Login

russian armor

No fuel cost for UC....

18 Feb 2016, 23:49 PM

Patch notes have been updated so after the 25th there is no good reason not to play the Universal Carrier challenge! Thank you Relic. :D

Think this will be a powerful change to the Meta, whilst the UC is awful having a 210MP unit which can cap with Vanguard and which doesn't cause manpower drain ( provided you can keep it alive!) could help a lot in the early game. No loss of teching ability and a bit of added field presence...

I can see the Wasp being quite useful now and even base UCs to harass everything except Volks and Grens. Also the pathing changes, provided they don't continue reversing into combat.

My triple UC opening might finally win a game!

19 Feb 2016, 16:18 PM

I've never considered the fuel cost to be a reason not to go for the UC. Mostly I skip it because it is a god awful unit.
19 Feb 2016, 16:23 PM
19 Feb 2016, 16:25 PM
Admin Red  Badge

Finally! I can use it as a flanker, without having to worry about the fuel set back. Will be a great help against buildings in the mid to late game. Assuming I don't run into a mine for the eleventh time :p
19 Feb 2016, 16:47 PM

I personally like the change - I still won't bother with it versus Ostheer because its it's pretty much dead once 222 appears and fausts are a PITA. OKW though I see myself building it more regularly for Kubels - I think it also would be interesting to experiment with on larger maps as a troop transport for your starting squad to rush a key building or harass fuel/cut-off.

The fuel wasn't a *big* deal but it certainly didn't help matters given the UC's performance. Every time it inevitably died it more often than not didn't make big enough of a difference vs. getting AEC/Cromwell sooner. Another thing to keep in mind is this means that you can get out a supporter Sapper faster as well so it won't be useless if damaged while you wait to Tech up. Might be fun to play with Sappers and UC as a ghetto clown car
19 Feb 2016, 19:33 PM

Kubel is no fuel, i don't see the problem
20 Feb 2016, 01:40 AM

Kubel is no fuel, i don't see the problem

Well. If you don't see a problem with no-fuel early-game light vehicles, then I am willing to bet that you haven't played CoH1 after the release of Opposing fronts:

Pushing wins games.
20 Feb 2016, 04:53 AM

Well. If you don't see a problem with no-fuel early-game light vehicles, then I am willing to bet that you haven't played CoH1 after the release of Opposing fronts:

Pushing wins games.

Yeah but unlike COH1, gren got faust right out of the bat while COH1 volk need to wait for Skirmish Phase. No fuel vehicle benefit Axis more than Allied.
20 Feb 2016, 07:10 AM

Yeah but unlike COH1, gren got faust right out of the bat while COH1 volk need to wait for Skirmish Phase. No fuel vehicle benefit Axis more than Allied.

OKW is a good match up against UKF anyway so no remorse for UC breaking up the enemy squads while IS rain bullets.
20 Feb 2016, 10:52 AM

no fuel for command vehicle and FREE recon :)
20 Feb 2016, 17:26 PM

Late game I found them to be quite useful for capping vps and the like under machine gun fire. Also for hunting paks and mortars.

The fact that they provide green cover even when destroyed had some impact though!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight