Login

russian armor

Land mattress damage

PAGES (8)down
26 Feb 2016, 11:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2016, 11:25 AMKatitof

Is it?

I believe the word you wanted to use was "crying" or "whining" about newly added units on .org is the usual stuff.

No one posted scatter, cooldown, range, damage, AoE profile.

We literally know nothing about its stats outside of cost and the fact it arrives after stuka.
Are axis only side with the right for effective rocket arty?

Haven't used the unit yet, I admit, I'm just addressing the annual "new unit=drawn it in tears" fest.

Well i'm just interested in the new abbilities/units and this is the only place where I can discuss it, I just ignore the "OP PLZ NURF" post that have no proper argumentation.
26 Feb 2016, 11:40 AM

5 cp , 40 fuel, i agree that's ridicolous. 60% chance to wipe mg/at guns. It could be ok , but need 8/10 cp and 80/90 fuel.
26 Feb 2016, 11:44 AM

I think discussing newly added units on coh2.org is buisness as usual yes.

Don't looks like the op wanted to discuss the unit, imo he called for a damage/scatter nerf.

What I wanted to say: Of course new units are not always balanced perfectly when they hit the game, but give it some time at least to try some diverse counterplay. I myself don't played with/versus it up to now but I'll change this soon. If I put aside the damage for a moment land matress seems to be the most vulnerable and slowest moving of all rocket artillery pieces, so it should be a primary target for units emerging from ambient buildings, offmap attacks and onmap artillery pieces. I can think of diverse counterplay, so lets try this please. Of course blobbing as usual isn't a counter. And if you ask me I really appreciate every unit that punishs blobbing and hurts FRPs because blobbing is bs anyway and FRPs give such a huge advance in infantry play on most big maps especially in the bigger game modes I like to play (I would be enough if all this FRP units/structures would just heal and reinforce without being a retreat point, that would be okay).
26 Feb 2016, 11:55 AM

Lol at people who cry about people crying about New units but cried over New units already themselves (*cough*New 222*cough*)
26 Feb 2016, 11:56 AM

5 cp , 40 fuel, i agree that's ridicolous. 60% chance to wipe mg/at guns. It could be ok , but need 8/10 cp and 80/90 fuel.

90 fuel for a unit that can be destroyed by 1 werfer/stuka barrage? Are you new?
26 Feb 2016, 12:03 PM

Lol at people who cry about people crying about New units but cried over New units already themselves (*cough*New 222*cough*)

I'm not involved at least. As I said business as usual and this goes to both sides.
26 Feb 2016, 12:11 PM

What if I told you that 222 is not new and is in game since release and we all know it and all of its stats and can predict impact of changes on it as opposed to unit that we have seen once for a couple of minutes on stream before?

Can you stop going aaa level mental with posts like this?
26 Feb 2016, 12:15 PM

Some people seem to feel adressed by what I said, lul.
26 Feb 2016, 12:26 PM

5cp soo what ??? stuka zu fus comes earlier :luvDerp:
26 Feb 2016, 12:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2016, 11:56 AMpugzii

90 fuel for a unit that can be destroyed by 1 werfer/stuka barrage? Are you new?

Maybe 70? Now 3 LM cost less than a single calliope. A good player normally after barriages retreat back artillery. Cost/durabilty is not a good single indicator for artillery. You can save them on early game , and werfer will come later. Maybe in late game is hard to keep LM alive, but is too cheap. Now OKW medic hq has no chance. LM every game.
26 Feb 2016, 12:36 PM
Patrion 28

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2016, 11:56 AMpugzii

sounds like a katy/pwerfer.

it's not quite the same since one is a non-retreating setup team and the others are vehicles but they fulfill the same role and all die to rocket artillery the same way.

the difference is that the land mattress can be recrewed and is not vulnerable to AT weapons and tank dives but is slower and is always abandoned, making it easier for the enemy to steal.

this is the first infantry unit that relic has given a fuel cost though and i'm not sure how i feel about it as a special case.
26 Feb 2016, 12:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2016, 07:00 AMJoeH
New commanders will always be op... except for Axis.

The only one freshly OP commander from Axis was free Tiger Ace at the end of 2013. But industry was so duckin op too :D
26 Feb 2016, 12:42 PM

Some people seem to feel adressed by what I said, lul.

So true! :D *cough cough*
26 Feb 2016, 12:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2016, 12:38 PMFrost

The only one freshly OP commander from Axis was free Tiger Ace at the end of 2013. But industry was so duckin op too :D

Assault grens literally wrecked everything so hard at release they had to hotfix them too.

And yes the Land Mattress is quite broken. Ignore the hilarious UI circle on the barrage, it has IDENTICAL scatter to the katyusha in terms of how far back or forward from the target the rockets will hit. It will scatter more to the left and right of the target (angle scatter, 15 for mattress vs 10 for katyusha), but basically used at max range the scatter will be nearly exactly same as it would be on a max range katyusha barrage because the mattress has 30 less range.

In exchange for the slightly larger spread to the left and right and 30 less range, you get better AOE on each rocket and 30 rockets instead of 16, for no tech cost. #BalancedBrits

Edit: 8 --> 10 for katyusha angle
26 Feb 2016, 12:57 PM

^That's right, I forgot about it. Anyone still remember old Osttruppen squad for 160 or even 120 mp who capped points 50% longer? <444>3
26 Feb 2016, 13:10 PM
Honorary Member Badge

If you guys haven't tried the white phos rounds yet, you should- they're hilariously broken. Pinpoint precise at max range, doesn't require any vet, cheap cost, and deletes team weapon crews (yes it kills them, unlike the inferior stuff in USF white phos shells).
26 Feb 2016, 13:13 PM

I'm with the camp that says the unit looks OP.

However, I'm going to try to play the devil's advocate here:
- I'll post some things about the scatter (it's huge, but not in the scale of ur-mom-jokes exactly)

1. AoE profile (OP)

2. Scatter (grace factor)

Edit #1: I misread a value about scatter offset. It's equal to other units
Edit #2: Cruzz beat me to it, it seems :D
26 Feb 2016, 13:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2016, 12:52 PMCruzz

Assault grens literally wrecked everything so hard at release they had to hotfix them too.

And yes the Land Mattress is quite broken. Ignore the hilarious UI circle on the barrage, it has IDENTICAL scatter to the katyusha in terms of how far back or forward from the target the rockets will hit. It will scatter more to the left and right of the target (angle scatter, 15 for mattress vs 8 for katyusha), but basically used at max range the scatter will be nearly exactly same as it would be on a max range katyusha barrage because the mattress has 30 less range.

In exchange for the slightly larger spread to the left and right and 30 less range, you get better AOE on each rocket and 30 rockets instead of 16, for no tech cost. #BalancedBrits

So a double Katyusha that requires 0 tech and is a 5CP 40F callin seems about right. :sibHyena:
26 Feb 2016, 13:27 PM

CalliOP nerfed? LM relised?
The King is dead. HAIL to the King! :snfPeter:
26 Feb 2016, 13:35 PM

PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %