Login

russian armor

Patch as a trick to sell commanders?

aaa
21 Feb 2016, 11:26 AM

Feb 25 patch.
Seemengly With current meta there is no way to do anything against sniper.
Previous counter - t3 units rush will be hard countered by those 222s. Plus with 222 multiple buffs they dont need to spend muni on anything but tellers.

Previously one could rush for t3 unit with 1-2 squads disadvantage and get reward if axis player didnt prepare for it. Now it wont work.

To get 222 axis invest in tech 440\70. To have same unit types and abilities of the same type you must get t1, t2, t3 and grenades unlock. 685/140! Units themselves cost more than 222 also.

Cant skeep any of those without geting into disadvatgeous position in terms of units mix. Skip only AI grenades compared to what axis has.
Existing way out is use of non free commanders, at partisans and tank hunter(both of them have no late game so you must win in mid). To kill that 222.

Its obvious that you cant let 222 to get vet2. Cuz its the same as vision hack. Vet2 222 has a lot more vision than vet3 t70 in recon mode when it cant shot.

So its logical to estimate that they put players into position when they have to buy at least 1 commander to have any chance vs early OH units. After they will just nerf 222 and possibly commanders introducing new meta where you must buy smth again.
And more importantly learn again how to play this not easy game.

///////////////////////////////////
Edit. my bad its not a trick to sell comanders but that sniper+222 combo is really strong now even.
Can they consider this?
1. Make t70 reveal sniper in recon mod
2. Make sov sniper have the same camo\hp 1 model as others at the cost of lowering farerate. But first shot he must take as fast.
3. Make 5 sec camo on the move as purshaseable upgrade to all. To avoid bold sniper abuse early vs non sniper openings

To those who say dealing with current axis sniper is l2p issue. Watch top1 player with all facs lost 43 units to it including own sniper. Who was killed purely cuz it shots slower.

21 Feb 2016, 12:14 PM

In your words: You can build Zis right from the start, whereas the 222 comes at 5mins IF the ost player is rushing for it.
But then again, I look at your name, I look at your playercard and just laugh over it...
aaa
21 Feb 2016, 13:33 PM

there is no such thing as rush to 222. Rush is when you invest in tech while having disadvatage in units. Getting OH T2 units is just a normal development considering low cost of T2 and T1 and the fact that you need t2 units almost any game. OH have 1 extra squad when teching to 222. No risk asosiated with tech investment.
21 Feb 2016, 13:37 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Let the meta settle after patch and then you can create whine threads Jesus Christ
21 Feb 2016, 14:32 PM

you really think they would do such things?? really? like make things really really stronk to sell stuff? noo way i dont believe that:snfPeter:
21 Feb 2016, 14:45 PM

Admins.
I understand the concept of free speech and all, but why don't u police just a little bit more and weed these posts out before they settle in?

Poster,
I understand the concept of free speech and all, but why don't u think stuff over for a couple of minutes before hitting the actual post button?
aaa
21 Feb 2016, 14:57 PM

i used to ingnore scrubs behind internet shield that constantly try to provoke shit flying circus here
21 Feb 2016, 14:57 PM

Christ almighty. Why is this guy still here, all he does is whine about Soviets, and not even real problems.
21 Feb 2016, 15:04 PM

Christ almighty. Why is this guy still here, all he does is whine about Soviets, and not even real problems.

Because he is the troll coh2.org deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
aaa
21 Feb 2016, 15:07 PM

Im not trool. I bring the specific data showing how imbalanced game will become with upcoming changes.
Then came people who dont say anything relevant or logical started just shitt literelly.
21 Feb 2016, 15:30 PM

I'm trying to find the connection between the 222 going to be OP vs soviets and this somehow getting more ppl to buy British commanders. I don't see any connection.

If you really don't want to invest in an ATG like Wehr has to do every game, then get guards. There are loads of good soviet commanders with guards. Plus they retain their AI and don't cost munis unlike pgrens.
21 Feb 2016, 15:39 PM

222 manpower cost and popcap should have been increased along with HP buff. With its current cost 2 or 3 armored cars will destroy anything at 5 to 10 minute mark.

It is gonna be same as quad meta or even worse :snfPeter:
21 Feb 2016, 15:49 PM

Reminds me of when the ingame store got released with a big balance patch.

Hype was: get ready for a huge balance patch, love relic.

Reality was: Here you go bois the much anticipated balance patch coupled with the in-game store update
21 Feb 2016, 15:52 PM

222 manpower cost and popcap should have been increased along with HP buff. With its current cost 2 or 3 armored cars will destroy anything at 5 to 10 minute mark.

People, it's a 33% health increase, the 222 will still be vulnerable to basic small arms. Currently an AT grenade kills most of it's health and all but knocks out it's engine. Relic didn't buff it's gun or it's armor, just the HP, Guards and Maxims will be able to kill these pretty easily. By going multiples 222s, the Ost player gives up map prescence. For every Scout Car, that is one less squad on the field.
21 Feb 2016, 15:55 PM

aaa
21 Feb 2016, 16:38 PM

I'm trying to find the connection between the 222 going to be OP vs soviets and this somehow getting more ppl to buy British commanders. I don't see any connection.

Maybe you missed ive said about sov 2 old commanders that they wanna seel. Sure i have them as well as all british. But it loooks like they just gonna milk players patch after patch this way.

the 222 will still be vulnerable to basic small arms. Currently an AT grenade kills most of it's health

you just talk whatever shit comes to you head and dont care to verify thta grenade takes only like 40% of its health. To engage 320MP unit with infantry one must be real idiot even from GC.

Not trying to insult anyone - its useless for me.
Being a bad player think i still play better than 95% of the coh2 playersbase. Most of them are 2v4 scrubs.
thats why Its kind of hard to find a common lang. I was ranked 2100 in one of chess sites - its like top 15% out of many active players. So I should know smth about strats and tactics.

aaa
21 Feb 2016, 16:41 PM

quad require 2 atg shots or mine and 1 shot. This 222 if they dont ninja change anything will also require 2shots or 2 grenades and 1 shot. Will most likely kill quad as well as t70 - or at least it will be even fight against a lot more expensive units. Not to mention m3 and usf m20.
And remember timing of those units. Its like M5 would be fighting normaly against P4
21 Feb 2016, 16:43 PM

222 is so OP...

Unit that is almost never built, is now super OP that everyone builds and it rekts everything. Mission who builds more 222's and wins games with 6+ 222's owning everything --> comets ---> tanks ---> at grenades ---> who cares 222 have 33% hp buff...
21 Feb 2016, 16:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2016, 16:43 PMThamor
222 is so OP...

Unit that is almost never built, is now super OP that everyone builds and it rekts everything. Mission who builds more 222's and wins games with 6+ 222's owning everything --> comets ---> tanks ---> at grenades ---> who cares 222 have 33% hp buff...

While I have same feelings for the OP as other people in this thread, perhaps you should be reminded what happened when AEC had a small change to a single attribute recently?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★