Login

russian armor

Grenades Destroying Buildings

24 Feb 2016, 16:30 PM
Donator 11

FEBRUARY 25TH UPDATE - RELEASE NOTES

• Grenades , Satchel Charges, and other Explosives can now damage buildings

http://www.companyofheroes.com/blog/2016/02/18/february-25th-update-release-notes

Now this is a problem. Ever since Relic removed the ability for grenades to destroy buildings, I've been garrisoning my MGs in the death trap shacks, the wooden suicide buildings, the tiny little watch towers, because I know those buildings are impervious to simple grenades.

That is soon going to change after the 25th and this is a big problem. I understand changing the Satchel but grenades too? One step forward two steps back guys :C

TLDR:
IF grenades can destroy buildings again, half of the buildings in every map becomes useless death traps.
24 Feb 2016, 16:51 PM

I agree here but we will never understand relics mind behind these things, propably they like to ruin their own game :foreveralone:
24 Feb 2016, 17:59 PM
Patrion 39

Wait how much percantage damage does a standard grenade even do to these 'death traps'? Not much, no? Dont hop in a low health building - solved, no?
24 Feb 2016, 18:11 PM

http://www.companyofheroes.com/blog/2016/02/18/february-25th-update-release-notes

Now this is a problem. Ever since Relic removed the ability for grenades to destroy buildings, I've been garrisoning my MGs in the death trap shacks, the wooden suicide buildings, the tiny little watch towers, because I know those buildings are impervious to simple grenades.

That is soon going to change after the 25th and this is a big problem. I understand changing the Satchel but grenades too? One step forward two steps back guys :C

TLDR:
IF grenades can destroy buildings again, half of the buildings in every map becomes useless death traps.

Nades should not, only explosives and satchel charges should. idk why they ever changed it. You're going to have one rifle nades blow up houses again or the axis volley nades again.
24 Feb 2016, 18:12 PM

TLDR:

Nades should not, only explosives and satchel charges should. idk why they ever changed it. You're going to have one rifle nades blow up houses again or the axis volley nades again.
24 Feb 2016, 18:30 PM

Granades should damage buildings because few factions haven't counter to MG shit in buildings (like brits or Ostheers) or even OKW. C'mon guys, git gut and don't stand MG's in buildings like the whole game!
24 Feb 2016, 18:31 PM

Why is there an overreaction to grenades destroying buildings when no one even knows how much damage they will do to them?

If anything, fuck buildings, 1v1s are way too dependent on garrison holding now.
24 Feb 2016, 18:34 PM

Why is there an overreaction to grenades destroying buildings when no one even knows how much damage they will do to them?

If anything, fuck buildings, 1v1s are way too dependent on garrison holding now.

+1, well said, well said
24 Feb 2016, 18:43 PM
Donator 11

As long as satchel deals more damage to building than salvo of infiltration nades there is no problem here. And I hope it will.
24 Feb 2016, 19:07 PM

Assault Grenadier grenade spam after this patch... :foreveralone:
24 Feb 2016, 19:24 PM
Donator 11

Relic just confirmed on stream that standard grenades are going to deal such a little amount to buildings that we shouldn't feel the difference. Only big granades and satchels are going to be meaningly affected.
24 Feb 2016, 19:32 PM

Nades should deal damage to buildings. Especially the small wooden ones. And stone buildings are too tough anyway. Pop into a stone building and you're golden until artillery is on the field.
Cancer with FHQ.
24 Feb 2016, 23:40 PM

If memory serves me correctly, last time this was an issue Relic said Nades and Satchels are effectively programmed to be the same thing, and therefore cannot be distinguished between one another
25 Feb 2016, 00:57 AM

According to the Q&A stream that Relic did earlier today (around the 16:25 mark) only bigger grenades (such as satchel charges and bundle grenades) will be affected by the update and not standard grenades.

They also said the update is meant to act as an awkward bug fix for explosives which weren't doing any building damage when they were supposed to.

Hope the information is useful.
25 Feb 2016, 02:29 AM
Donator 11

According to the Q&A stream that Relic did earlier today (around the 16:25 mark) only bigger grenades (such as satchel charges and bundle grenades) will be affected by the update and not standard grenades.

They also said the update is meant to act as an awkward bug fix for explosives which weren't doing any building damage when they were supposed to.

Hope the information is useful.

That answer was to the question I asked in the Relic stream :P Thanks bro. Yeah this thread has been solved... so standard grenades will not damage buildings hurray
25 Feb 2016, 02:37 AM

Idk why different grenades can do different damage.

For balance rifle nade, soviet elite nade could do less, WFA could do more because they have no real nondoc anti garrison other than grenades and support guns
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 62
unknown 26
United Kingdom 310
United States 11
Germany 1
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W