Login

russian armor

Can infantry be more responsive?

5 Jul 2013, 14:43 PM

Now it is almost impossible to dodge nades / Molotovs unless you start moving them while the thrower starting its animation.

I have almost no problems dodging nades in CoH1, but it is impossible to do anything here. Stupid grens love bathing in fire, I told them thousands time to move away, they keeep standing in the fucking fire.

Relic, please, do something to the infantry movement?
5 Jul 2013, 15:49 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

I've heard that repeatedly giving move orders kinda resets their movement, no idea if it's actually true
5 Jul 2013, 15:54 PM
Benefactor 115

varies on the quality of the connection, I've had decent responsive games and really shitty laggy ones.
5 Jul 2013, 16:05 PM

+1, my grens like always be cooked as chickens
5 Jul 2013, 16:18 PM

I have found microing infantry a little clunky as well. Seems less responsive then you'd hope at times.
5 Jul 2013, 16:40 PM

Now it is almost impossible to dodge nades / Molotovs unless you start moving them while the thrower starting its animation.

I have almost no problems dodging nades in CoH1, but it is impossible to do anything here. Stupid grens love bathing in fire, I told them thousands time to move away, they keeep standing in the fucking fire.

Relic, please, do something to the infantry movement?

+1
5 Jul 2013, 17:30 PM

Not sure, but I think that burning units (not dead guys running on fire) have their own movement script which interfere with the "run to that direction" movement orders.
Like in vcoh, sometimes it's hard to get out of the range of a flamer because your guys just jump around.

varies on the quality of the connection, I've had decent responsive games and really shitty laggy ones.

And there is nothing to do with connexion issues.
5 Jul 2013, 18:31 PM
1 of 2 Relic postsRelic 7 Jul 2013, 21:10 PM
Developer Relic Badge

You might be experiencing reaction behavior which results when something like a tank shell hits an area near infantry. This results in the user losing temporary control of the squad as they react to the oncoming fire.

Consider this an added property of certain attacks. A flamethrower or PTRS can both cause this type of behavior as an example.
7 Jul 2013, 21:35 PM

Permanently Banned
it is happening when there is lag in the game, there is about 3 second delay between order and unit reaction :/ and this is not the unit's behavior, it is sometimes happening in the beginning of the game.
The main problem is the conscripts dont yell when they drop molotov like the grenadiers the nades, + p2p is crap.
7 Jul 2013, 21:41 PM

You might be experiencing reaction behavior which results when something like a tank shell hits an area near infantry. This results in the user losing temporary control of the squad as they react to the oncoming fire.

Consider this an added property of certain attacks. A flamethrower or PTRS can both cause this type of behavior as an example.

NO this happens almost ALL THE TIME. 1 squad versus another, NO TANKS, or MOTARS or anything in the area. Dodging grenades needs to be easier. Also, NO ONE in ther RIGHT mind RUNS INTO FIRE, so why do some of my troops!?!
7 Jul 2013, 21:49 PM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2013, 21:41 PMTheDGN
Also, NO ONE in ther RIGHT mind RUNS INTO FIRE, so why do some of my troops!?!

Maybe they're trying to earn veterancy.
7 Jul 2013, 21:51 PM

Yup experienced this as well. Infantry is very unresponsive. Even without nades or so. Just try to move towards one direction and then right away to the other. They will keep moving for another second or so, before changing direction.
2 of 2 Relic postsRelic 7 Jul 2013, 22:30 PM
Developer Relic Badge

The second possibility is there is lag between you and the other player. This will also result in unresponsive behavior.
7 Jul 2013, 22:48 PM

So it is intended that they sometimes roll and crawl around on the ground? Good to know... I wonder why it happens without explosives or PTRS/flamer so often though :/
7 Jul 2013, 23:34 PM

Glad to see I'm not the only one noticing that infantry response seems a bit sluggish compared to the beta or vCoH. Dodging moltovs seems very difficult even if you see the animation starting now.
7 Jul 2013, 23:49 PM

Permanently Banned
The "Molotovs are easy to dodge" sentiment is a pile of crap.

Not only does the squad bug out due to a member spontaeously combusting, but it doesnt react either for an immediate dodge. Micro requires a 2-3s reaction BEFORE thr Molotov isthrown to not suffer the immediate hit with its fking criticals on Ostheer.
8 Jul 2013, 00:03 AM

Amusingly right after I made my previous post in this thread I lost an entire Pioneer squad to a moltov on impact. Needless to say I tried to dodge when the animation started up to no avail.
8 Jul 2013, 02:02 AM

The "Molotovs are easy to dodge" sentiment is a pile of crap.

Not only does the squad bug out due to a member spontaeously combusting, but it doesnt react either for an immediate dodge. Micro requires a 2-3s reaction BEFORE thr Molotov isthrown to not suffer the immediate hit with its fking criticals on Ostheer.

You're sort of correct in that it does require ~2 seconds to clear a grenade most of the time. That's why the Molotov is the easiest to dodge: it has the longest and most obvious animation windup of them all. It detonates on contact so you have to be moving before the grenade is thrown. I find that unless my attention is split in too many directions Molotovs are easy to spot and thus dodge.

Other grenades don't have obvious animations but have a timer before they explode so you get a slight tradeoff.

All in all though, I sort of agree with the original post that infantry responsiveness sucks. Is it worse than the original CoH? I dunno, but it ain't better!
8 Jul 2013, 02:15 AM

Grenade blast radius is so small you only need to move a very small distance to reduce the damage significantly.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight