer that was in a terrible spot v usf just prior to that change...

I think you're right though that all of the changes made in the last year haven't addressed the issue.

These threads at this are kind of a monument to the cyclic nature of trying to balance this game through buffs and nerfs without addressing fundamental design flaws that are ultimately simple to rectify.

"Fundamental design flaws" you say. Go on...
4 Sep 2017, 05:56 AM

"Fundamental design flaws" you say. Go on...

Stuff like factions not being designed against one another (look at EFA vs. WFA and brits right now. Stug and penal spam are the only workable options for a variety of reasons mostly due to the existence of the radically different other armies). Or look at how usf lacks so many important basic tools nondoctrinally like mines, semi-reliable garrison clearance, durable tanks, rocket arty, etc. or how okw lacks a t0 mg but has a t0 at gun (why even?), or how brits has no counter for hard indirect fire spam and no mobile mortar or non doc snare and how ost mortar and sniper over perform against usf and brits because they're supposed to be attacking 6 man squads. On the other end, look at how cons get roflstomped by literally anyhthing okw has and all of ostheer's army without wheels gets raped by rocket arty and pack howies and mortar pits since they're all 4 man squads. There's a few for you.
4 Sep 2017, 10:28 AM

They dont,
4 Sep 2017, 17:47 PM

The USF atm are a solid faction for 1v1 , they are a bit different to play than other factions cuz u need to keep pushing ur opponent all the time .
They do tend to struggle vs OKW (all other factions do as well).

In 3v3 and 4v4 usf is not that good imo, u have to spam callis and act as support army to be able to be effective .
4 Sep 2017, 20:40 PM

They dont,

With vet, stgs, and flamenades yeah sometimes. I wouldn't say "shit all over" maybe, but definitely overperform.
4 Sep 2017, 20:43 PM

With vet, stgs, and flamenades yeah sometimes. I wouldn't say "shit all over" maybe, but definitely overperform.

Riflemen with double bar and vet can perform on par.
4 Sep 2017, 21:51 PM

Riflemen with double bar and vet can perform on par.

Oh of course they can. The thing is, that entails double the muni investment and a more expensive squad. Bars tend to come later than stgs too, and double BARs come even later than that.
5 Sep 2017, 14:40 PM

Ive found i've had better successes cutting their supply lines rather than pushing them off the map. This especially hurts OKW as they struggle to take back lost fuel.
You can get away with abusing the Sh*t out of ostheer and pushing them back into their base, however it can backfire-especially if they've got fuel caches around their points.

USF is very good at capping and kicking the door in early, but you've got to be active and have map presence.

Overall, Allies, USF in particular really have to work for their wins, I personally believe this to be true against OKW, Because past 10 minutes, it becomes harder to win.

You can also invest in AT guns early, I prefer to do that as you're prepared for medium armor past the 10 min mark. No more than 2, unless its a really tank spamming game.

More over, Be active with your Stuart. the best time of the game to get it out is around the 6 or 7 minute mark, as stuarts pretty much out trade every other like vehicle like the Luchs, 222, Flak half track. You can even murder P4s if you can micro it properly (its hilarious to see). Try keep it alive as long as you can, Because late game it can still be used, as the Stuart abilities Scale extremely well. I mean, If you take 1 or 2 hits from a tiger you die, BUT if you can get sight block on them it gives your other tanks a chance to flank. Same is true for the Target Tread/Engine.

Sorry, Went on a rant. Hope it helped
15 Sep 2017, 14:23 PM

Oh of course they can. The thing is, that entails double the muni investment and a more expensive squad. Bars tend to come later than stgs too, and double BARs come even later than that.

Yeah im so tired of these volks. Their cheapness, low upkeep and super cheap dual stg is just really dumb.

Meanwhile all tactics including cons became completely pointless when they implemented those stgs for the volks.

They should bump upp the price of the volks in general, and the stgs.
15 Sep 2017, 16:22 PM

Yeah im so tired of these volks. Their cheapness, low upkeep and super cheap dual stg is just really dumb.

Meanwhile all tactics including cons became completely pointless when they implemented those stgs for the volks.

They should bump upp the price of the volks in general, and the stgs.

That is because volkschreck blobs were the issue originally. Instead of fixing a broken mechanic, it was simply removed and new abilities and mechanics were implemented.

Volks having schrecks was kind of a core design feature and removing them really required an overall look at how okw functioned. The idea was that Sturm schrecks would be used instead, but not much was looked at beyond that.

And so here we are.
16 Sep 2017, 18:33 PM

Volks should have never received STGs, dunno why Relic wanted to re-balance volks after taking from them the shreck. OKW have Sturmpio to deal damage early game and Obers late game and volks as meatshield.

Said that, lavanade is probably the biggest offender here.
16 Sep 2017, 19:14 PM

That is because volkschreck blobs were the issue originally. Instead of fixing a broken mechanic, it was simply removed and new abilities and mechanics were implemented.

Volks having schrecks was kind of a core design feature and removing them really required an overall look at how okw functioned. The idea was that Sturm schrecks would be used instead, but not much was looked at beyond that.

And so here we are.

Yeah really in my opinion, they should just be meatshields, as okw has very sterling options to deal damage throughout the game, with sturmpios and the kubelwagen from minute 0 and t0, they have the flaktrack, isgs, or luchs in the midgame, and obers (and tanks) for lategame. There really shouldn't be any problem with volks having no stgs because okw already has so much other shit that they would be using in support of volks. That's mainly why I think the faction is imbalanced, that volks are basically riflemen analogues in a faction that was designed way differently from usf.
jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2017, 18:33 PMEsxile
Volks should have never received STGs, dunno why Relic wanted to re-balance volks after taking from them the shreck. OKW have Sturmpio to deal damage early game and Obers late game and volks as meatshield.

Said that, lavanade is probably the biggest offender here.

Yeah lava nade is a problem too, as it denies cover and garrisons but is on mainline infantry. Doesn't help that it has no fuse either. They really should just have a normal grenade, or even give the lavanade to sturmpios and give the concussion grenade to volks, that would already be way more balanced, especially if there ever are more balance patches and okw finally gets smoke.

16 Sep 2017, 19:22 PM

It's because of Volks that now OKW is basically USF, just better, thanks to the early game agression into light vehicles such as the Luchs.
16 Sep 2017, 20:42 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Yeah really in my opinion, they should just be meatshields, as okw has very sterling options to deal damage throughout the game, with sturmpios and the kubelwagen from minute 0 and t0, they have the flaktrack, isgs, or luchs in the midgame, and obers (and tanks) for lategame. There really shouldn't be any problem with volks having no stgs because okw already has so much other shit that they would be using in support of volks. That's mainly why I think the faction is imbalanced, that volks are basically riflemen analogues in a faction that was designed way differently from usf.

Yeah lava nade is a problem too, as it denies cover and garrisons but is on mainline infantry. Doesn't help that it has no fuse either. They really should just have a normal grenade, or even give the lavanade to sturmpios and give the concussion grenade to volks, that would already be way more balanced, especially if there ever are more balance patches and okw finally gets smoke.

But then the issue is that beating okw becomes as simple as countering the luchs. The AEC always comes at or before the luchs, and the stuart has an equal fuel timing. Meanwhile, brits would be able to stomp all over volks with double brens and usf would stomp all over volks with double bars. Obers just take far too long to get out, especially since you just got mech + luchs + (presumably) battlegroup + healing. Now, if the EFA/WFA rework mod is implemented, I could see the removal of stgs working since obers would come out 60 fuel sooner. From my evaluation, if you remove stgs from volks, then volks will become to riflemen/sections what cons are to current volks.

That said, changes I would've liked to have seen compared to the current patch is adding a fuse to flame nades, increasing stgs to 90 munis, and changing the 10% acc bonus that volks get at vet1. I think okw players should have to choose between spamming flame nades, spamming med crates, or spamming stgs. The removal of the 10% acc would mean that theyre missing 10% acc (~9% less damage) at all vet levels.
17 Sep 2017, 06:31 AM

But then the issue is that beating okw becomes as simple as countering the luchs. The AEC always comes at or before the luchs, and the stuart has an equal fuel timing. Meanwhile, brits would be able to stomp all over volks with double brens and usf would stomp all over volks with double bars. Obers just take far too long to get out, especially since you just got mech + luchs + (presumably) battlegroup + healing. Now, if the EFA/WFA rework mod is implemented, I could see the removal of stgs working since obers would come out 60 fuel sooner. From my evaluation, if you remove stgs from volks, then volks will become to riflemen/sections what cons are to current volks.

That said, changes I would've liked to have seen compared to the current patch is adding a fuse to flame nades, increasing stgs to 90 munis, and changing the 10% acc bonus that volks get at vet1. I think okw players should have to choose between spamming flame nades, spamming med crates, or spamming stgs. The removal of the 10% acc would mean that theyre missing 10% acc (~9% less damage) at all vet levels.

That's true but you still have fausts, schrecks, and raketenwerfers to cover the luchs, and not having stgs might lead to some more interesting combined arms play with the kubel and Sturm's dealin the main portion of damage along with the luchs. And double brens/bars usually take a pretty long time to come out, by which time you will probably have obers to do some stomping of their own. However, I definitely think your solutions could work too. Right now they're just far too spammable/cost effective and versatile for the faction they are in.
17 Sep 2017, 07:38 AM

It is not like Volks were having STG since the beginning. It was working while Luch/HT and Kubel were in far worst position.
AEC and Stuart have also been nerfed. A Stuart is not a hard counter for a Luch and the AEC while being far better at chasing Luchs is in a faction with no snare and OKW still have raketen T0.

Removing STG would definitively help vs Soviet and USF, we would not see anymore a Volks squad rushing your own squad behind green cover and winning the engagement just because they have STG and throw you a lavanade forcing you off cover while they take it.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★