Login

russian armor

Last Relic's stream summary

25 Feb 2016, 12:33 PM
Senior Editor Badge

From reddit:

If you played at least one game on the 17th, 18th and 19th you will be gifted the skin.
So unlike the message from Kyle, which stated you only had to play 1 game durin the period, you had to play one game a day after the announcement.
Perfect communication Relic, how can people take this company serious?
Also:

No new faction planned for the forseeable future

Patch might be postponed to test how fixes for vet-gate work with the new patch. Vet-bug was apparently known off for at least 4 months

New warspoils/bulletin system will still be a progression style system

Explosive grenades will be the only grenades dealing damage to the buildings. Flame and exlposive will still both do damage to garrisoned units, but only explosive grenades will damage the actual building

T-34/76 is being looked at, as is other soviet t4

Ghosting building (e.g. sandbag) is being looked at

https://www.reddit.com/r/CompanyOfHeroes/comments/47ejsj/mwnl_update/
25 Feb 2016, 12:38 PM

Vet-bug was apparently known off for at least 4 months

25 Feb 2016, 12:40 PM

I couldn't read that well, could you please be gentle and post one more text of that phrase with bigger letters. Myopia and astigmatism be damned!
25 Feb 2016, 12:50 PM

@nigo

At no point did relic say anything about looking at Tier 4 in the stream I saw yesterday. Brad even said the T34/76 is fine where its at. Nobody brought up the Su85, or the Katyusha in what I saw.

The only thing that I have ever seen from their streams is that Penals may get buffed, and maxim will be nerffed.

Infact a lot of the answers players got from Brad and Kyle is basically L2P saying " Well low level players may have an issue with that mechanic " and then minutes later they said " Well we don't always take pro's opinions when balancing the game " and then also saying " We try and design the game for players of all levels to enjoy "

Could you be anymore contradicting ? Games either balanced or it's not.. stop hiding behind peoples skill levels and just straight up admit " Yea we got some problems, but we're working on them "
25 Feb 2016, 12:52 PM
Patrion 26

Also the minimum range for USF AT nades will be looked at and might be removed, but it isn't getting a better animation (because ?).

Also they acknowledge that Guards not being able to buy replacement PTRS rifles is probably a bug, which will eventually get fixed.

I was really impressed by the detailed answers provided: 'probably' 'maybe' 'at some point in the future' 'no'.

Also, they are going to look at ways to make Soviet Union tier 4 more worthwhile. (Brad mentioned that near the end of the stream, when someone asked if the T34/76 will be improved to make it worth building).
25 Feb 2016, 13:03 PM

I don't watch their streams anymore. They are so smug when responding to legit issues/questions. It's infuriating.
25 Feb 2016, 13:06 PM

I feel like a lot of their answers point to the idea that RELIC is just trying to keep this game on life support until the next title releases. I'm not a doomsayer but that's the feeling I get when I watch them.

Especially when they say no to an simply animation. The Rifle AT nade has been bugged since launch, at least it would be nice to notice it if it was going to happen. Just copy any animation and throw it on, cause currently you just see a projectile flying out of a model which is shitty.
25 Feb 2016, 13:20 PM

Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2016, 13:06 PMKharn
I feel like a lot of their answers point to the idea that RELIC is just trying to keep this game on life support until the next title releases. I'm not a doomsayer but that's the feeling I get when I watch them.

Especially when they say no to an simply animation. The Rifle AT nade has been bugged since launch, at least it would be nice to notice it if it was going to happen. Just copy any animation and throw it on, cause currently you just see a projectile flying out of a model which is shitty.

They are definitely working on another game, I get that sense too.
25 Feb 2016, 13:55 PM

Fingers crossed, DoW3. Although I hope with a stable financial backing for DoW3 from SEGA they'll have a firmer execution process. I'm not here to hate on RELIC, they've made some of the best RTS games I've ever played. Understanding that THQ went under, a developer died, RELIC had a lot of people leave and then SEGA bought them. You can only imagine how much this can damage a product, I went through a merger and it wasn't pretty.. I can imagine the same thing happened over there.

My Canadian Brethren, I feel you. Just be more open and honest in your Q&A's and actually do a Q&A and not play double british for an hour straight.
25 Feb 2016, 14:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2016, 13:06 PMKharn

What does being on life support even mean in this context? Relic are implementing a lot of changes with the new warspoils system, balance patches etc how is that different from DOTA2?

I would guess that the simple animation isn't so simple, since all the animations were updated using mocap, adding a new one might not be so simple.

Phy
25 Feb 2016, 14:18 PM

25 Feb 2016, 14:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2016, 12:50 PMKharn
@nigo

At no point did relic say anything about looking at Tier 4 in the stream I saw yesterday. Brad even said the T34/76 is fine where its at. Nobody brought up the Su85, or the Katyusha in what I saw.

The only thing that I have ever seen from their streams is that Penals may get buffed, and maxim will be nerffed.

Infact a lot of the answers players got from Brad and Kyle is basically L2P saying " Well low level players may have an issue with that mechanic " and then minutes later they said " Well we don't always take pro's opinions when balancing the game " and then also saying " We try and design the game for players of all levels to enjoy "

Could you be anymore contradicting ? Games either balanced or it's not.. stop hiding behind peoples skill levels and just straight up admit " Yea we got some problems, but we're working on them "

Brad did make a one-off comment about "looking to make Soviet T4 more appealing" but didn't really expand much more on that. To be fair to Relic you're kind of distorting what they said. It was much closer to "Counters exist to different strategies and we aren't going to make balance changes just because some people can't use them properly unless the data shows us otherwise" and "We use feedback from all levels of play except when the ELO between players is far apart because the skill difference distorts the data"

I don't really understand why people expect Brad to be all rainbows and sunshine when 80% of the stream messages from players consist of "Do this unrelated change you've never talked about before!" or just trolling in general. Though it was a pretty stupid idea for him and Kyle to play a scrub 2vs2 match while trying to answer questions. lol
25 Feb 2016, 14:38 PM

If you played at least one game on the 17th, 18th and 19th you will be gifted the skin.
So unlike the message from Kyle, which stated you only had to play 1 game durin the period, you had to play one game a day after the announcement.

I played a game each day and still didn't get any skins... I asked multipule times if the reason for this could be time zone differences but nobody care to give me an answer. Maybe someone here knows anything more? I mean one game each day shure but whats the definitíon of "day"? 17th 23:00 in Germany is already the 18th in say Australia...
25 Feb 2016, 14:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2016, 14:11 PMwuff

What does being on life support even mean in this context? Relic are implementing a lot of changes with the new warspoils system, balance patches etc how is that different from DOTA2?

I would guess that the simple animation isn't so simple, since all the animations were updated using mocap, adding a new one might not be so simple.

Mocap data can be editted and recycled. You don't just take Mocap data and directly apply it to 3d rigs. You still need an artist that interprets it and edits the mocap data. This is often becasue not all mocap comes out perfect and you have to adjust it. My point was that you could of easily just copied another animation and slapped it in rather than having no animation. Just something that could be done..

Generally all of their humanoid models would have the exact same skeleton/3d rig. So every animation should be able to work across any model in the game. An ostruppen could fire a rifle nade if they wanted to because the animations are transferable between all the rigs.

This makes me believe that they have no support from the art team to make these changes because they are busy. It wouldn't require to do mocap all over again just to add it.

Life support, I'm saying this because the changes they are making don't feel that significant. Does nobody remember the earlier days? Theres over 20 commanders of SU and OST and yet there are very few commanders for any of the newer factions. Plus we all know some of those commanders are junk, both old SU/OST and new ones, USF has some crappy ones, OKW, and Royal Artillery is still pretty garbage when you look at the others. It's not down to " complimenting playstyles" Is your play style to lose? because thats what Royal Artillery is.

@EtherealDragon

I guess I was basing it off what they said, and how they reacted to the questions. Brad doesn't have to be rainbow and sunshines, but a lot of their answers were " We have the mod tools, if you don't like the game go make the changes you want yourself and play that way " to things that are clearly bugs, or broken. If anything it should be embarrassing if the community can balance a game for them. The fact a lot of these bugs have existed for well over a year is gross. Does anyone here use the bundle grenade from panzer grenadiers? no? Still crap compared to all of the other grenades in the game? Even partisans chuck way better grenades (which is a carbon copy of guards). Or the fact all soviet tanks get to vet and cap territory, or almost all soviet units get to place trip flares... yet every other army gets interesting vet abilities.

Besides, if you think RELIC getrs a lot of flak on this forum. Don't even bother looking at what reddit thinks of them. Especially the MWNL event where Kyle screwed up the dates for everyone.

25 Feb 2016, 14:47 PM
Benefactor 115

If you dont like the game you can make a mod.
25 Feb 2016, 14:51 PM

[/size]

[size=7]

#esportsready
25 Feb 2016, 14:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2016, 14:51 PMGrim

#esportsready

#notquotereadytho
25 Feb 2016, 15:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2016, 14:41 PMKharn

Mocap data can be editted and recycled. You don't just take Mocap data and directly apply it to 3d rigs. You still need an artist that interprets it and edits the mocap data. This is often becasue not all mocap comes out perfect and you have to adjust it. My point was that you could of easily just copied another animation and slapped it in rather than having no animation. Just something that could be done..

Generally all of their humanoid models would have the exact same skeleton/3d rig. So every animation should be able to work across any model in the game. An ostruppen could fire a rifle nade if they wanted to because the animations are transferable between all the rigs.

This makes me believe that they have no support from the art team to make these changes because they are busy. It wouldn't require to do mocap all over again just to add it.

Life support, I'm saying this because the changes they are making don't feel that significant. Does nobody remember the earlier days? Theres over 20 commanders of SU and OST and yet there are very few commanders for any of the newer factions. Plus we all know some of those commanders are junk, both old SU/OST and new ones, USF has some crappy ones, OKW, and Royal Artillery is still pretty garbage when you look at the others. It's not down to " complimenting playstyles" Is your play style to lose? because thats what Royal Artillery is.

@EtherealDragon

I guess I was basing it off what they said, and how they reacted to the questions. Brad doesn't have to be rainbow and sunshines, but a lot of their answers were " We have the mod tools, if you don't like the game go make the changes you want yourself and play that way " to things that are clearly bugs, or broken. If anything it should be embarrassing if the community can balance a game for them. The fact a lot of these bugs have existed for well over a year is gross. Does anyone here use the bundle grenade from panzer grenadiers? no? Still crap compared to all of the other grenades in the game? Even partisans chuck way better grenades (which is a carbon copy of guards). Or the fact all soviet tanks get to vet and cap territory, or almost all soviet units get to place trip flares... yet every other army gets interesting vet abilities.

Besides, if you think RELIC getrs a lot of flak on this forum. Don't even bother looking at what reddit thinks of them. Especially the MWNL event where Kyle screwed up the dates for everyone.

A riflenade being fired anim is quite unique and without raw mocap data for the animator and animation programmer to work from, it can be quite a bit work to splice together something decent looking, well I guess that is relative.
25 Feb 2016, 15:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Feb 2016, 14:41 PMKharn

@EtherealDragon

Still don't what life support has to do with commanders. There are plenty of unused heroes in LoL and DOTA2.
25 Feb 2016, 15:41 PM

It means they are doing as little as possible to satisfy the community so they don't look like they are ignoring us. Much like the last twitch stream where they barely acknowledged the community :)

Yes warspoils is coming out, but wasn't warspoiled talked about nearly 2 years ago? Think about the lifespan of most games and think to yourself how much longer a game will be supported before it gets dropped.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★