Login

russian armor

Too many planes.

24 Feb 2016, 14:07 PM

Things that come from the sky...

Strafing support, Air supremacy, p47 strafing runs, artillery cover. I understand the game wasn't meant for 4v4 but can there be some sort of limit on skill planes/cover. Literally all these abilities can be called at once. How about we implement some sort of limit on how many skill planes/abilities can be called concurrently.

24 Feb 2016, 14:18 PM

Its almost like relic wants players to use AA sometimes instead of spamming tanks until the end of times :foreveralone:
24 Feb 2016, 14:19 PM

It's always sad when my teammate's Scoutcar shoots down all the planes, whilst my dedicated OKW AA only get miss. There's clearly a problem with what is supposed to be AA in this game.
24 Feb 2016, 14:20 PM

I'd make a joke about evolving warfare at this point but it might get me in a lot of trouble.
24 Feb 2016, 14:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2016, 14:07 PMGdot
I understand the game wasn't meant for 4v4..
The game was balanced and designed around 4v4,3v3 and 2v2.

Only %5 of the playerbase plays 1v1.
24 Feb 2016, 14:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2016, 14:18 PMKatitof
Its almost like relic wants players to use AA sometimes instead of spamming tanks until the end of times :foreveralone:

Filling my pop cap with AA to counter abilities doesn't seem logical. Especially if your opponent has these abilities + tanks.
24 Feb 2016, 17:15 PM

The game is desinged around 1vs1, it is where 90% of the competive gameplay matches are.
24 Feb 2016, 17:20 PM

The game was balanced and designed around 1v1, where there is any chance to actually balance it.

On a completely unrelated note, what's the latest ETA for the official forums coming up?
24 Feb 2016, 17:30 PM

:(
24 Feb 2016, 19:13 PM

Topic is company of planes - please stick to it.
24 Feb 2016, 19:17 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2016, 14:24 PMGdot

Filling my pop cap with AA to counter abilities doesn't seem logical. Especially if your opponent has these abilities + tanks.

If AA is not worth building even when there are costly plane abilities used all the time then these abilities are actually too weak. I mean they are ment to push you into building AA to counter, if the counter is not worth it then they need the buff.
24 Feb 2016, 19:38 PM

TL;DR: Company of Planes is OK-ish if everyone has easy access to AA. Company of Area Denial is not fine at all in teamgames.

I almost completely agree with Gdot on this. Certain abilities are overwhelming enough on their own that they scale too well on teamgames.

There are certain abilities that are somewhat counterable (e,g, skillplanes). That's OKish
- For most factions: just invest in an AA unit
- For USF/Soviets: :foreveralone:

However, the abilities whose ONLY counterplay is "Oh, just move out of the targetted area" get outright abusive when used in a coordinated manner. These include:
- UKF Artillery Cover
- UKF Air Supremacy
- UKF Mortar Cover
- OKW Assault artillery (try to use two of them on adjacent sectors, see what happens)
- OST Stuka dive bomb
- current CalliOP/Pwerfer
- ... the list goes on

I've no idea how to solve this scalability issue, except for maybe making maps bigger/less bottleneck-y.

Gdot might be referring to an experience of his from last night (I happened to be on the opposing team):
24 Feb 2016, 19:40 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Requiring LoS for abilities to work was a good direction.

If AA were improved such as expensive things are almost guaranteed to take down airplanes immediately (Quad upgrade, AA HT/AA Flak, Ostwind, Centaur) + changes like planes having health (mirage mod), i think it should be fine. I think AA should kill planes faster but have a bit smaller radius instead.
24 Feb 2016, 20:19 PM

TL;DR: Company of Planes is OK-ish if everyone has easy access to AA. Company of Area Denial is not fine at all in teamgames.

I almost completely agree with Gdot on this. Certain abilities are overwhelming enough on their own that they scale too well on teamgames.

There are certain abilities that are somewhat counterable (e,g, skillplanes). That's OKish

However, the abilities whose ONLY counterplay is "Oh, just move out of the targetted area" get outright abusive when used in a coordinated manner. These include:
- UKF Artillery Cover
- UKF Air Supremacy
- UKF Mortar Cover
- OKW Assault artillery (try to use two of them on adjacent sectors, see what happens)
- OST Stuka dive bomb
- current CalliOP/Pwerfer
- ... the list goes on

I've no idea how to solve this scalability issue, except for maybe making maps bigger/less bottleneck-y.

Gdot might be referring to an experience of his from last night (I happened to be on the opposing team):

This is a pretty good summary imo but it lacks a few things. There were also p47s circling. It wasn't like it was one swift motion where these abilities were used, they seemed to be constantly in the air for the last 10 minutes of the game (RAF superbombs was called in twice). I appreciate you doing so but its not necessary to ask permission to post.
24 Feb 2016, 20:50 PM

First statement is totally wrong, Relic has stated that their main balance focus is towards 1v1. And it's logical tbh.

http://coh2chart.com/ This proves that all game modes are played relatively equally, except for 3v3s.

But yeah, most of the skill planes in this game are just retarded.
24 Feb 2016, 20:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2016, 20:19 PMGdot

This is a pretty good summary imo but it lacks a few things. There were also p47s circling. It wasn't like it was one swift motion where these abilities were used, they seemed to be constantly in the air for the last 10 minutes of the game (RAF superbombs was called in twice). I appreciate you doing so but its not necessary to ask permission to post.

The USF guy went for the Repairshing commander; as such we had no access to P47s or other loiters.

I've uploaded the replay here, if that helps better illustrate your point:
https://www.coh2.org/replay/49749/company-of-area-denials-feat-piat-commandos

List of Area Denials featured in this film:

24 Feb 2016, 21:15 PM

24 Feb 2016, 21:26 PM

The game was balanced and designed around 1v1, where there is any chance to actually balance it.

That is funny because the average player is literally afraid of 1v1 where balance is non existent.

The game is desinged around 1vs1, it is where 90% of the competive gameplay matches are.

That is funny because the average player is literally afraid of 1v1 where balance is non existent, and being competetive means you do the same goddamn thing over and over or just buy P2W bullshit( Old stug-e, prenerf ez8, m5quadUSF etc)
jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2016, 20:50 PMTNrg

http://coh2chart.com/ This proves that all game modes are played relatively equally, except for 3v3s.
No. A 4v4 game involves 8 players while a 1v1 involves 2. You can just count the live game in observation list and see it for rourself.

:wub:Sorry for the rage, I'm on my period honey.
24 Feb 2016, 23:20 PM

That is funny because the average player is literally afraid of 1v1 where balance is non existent.

That is funny because the average player is literally afraid of 1v1 where balance is non existent, and being competetive means you do the same goddamn thing over and over or just buy P2W bullshit( Old stug-e, prenerf ez8, m5quadUSF etc)
No. A 4v4 game involves 8 players while a 1v1 involves 2. You can just count the live game in observation list and see it for rourself.

:wub:Sorry for the rage, I'm on my period honey.

25 Feb 2016, 01:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2016, 14:24 PMGdot

Why? You need to counter the counter. Just build Paks and AA
Plus AA gets vet from plane kills, and you can use it against infantry as well

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2016, 14:18 PMKatitof

I agree and quite like the addition of planes.

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2016, 14:07 PMGdot
Things that come from the sky...

Strafing support, Air supremacy, p47 strafing runs, artillery cover. I understand the game wasn't meant for 4v4 but can there be some sort of limit on skill planes/cover. Literally all these abilities can be called at once. How about we implement some sort of limit on how many skill planes/abilities can be called concurrently.

I sent this to Relic feedback on your behalf in an email, their reply was, and I quote:
"You mad bro?"

What the fuck are you smoking? That quad AA rips planes to shreds, and costs significantly less than an Ostwind
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★