Login

russian armor

If relic were to employ a fan, who would be the best pick?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (9)down
10 Mar 2016, 17:11 PM

what if the game engine wasn't able to do that stuff though

what if greg wilson comes into your cubicle after you propose that idea and says "no that's too expensive we would have to overhaul the engine and time/cost to do that is too high"

Like I think it's great that you guys are such ideas people but frankly none of you are practical and don't really seem to understand that your ship isn't always afloat and in fact is constantly sinking. Just because whiteflash's ideas were ignored or whatever that doesn't mean they weren't good, I prefer the reality that the idea was considered, then deemed impractical to implement.

This recent patch disaster was a result of priorities and "what's seriously the best thing we can do right now" and not "wow let's just ignore the community". It's a procedural failure, I think, and it's easy for you fucks to play monday morning quarterback.
10 Mar 2016, 18:07 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

what if greg wilson comes into your cubicle after you propose that idea and says "no that's too expensive we would have to overhaul the engine and time/cost to do that is too high"

Like I think it's great that you guys are such ideas people but frankly none of you are practical and don't really seem to understand that your ship isn't always afloat and in fact is constantly sinking. Just because whiteflash's ideas were ignored or whatever that doesn't mean they weren't good, I prefer the reality that the idea was considered, then deemed impractical to implement.

This recent patch disaster was a result of priorities and "what's seriously the best thing we can do right now" and not "wow let's just ignore the community". It's a procedural failure, I think, and it's easy for you fucks to play monday morning quarterback.

We told them it was a disaster back in Alpha when they had plenty of time to change and they basically spit in our faces. They focused on a DLC strategy for income instead of an actual modern day competitive/esports driven RTS game. Hell, COH2 launched with fewer features than COH1 did in 2006 and that was shameful. Now, yes NOW its too late to change course. Had they listened to the community during Alpha when all the COH veterans and pro players were involved this game would have a 10X bigger community and it could be more than a niche RTS. COH2 as it stands is a novelty.
10 Mar 2016, 18:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2016, 18:07 PMBudwise

We told them it was a disaster back in Alpha when they had plenty of time to change and they basically spit in our faces. They focused on a DLC strategy for income instead of an actual modern day competitive/esports driven RTS game. Hell, COH2 launched with fewer features than COH1 did in 2006 and that was shameful. Now, yes NOW its too late to change course. Had they listened to the community during Alpha when all the COH veterans and pro players were involved this game would have a 10X bigger community and it could be more than a niche RTS. COH2 as it stands is a novelty.
This is what I mean by Monday morning quarterback guys. Budwise isn't wrong, he just wishes he were born in a reality where CoH2 was a lot better than it actually is.

In the hot seat, back when THQ was basically losing money, Relic was being sold off as an asset to Sega, and Ami was loudly whining about the lack of a proper replay feature, do you think conversations at Relic were like "hey man the community had this really great idea of basically just re-making CoH1". Because I'm pretty sure they were more along the lines of "HEY SHOULD I BE LOOKING FOR A NEW JOB SINCE THE PEOPLE THAT CUT OUR CHECKS ARE GOING OUT OF BUSINESS."

It's also fun to recall that most of the people working at Relic during that time are replaced or whatever.
10 Mar 2016, 20:48 PM

#cruzzyforpresident
11 Mar 2016, 03:22 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

"HEY SHOULD I BE LOOKING FOR A NEW JOB SINCE THE PEOPLE THAT CUT OUR CHECKS ARE GOING OUT OF BUSINESS."

If you going to do something do it right.

If your going to go down anyways, you might as well take risks to see how good you can make the game, not pitter out the lowest possible form of what COH is.

Relic never had a goal for the game. Its always FELT like its in some sort of disarray. "If you never have a target you wont hit it"

I have to say, the two patches before the brits came out the game was real fun and felt a lot better, but as usual if you just add factions and commanders it puts the game back into disarray. They dont get to a good place in balance then say OK BALANCE IS SOLID LETS GET THE MAPS THIS GOOD, or OK BALANCE IS SOLID LETS GET EPIC ESPORTS MOMENTUM GOING BY DOING X Y AND Z, they throw more content in and we go back to disarray.

Have A Goal
11 Mar 2016, 04:56 AM

What I don't get, if Im a mechanic at a car shop, and I been working on the same car for 3 years, and when i fix a part, the customer comes back angry a day later saying i broke 2 other parts and I kept this pattern up for months or years, you would think something is wrong with me, especially since it's the same damn car.

There is something terribly wrong with the car.

OR THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE MECHANIC.

OR BOTH.

Meanwhile there is some guy in the lobby that is telling me how to fix it properly and doesn't even get paid to do so, doesn't even work for my company, yet he knows more then I do.

What do you think my boss would do? Knowing there is an individual who clearly knows more about the car then the mechanics in the shop.

Fire and hire.

#cruzz

11 Mar 2016, 05:03 AM

I will reference this for the 1000th time. https://www.coh2.org/topic/11064/commander-overlap-a-serious-problem

damn this chart blows chunks although i'll kind of forgive it for the fact that it's 3 years old and people got good over the years + changing game
11 Mar 2016, 05:05 AM

Hi all,

how come almost every thread in the last year derails into a "relic is stupid... etc"-crap.
Yes, they messed up last patch ( very badly) and everybody who is already a hard-core Relic critic went overboard. Now everybody thinks, he is entitled to make a list of demands, which results in absurd demand of for example daily patches. Honestly nobody is entitled to anything. If you do not like relics products do not buy them, if you do not like coh2 do not play it. It is easy as that.

Relic will not optimize the game, i think that is stupid too, but it probably is just not cost efficient. The game is on sale all the time, they wont earn money with the game anymore. It may suck but it is a business decicion.

I honestly hope, that relic will learn a few things from coh2 for next products like coh3 and dow3 and have e-sports (optimization, multi player issues) and modders in mind, because even if they are no doubt a minority, they are a very vocal minority and they keep the game alive.

Best Regards
awa59noob

"this game sucks and i will tell you about how much it sucks every day"

*has 2000 hours on it*

every time
11 Mar 2016, 05:09 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2016, 05:03 AMashxu

damn this chart blows chunks although i'll kind of forgive it for the fact that it's 3 years old and people got good over the years + changing game

agreed its OLD, gime some incentive and ill make it sexy as hell. but again. no incentive.
11 Mar 2016, 05:16 AM

Commander overlap isn't a problem though it's just a game design choice

there's bound to be useless choices when there's so many commanders. Even then sometimes just one commander ability can radically change how a faction is played.

also picking a tech up branch isn't that tactically deep lol it's only two choices
11 Mar 2016, 14:25 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2016, 05:16 AMashxu
Commander overlap isn't a problem though it's just a game design choice

there's bound to be useless choices when there's so many commanders. Even then sometimes just one commander ability can radically change how a faction is played.

also picking a tech up branch isn't that tactically deep lol it's only two choices

Disagreed entirely
11 Mar 2016, 14:26 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

This is entirely possible, and most probable and there is nothing wrong with not having enough resources given the companies size...although SEGA could back them more if they wanted but thats not Relics fault.

But if thats the case...just tell us and I will stop feeding Relic ideas that the entire community support, ill stop making maps, ill stop expecting a better game from them, ill stop expecting progress, ill stop expecting anything more than occasional patches and commander releases which complicate an unbalanced fairly shallow commander system and unbalances the game even more.

Thats groovy, just TELL ME if Relic doesnt care about COH2, because not putting resources into a game and not caring about the game as much as the fans do are the same. If Relic doesnt care, or have the money to care let me know.
11 Mar 2016, 15:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Mar 2016, 19:09 PMbC_
I cant speak for the other departments but you can blame me for that as well.. but for balance I consult Luvnest, Ciez, Lemon, Dusty and many more other community figures to do feedback and balance testing on. Mirage_FLA has been a person that has been mentioned and we will be reaching out to him shortly to join our Illuminati organization.

Again if anyone of you wishes to work at Relic and are qualified for any of these postions visit: http://www.relic.com/#careers

Hell i'll even refer you.

Why isn't Cruzz on your board of trustees? He is probably the most valuable asset we have ever stumbled on in the community, all these hotfixes needed were directly because of his findings in your file system. He knows about 90% of all bugs in this game, and how to fix more than 50% of the problems related to them, some are just simple changes like having a value be 2 instead of 1. I'm asking, no I'm begging at this point, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add and consult with him immediately Brad. That would help you and the community out immensely and bring much needed comfort to everyone here.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197970841350

11 Mar 2016, 15:28 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2016, 15:03 PMVonIvan

Why isn't Cruzz on your board of trustees? He is probably the most valuable asset we have ever stumbled on in the community, all these hotfixes needed were directly because of his findings in your file system. He knows about 90% of all bugs in this game, and how to fix more than 50% of the problems related to them, some are just simple changes like having a value be 2 instead of 1. I'm asking, no I'm begging at this point, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add and consult with him immediately Brad. That would help you and the community out immensely and bring much needed comfort to everyone here.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197970841350

+1
11 Mar 2016, 15:34 PM
Benefactor 3110

+1

sounds like a good idea give cruzzi some power +1
11 Mar 2016, 16:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2016, 15:03 PMVonIvan

Why isn't Cruzz on your board of trustees?
They will let him in , eventually. He won't provide his insights for free forever anyway.

Actually he is demanding money now.

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2016, 08:59 AMCruzz

No I didn't, I purposedly did not even look at any vet stuff because I'm sure not gonna comb through 200+ squad files to check for things like this, for free.

LEIG has a *1.25 SQUAD speed modifier that is being applied to each ENTITY so it's actually a 305% speed modifier. Cute.
11 Mar 2016, 17:51 PM

This is entirely possible, and most probable and there is nothing wrong with not having enough resources given the companies size...although SEGA could back them more if they wanted but thats not Relics fault.

But if thats the case...just tell us and I will stop feeding Relic ideas that the entire community support, ill stop making maps, ill stop expecting a better game from them, ill stop expecting progress, ill stop expecting anything more than occasional patches and commander releases which complicate an unbalanced fairly shallow commander system and unbalances the game even more.

Thats groovy, just TELL ME if Relic doesnt care about COH2, because not putting resources into a game and not caring about the game as much as the fans do are the same. If Relic doesnt care, or have the money to care let me know.
I love how you think you matter at all
11 Mar 2016, 18:03 PM

SAVAGE
A
V
A
G
E
11 Mar 2016, 18:11 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

Im talking about the community as a whole, thanks. if I have a good idea or you or anyone. its not about me, its about improving coh2
11 Mar 2016, 18:29 PM

Im talking about the community as a whole, thanks. if I have a good idea or you or anyone. its not about me, its about improving coh2
Brad already posted in this thread that he listens to particular experts in the community already, so don't imply that they aren't listening to people in an attempt to improve. You clearly were wondering why they weren't listening to your ideas in particular, so don't try to make your problems the community's problems. Again, I seriously doubt they're ignoring your ideas to be spiteful, the realistic approach says they're not pursuing your ideas because its unrealistic at the moment. So yeah, you've pretty much gotta throw ideas at the wall if you think it'll help, and sometimes it gets pursued, sometimes not. Just stop expecting a medal in the mail every time you come up with a winning idea a few teenagers on the internet agree with.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS