Should I&R pathfinders be nerfed?
Option Distribution Votes
41%
59%
Total votes: 17
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
22 Feb 2016, 10:18 AM

Points about pay to win some seem to overlook

1. There have been two company heroes game in 10 years, which is pretty modest. *cough cough CoD, Total War, Battlefield, Assassins creed cough cough*, I means lets face it, if there had been like 5 in the last ten years a lot of you would have gotten more than 2.
2. There are decent free commanders. Eg. Guard Motor, Shock Rifle, Luftwaffe ground forces and Jaeger Armour.
3. You can get everything from warspoils (well technically, good luck getting all the rare commanders you want)
4. Paying for a good commander isn't instantly gonna make you win.
5. And unrelated don't flood the balance forum with erma gawd someone beat me by spamming I&R pathfinders with decoy flares must be OP QQ relik nerf plox
6. As most of you would be capitalist you would believe in a companies right to make money.

Love ya
22 Feb 2016, 10:21 AM

Banned
Dis thread gave me

22 Feb 2016, 10:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2016, 10:21 AMTEKOA
Dis thread gave me

Love ya
22 Feb 2016, 10:27 AM

What ever makes you sleep at night OP.

Its one thing to make money but its another thing to make money like the way RELIC/SEGA is doing it.
Look at the UKF commanders. The 3 with the faction and the extra 3 you can purchase. I could go on but i wont.
I rest my case.
22 Feb 2016, 10:30 AM

I do think the game is pay to win...to an extent. The thread is literally called "Points about pay to win some seem to overlook" not this game isn't pay to win.

Also if you have bought the western front armies or UKF it means you are willing to put extra money into this game.
22 Feb 2016, 10:55 AM

I bought UKF but not the extra 3 commanders (same price as the UKF Army with 3 commanders :loco:).
And the extra 3 are much better.
Look which commanders are being used from top players...
22 Feb 2016, 10:59 AM

I bought UKF but not the extra 3 commanders (same price as the UKF Army with 3 commanders :loco:).
And the extra 3 are much better.
Look which commanders are being used from top players...

Yeah, the new commanders look really strong aswell.
22 Feb 2016, 11:24 AM

I like the people who think P2win means you pay to win literally.

If you can purchase stuff which (even slightly) increases your Chances to win it's P2win per Definition.
Warspoil isnt even an argument in it's current state.
how many Premium commanders are ingame? 15? Based on my experience i will need 15*250h to get them so something about 3000-4000 hours just to be on an equal playing ground as my opponent.

But but you can get them for free banana? ! Yes that Statement would be very true if the game would be an f2p title, but I paid a full price game and i expect to have a "full" game.

B-b-But you cant spare 3€ for such an awesome game? Are you job less? No but its much more about principles than about having the money to buy them. I wont Support such dick-ish (is that even a Word lol?) Dlc policy.
22 Feb 2016, 11:35 AM

how many Premium commanders are ingame? 15? Based on my experience i will need 15*250h to get them so something about 3000-4000 hours just to be on an equal playing ground as my opponent.

RIP
22 Feb 2016, 11:39 AM

B-b-But you cant spare 3€ for such an awesome game? Are you job less? No but its much more about principles than about having the money to buy them. I wont Support such dick-ish (is that even a Word lol?) Dlc policy.

This This THIS!
22 Feb 2016, 11:39 AM

RIP

You seem to be on the same IQ level as dolan duck
22 Feb 2016, 11:42 AM

You seem to be on the same IQ level as dolan duck

Why?
22 Feb 2016, 11:45 AM

Why?

My bad missread, Shame on me. The whole dlc policy just makes me tilting like there is no tomorrow. I apologize
22 Feb 2016, 15:45 PM

If you can purchase stuff which (even slightly) increases your Chances to win it's P2win per Definition.

But but you can get them for free banana? ! Yes that Statement would be very true if the game would be an f2p title, but I paid a full price game and i expect to have a "full" game.

But but but... I got all of those commanders for free through warspoils. Farming through the night while I sleep (electricity bill not included)

On another note, there's that warspoils closed alpha testing. There might be a change in warspoils in the coming future.
22 Feb 2016, 16:37 PM

Don´t take me wrong, not accussing you about anything, not saying you are wrong, but, each time I see someone saying something like "I paid for a full game, I don´t want to pay more than I did, coz I paid for a full game..." I always ask myself same questions:

Didn´t he know when purchasing COH2 that more factions, and more commanders were to come? if not, then it´s his fault for paying money for something he doesn´t know....if yes, I don´t know what he is whinning about it....

and I mean, if I bougth a new car, I know if it is 4wrd or 2wrd, I know if it is a diesel one or not, I know if it has air conditining or not....and thus, I don´t blame the carmaker coz my car has no six gears, it only has five!!! I have paid for a full car and I want six gears as my mate´s car....no, you paid for a car with five gears, and that is what you got....

of course, it is different thing if you blame relic coz you paid for a commander like "Rifle company" coz you love playing this game with flame rifles or the "Tiger ace" commander, and then, they changed the commander...ok, you should blame relic for that, they sold something to you, and then after grabing your money, they changed the properties of that item you have paid for.....I get this is not fair and some can be frustrated for that, or even feeling they were cheated by Relic....

Again, just sharing my opinion, not saying people who say that is wrong or something.....

Sorry for offtopic.
22 Feb 2016, 20:47 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It should be moved to lobby and that poll should be changed/removed.

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2016, 16:37 PMFul4n0
snipe

"Didn´t he know when purchasing COH2 that more factions, and more commanders were to come? if not, then it´s his fault for paying money for something he doesn´t know....if yes, I don´t know what he is whinning about it...."

I'm sure someone can link it but the CM or some developer specifically said prior to release that DLC won't have any effect on gameplay. I know, i know, THQ debacle, "Premium limited editions" and yadayadaya. I think we have discussed that for a lot of time.

There's a new warspoil system around the corner, so i don't think it's worth to complain about P2W rather than how the system should be implemented.

For me it's simple: selling factions is perfectly fine but commanders is not. There should be a grindable but not RNG way to get them (see old Assault support for OH) or have them available to use but they should degrade if you don't buy/unlock them.
This is not a F2P and we are on an RTS.
The fact that if you want to play competitively you need this is kinda sad:

The fact that commanders are more expensive than the game or faction is even more sad.
22 Feb 2016, 21:40 PM

It should be moved to lobby and that poll should be changed/removed.

"Didn´t he know when purchasing COH2 that more factions, and more commanders were to come? if not, then it´s his fault for paying money for something he doesn´t know....if yes, I don´t know what he is whinning about it...."

I'm sure someone can link it but the CM or some developer specifically said prior to release that DLC won't have any effect on gameplay. I know, i know, THQ debacle, "Premium limited editions" and yadayadaya. I think we have discussed that for a lot of time.

There's a new warspoil system around the corner, so i don't think it's worth to complain about P2W rather than how the system should be implemented.

For me it's simple: selling factions is perfectly fine but commanders is not. There should be a grindable but not RNG way to get them (see old Assault support for OH) or have them available to use but they should degrade if you don't buy/unlock them.
This is not a F2P and we are on an RTS.
The fact that if you want to play competitively you need this is kinda sad:

The fact that commanders are more expensive than the game or faction is even more sad.

Wait, are you telling me I have a statistically better chance of winning as OST if I choose no doctrine over Lightning War?!?! :hansREKT:

I love that one guy who picked NKVD rifle disruption :hansGG:

In all seriousness something about this data seems a little off. Although I'm honestly not surprised that the majority of players who go heavy Calvary win.
22 Feb 2016, 21:55 PM

That took me with the guard down
22 Feb 2016, 22:08 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Ah, Penguinov, Katitov's old nemesis.
23 Feb 2016, 00:59 AM

Points about pay to win some seem to overlook

1. There have been two company heroes game in 10 years, which is pretty modest. *cough cough CoD, Total War, Battlefield, Assassins creed cough cough*, I means lets face it, if there had been like 5 in the last ten years a lot of you would have gotten more than 2.

Another way of looking at is that there's been vCoH1, Opposing Fronts (ToV doesn't really count), CoH2, WFA, and then Brits. There was also CoH2's long detour into Ardennes Assault.

All of those were full releases. You could be anywhere from 2-5 releases off in saying there's only been 2 CoH games.

And then there was Company of Heroes Online.

Just sayin'.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 59
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak