Login

russian armor

HTinfrared need a cooldown

23 Feb 2016, 04:04 AM

how about playing more than 11 1v1's in total? then you would have a better understanding of the this game

And maybe with your lack of team games you shouldn't comment on team game issues.
23 Feb 2016, 04:09 AM

Anyone who hasn't used these before should give it a crack. To test how broken this is I tested it out in a random 4v4 because lets face it this is made for larger game modes in mind and with 1 HTinfrared, 5 HTstukas and a Jtiger got the following:

result = exactly 250 infantry kills with HTstukas and 49k damage with Jtiger. Fun times.
23 Feb 2016, 04:11 AM

People hardly use them....

Team games, man. Team games.
23 Feb 2016, 04:39 AM

I think it is mostly fine, it is paper can die from anything, give it manual setup, that once setup can't be moved but can turn at same spot, and have to press button again to un-setup and give 5 sec unsetup time. so it can't run away from flanking infantry as easy.
23 Feb 2016, 10:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2016, 04:04 AMGumboot

And maybe with your lack of team games you shouldn't comment on team game issues.

there aren't such things as "team game issues", because team games itself are the issue
23 Feb 2016, 10:48 AM

I hardly see it, maybe its more a 3v3/4v4 unit. I do believe its bugged and permanently shows units on tac map.
23 Feb 2016, 13:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2016, 22:57 PMGhostTX

Who needs call-ins? Camouflaged Raketen? Camouflaged sniper? As I was alluding to, using those units to scout involves risks. Air recon has risk (being able to be shot down). Using the IR HT has zero risks. Park it in the back and rain Stukas/Paznerwerfens to your hearts content. Don't need to concern yourself of where the Allies last were, it's ALWAYS scanning. Meanwhile, Allies should smartly always keep their units moving or out of range of the IR HT since they don't know when the arty will come. Micro, micro, micro while Axis Zzzzz's without risk.

OKW doesn't have a Camouflaged sniper and the Camouflaged Raketen moves at a snail's pace. Also the risk of losing the Raketen is losing 270MP and giving the Allies a cloaking AT gun that can retreat, while using the Ari Recon is losing 80munis... Yeah give me the Air Recon every time.
23 Feb 2016, 14:03 PM

Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2016, 04:04 AMGumboot

Hashtag rekt.
23 Feb 2016, 17:17 PM

OKW doesn't have a Camouflaged sniper and the Camouflaged Raketen moves at a snail's pace. Also the risk of losing the Raketen is losing 270MP and giving the Allies a cloaking AT gun that can retreat, while using the Ari Recon is losing 80munis... Yeah give me the Air Recon every time.

Jaegers are camo sniper unit, Falls are another camo unit (and camo on retreat no less), Fusilliers have insane LoS, not to mention camo'd Luchs or JPIV (which gets site improvements at vet 2?) or Goliath, or the CmdPanther giving better site at vet 0. Oh and the cheapest recon arty in the game, which cannot be shot down, makes no sound, and gives near instant vision on command. These are already scout units, and to top that they have a scout unit which gives LoS all the time and cannot be denied because its health is high enough to survive and move under artillery fire, and it sits far enough back you will never get close to hitting it.

Not sure exactly how to fix this unit but in team games provides an unfair advantage for sure. For one thing its fuel cost should be brought in line with current OKW fuel incomes, it was lowered to allow this unit a place but was never modified after this.
23 Feb 2016, 17:53 PM
Donator 11

Considering how we've never seen one in ESL? Have we? Don't nerf it... :C
23 Feb 2016, 19:55 PM

Jaegers are camo sniper unit, Falls are another camo unit (and camo on retreat no less), Fusilliers have insane LoS, not to mention camo'd Luchs or JPIV (which gets site improvements at vet 2?) or Goliath, or the CmdPanther giving better site at vet 0. Oh and the cheapest recon arty in the game, which cannot be shot down, makes no sound, and gives near instant vision on command. These are already scout units, and to top that they have a scout unit which gives LoS all the time and cannot be denied because its health is high enough to survive and move under artillery fire, and it sits far enough back you will never get close to hitting it.

Not sure exactly how to fix this unit but in team games provides an unfair advantage for sure. For one thing its fuel cost should be brought in line with current OKW fuel incomes, it was lowered to allow this unit a place but was never modified after this.

I agree it could use a little tweak for team games, but some of the suggestions in this thread have been over-nerfs for a unit that does ZERO combat damage, but takes up Pop cap and costs fuel(you say its fuel hasn't been adjusted, but remember it used to not have a fuel cost at all).
23 Feb 2016, 21:11 PM

Ya, that's the risk to scouting with units. You RISK losing the MP. Like you RISK losing 80 muni and plane that barely flies one pass.

This. Axis have TONs of units that can scout. USF's is all doc based, other than the Major's Air recon. So having the ghey IR HT is just icing on the cake for Axis teams.

I agree it could use a little tweak for team games, but some of the suggestions in this thread have been over-nerfs for a unit that does ZERO combat damage, but takes up Pop cap and costs fuel(you say its fuel hasn't been adjusted, but remember it used to not have a fuel cost at all).

I'd say let the IR scan cost fuel or muni, the cooldown or a little bit of both. Something that keeps the IR from being constantly on.

23 Feb 2016, 21:15 PM

as long as there are free recon planes for brits, pls lock this thread

This.
23 Feb 2016, 23:03 PM

there aren't such things as "team game issues", because team games itself are the issue

Your right ignore the vast majority of the player base that will make COH2 better. My mistake.

Id of suggested balancing the game on 1v1 then change resource income on team games to match the balance game mode but your idea is probably better and we just disable team games.

23 Feb 2016, 23:25 PM

The Infrared HT really comes down to specific maps. For team games it works out well on maps like Lienne Forest, where 70% of the map is ignored, or maps with heavy chokepoints and/or building complexes (pretty much every non 1v1 map other than like, Steppes.) But that's the thing in large team games you virtually know where your opponents are at all times because there's hardly any space: pick a chokepoint on your opponent's half of the map and watch the vet come in.
Uhu
23 Feb 2016, 23:26 PM

How about making IR-HT require you to set up manually, similar to the 'healing' ability on the USF ambulance. The IR-HT is immobile while in scanning mode, and you have to de-select the scan mode to move it again. It will have a cooldown before making the option available again. The unit still performs the same way, it just has a minor disadvantage while it is active.
23 Feb 2016, 23:27 PM

I hardly see it
/thread
24 Feb 2016, 10:22 AM
Patrion 14

At higher level teamgames it gives a big advantage cause you can react alot faster then the other team can work togheter. It's an ultimate tool for you know when you can counter harass, it just forces the enemy team to stick to one side.

In 1s it's fine.

I would suggest a set up time or a fuel cost at least.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment