Login

russian armor

Relic laziness with the new brit commanders

29 Feb 2016, 05:40 AM

Firstly the portraits, one looks like a bad guy fawkes disguise and the other a melted donald trump. Really poor effort compared to the originals

2: Infiltration commandos are just regular commandos with four dudes? Relic are new skins really that hard to add when you are selling this as new content. I mean you could have added some badass SAS type skins but no

3: American weapons (m2 flamer) as an unhistorical upgrade for British infantry, really is there any excuse for this? just lazy recycling of assets again posed as new content

The British flame thrower was a unique design and should look like this btw

4: The entire advanced emplacement commander being nothing but slight code changes to units, zero new content, zero new emplacements

5: Now the land mattress is cool, new units are always a plus but the landmatteress was in the game files during the UKF beta. So again relic pretty much just snipped existing content away from UKF launch and sold it as "new" content a few months down the line.

Lastly this whole thread is pointless but thanks for reading my assburger rant anyway
29 Feb 2016, 05:46 AM

10/10 would read rant again
+1, they're just milking cash from the community now, by any means possible, and breaking the game, one patch at a time :foreveralone:
29 Feb 2016, 05:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 05:40 AMRollo

5: Now the land mattress is cool, new units are always a plus but the landmatteress was in the game files during the UKF beta. So again relic pretty much just snipped existing content away from UKF launch and sold it as "new" content a few months down the line.
It had no animation during the UKF release. So they were still working on it. They weren't holding it back just to sell it later.
29 Feb 2016, 06:30 AM

Firstly the portraits, one looks like a bad guy fawkes disguise and the other a melted donald trump. Really poor effort compared to the originals

2: Infiltration commandos are just regular commandos with four dudes? Relic are new skins really that hard to add when you are selling this as new content. I mean you could have added some badass SAS type skins but no

3: American weapons (m2 flamer) as an unhistorical upgrade for British infantry, really is there any excuse for this? just lazy recycling of assets again posed as new content

4: The entire advanced emplacement commander being nothing but slight code changes to units, zero new content, zero new emplacements

Lastly this whole thread is pointless but thanks for reading my assburger rant anyway

I mean, they are fucking UGLY tho.
1 Mar 2016, 04:06 AM

This is hardly lazy when compared to 80% of the German and Soviet factions. These two factions are pretty content-full if you ask me. Both commanders combined only share 2 abilities combined (though both are in Mobile Assault, the M2 Flamethrower upgrade and the Vehicle Crew Repairs) You are far too picky when it comes to these things; it appears that all you want with new commanders is completely new content and assets. Which isn't always possible from both an economic and developmental point of view (it's going to cost a lot of money to do that, and it's going to take time - and if you're able to do both, you'll run out of ideas content real quick, as I know from personal experience). Mechanics like Counter-Battery and Advanced Cover Tactics are perfectly fine.

Also, your ranting about the M2 Flamethrower is like complaining about a standard artillery barrage being included in multiple doctrines across different factions. Which is to say, it's not a good argument. However, I will agree that having the Life Bouy flamethrower instead of the M2 would be nice. And yea, I totally agree that our Advanced Emplacement commander needs to take the tape off his fake beard and grow a real one. :P
1 Mar 2016, 04:27 AM

+1
Not going to buy it anyway, not after all this shit we take from them with last patch. Lelic just dont give a garden about players. And ofc they will nerf them to the ground after couple of weeks, as usual.
1 Mar 2016, 04:43 AM

+1.

Well said.
nee
1 Mar 2016, 04:56 AM

Yeah I have to agree, it kinda looks like they got interns photoshopping one or more reference drawings. Some CoH2 portraits look realistic whereas others look cartoony in comparison. But then again it's Relic.

To be fair the newness is the unit as spawning from building (but ranted that's neither really new, and frankly they felt like severely nerfed Fallschirmjaegers without panzerfaust).
Youre also not talking about skins, but also models. SKkins would be giving them different camo but still look like dudes with funny hats and wearing the same gear; what you're asking are totally different models with their own meshes and such. Are these guys even technically a separete distinct unit in their own right, or are they literally a copypaste of the Glider Commandos with a few abilities removed? But then again it's Relic.

The newness is giving UKF infantry flamethrower upgrade. Personally I think the last thing they need is flamer, you already got a great flamer in the form of the UC, and that thing doesn't require waiting for CP unlock (plus a T2 unit).

Quite a lot of commander things are based heavily slight code changes. But then again it's Relic.

I personally didn't think land mattress was cool, besides flashy rockets, it was more like what Sexton shoulda have been: effective.

But then again it's Relic.

Overall they aren't horrible, just obviously rushed and tacked on for profit. Looking at them in the game makes me think "are these fake?"
1 Mar 2016, 05:38 AM

What's this new bullshit romantic signature u have now?!! The previous was much better! Bring it back!
1 Mar 2016, 10:18 AM

BTW does commando bulletins also apply to these new "infiltration commandos"?
1 Mar 2016, 11:41 AM

Permanently Banned
Well said dude !
+1
1 Mar 2016, 11:54 AM

Relic made their money, does money care about Opinions? - NO! because its money, so all you words written down are just another fart in history of money milking :megusta: But beside that i have to agree with you :thumb:
1 Mar 2016, 12:05 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

The ability is ready.
1 Mar 2016, 12:13 PM

Probably Relic does not have its own 2D/3D actors and uses outsourcing. This is the reason why there is no new content.

1 Mar 2016, 13:41 PM
Donator 11

The ability is ready.

This. Relic triggered me pretty hard with the calliope commander too, sherman ready, unit ready, vehicle is now available. No specific voice acting at all :guyokay:
1 Mar 2016, 14:14 PM

Your only valid point is the last one. taking important core mechanics from the faction and selling it. The rest is rant.
1 Mar 2016, 14:39 PM

Word... I mean, don't get me wrong I hate when people go on about "P2W" and stuff and appreciate new commanders but there is a certain amount of laziness where a little extra attention to detail (like new unit skins or the proper flamethrower) would add to the final product that we are buying. And yes "the ability is ready" is so immersion breaking its awful.

Also, I lol'ed at "melted Donald Trump mask". :)
1 Mar 2016, 15:07 PM

5: So again relic pretty much just snipped existing content away from COH2, WF Armys and UKF launch and sold it as "new" content a few months down the line.

+ 1
And also, i fixed your text a bit :D
1 Mar 2016, 15:14 PM
Patrion 15

Let me just press my Tactical Win Button :snfPeter:
1 Mar 2016, 17:03 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Replace "the new brit" with "all", and this would still apply in general.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 41
United Kingdom 22
Germany 36

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak