Login

russian armor

Game crashes after one game.

3 Mar 2016, 19:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2016, 16:58 PMwuff

I don't know, but it could something.

Have you installed any new software which could be eating up your ram?

No nothing that I can think of. But I'll try to do the the list of recommendations that came up on the page yesterday and see how it works out.
3 Mar 2016, 20:23 PM

I got: Crash Report nr #1266228
3 Mar 2016, 20:58 PM

No nothing that I can think of. But I'll try to do the the list of recommendations that came up on the page yesterday and see how it works out.

best of luck!
3 Mar 2016, 23:18 PM
Donator 11

Have you tried lowering graphical settings? This game is more and more demanding with time due to every faction having better models, effects and so on. Also with new content there is increasingly more to load into memory when the match starts. And there is the possibility of memory leak. If, like most community belives, the leak is in fact present you may play just on maximum of available memory and then, after first match some data is not removed from memory, instead it is loaded again (so there are 2 copies!) so the memory needed is increasing and you cant play another match. If you lower graphical settings it may use less memory allowing you to play more than one match without restart.

Personally I sometimes, but very rarely, play coh2 on minimum settings on 4gb laptop with intel hd 4000. What it means is that I have 4gb of memory, 2gb of which is shared with gpu. Still the game is playable. I mean its ugly of course but well... At least I can play. And that is even though the game generally shouldn't run on such a bad machine. With your 8gb it should be better than minimum but I cant really say how much better.
4 Mar 2016, 06:25 AM
Patrion 28

So in order to get it fixed I need a new computer is what you saying?
However I havn't allways had this problem. Maybe in the past 4 months.

if it coincided with the release of the brits (sep 2015, ~~6 months) then it's not surprising as the brits added (at a guess) ~~25% more content to load (it's probably less but if you were borderline before it could be significant).

other people have reported performance degrading over the game's history and while i haven't had issues myself (high end system and not paying attention) i'm not surprised; the game is certainly poorly optimized in the first place.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 50
Germany 34

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment