Login

russian armor

OKW Need Some better Anti-Blob Tools

PAGES (7)down
28 Feb 2016, 01:14 AM

The following post applies to 3v3 and 4v4.

With American blobs still being super effective and superior to Volks blobs in a firefight, what is OKW supposed to do?

Stuka is only good for nuking houses and support weapons. Due to its short range and long travel time it will only ever force a retreat on mobile squads. Even if you hit a squad it never wipes. Then with the easily positional major, the blob is back in 30 seconds.

Additionally, there is no non-doctrinal suppression platform to slow the blobs down to make weapons like the leig effective.

So what are you supposed to do?

I think the leig should get suppression back. Maybe tone it down from what is was before, but blobs just walk all over OKW since there is nothing to slow them down.
28 Feb 2016, 01:16 AM

Buff obers or make them cheaper.
28 Feb 2016, 01:28 AM

There is a non-doctrinal suppression platform, but it's really fragile and not cheap: Flak Halftrak.

It even has a setup and teardown time like an MG does. Is it a good solution? Hell no, as 55 fuel is not a cheap investment for a 320hp unit, but it is an instant suppression unit.
28 Feb 2016, 01:30 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Give OKW the MG-34 stock that is available from the HQ after any OKW truck is placed down and make the doctrinal MG a MG-42 and put it at 3cps or so. It'd hardly be OP given it's the worst MGs in the game.
28 Feb 2016, 02:19 AM

Generally OKW anti tank is too effective while they suck at anti infantry, and the USF has the opposite problem.

If Shreks, jp4, Puppchen, etc are all toned back a bit (camo, accuracy at range) then the replacement of the IR Halftrack with an mg34 wouldn't be bad at all

By the same token nerfing Sherman HE, m20 dps, m1919/rifles/paras, .50 cal speed and giving those units better AT in form of double zook m20 crew or higher pen on .50 and Sherman to round them out would help the faction a lot
28 Feb 2016, 03:25 AM
28 Feb 2016, 03:33 AM

i als did not liked the aoe changes to changes to sturmtiger it kills vehicles better now and infantry less...much less wipes for infy but better at killing vehicles..i liked the previous one better
28 Feb 2016, 03:35 AM

Vet fix will solve it.
28 Feb 2016, 04:00 AM

i think biggest problem of USF rifle blob is so good is because the smoke rifle nade on riflemen. the effect area is huge, the range is crazy. make only LT, Caption, major and rangers able to throw it like what shock have could be much better and easier to hold out against them
28 Feb 2016, 04:15 AM

All I want is current kubel with suppression and let okw build bunkers. Going defense doctrine to get the basic things that Germany had during the war? Nah brah. Yes it ain't based on history but come on brah...come on!!
28 Feb 2016, 04:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2016, 04:15 AMClick
All I want is current kubel with suppression and let okw build bunkers. Going defense doctrine to get the basic things that Germany had during the war? Nah brah. Yes it ain't based on history but come on brah...come on!!

Welcome to SU during the entire game's lifeprocess.
28 Feb 2016, 05:03 AM

There is a non-doctrinal suppression platform, but it's really fragile and not cheap: Flak Halftrak.

It even has a setup and teardown time like an MG does. Is it a good solution? Hell no, as 55 fuel is not a cheap investment for a 320hp unit, but it is an instant suppression unit.

Actually I feel that all of the OKW light vehicles are pretty lackluster. But that is generally okay for big games. You can hold out past the light vehicle play.

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2016, 04:15 AMClick

Yea, I think I liked the old Kubel better too. But is was only good for the first few minutes.

Watching the last Relic broadcast a few people asked questions about blobs. It was disappointing that the response was that all the factions have a way to deal with them. Also that OKW will not be getting a doctrinal MG.

28 Feb 2016, 05:03 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Welcome to SU during the entire game's lifeprocess.

I just want to drown Fritzes in 7.62×25mm Tokarev rounds like in real life
28 Feb 2016, 06:12 AM

Give OKW the MG-34 stock that is available from the HQ after any OKW truck is placed down and make the doctrinal MG a MG-42 and put it at 3cps or so. It'd hardly be OP given it's the worst MGs in the game.

+1. The fact that OKW doesn't have an mg unless they pick the right commander is really stupid.

Suppression is a key tool in the game, and it makes no sense that relic continually puts essential concepts(like flamers for brits and mines for usf)behind a commander, some of which you have to pay for.
28 Feb 2016, 06:58 AM

The following post applies to 3v3 and 4v4.

With American blobs still being super effective and superior to Volks blobs in a firefight, what is OKW supposed to do?

Stuka is only good for nuking houses and support weapons. Due to its short range and long travel time it will only ever force a retreat on mobile squads. Even if you hit a squad it never wipes. Then with the easily positional major, the blob is back in 30 seconds.

Additionally, there is no non-doctrinal suppression platform to slow the blobs down to make weapons like the leig effective.

So what are you supposed to do?

I think the leig should get suppression back. Maybe tone it down from what is was before, but blobs just walk all over OKW since there is nothing to slow them down.

This is a lazy solution and one I would hate to see. The problem lies in both OKW and USF design.

28 Feb 2016, 09:01 AM

MG34 buff would be a start...
28 Feb 2016, 09:28 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Just gotta wait for your mod's tourney, that'll show em' how it'd be!
28 Feb 2016, 10:25 AM

If only OKW had some early game, pinpoint accurate rocket artillery...
Or perhaps a big, slow firing tank that could wipe blobs from outside LOS and over shot blockers...
28 Feb 2016, 13:49 PM

I have seen few things working better than sturmtiger on that jon
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment