Login

russian armor

British Mortar range is too damn high

21 Feb 2016, 01:27 AM

Just replace the pits with the common mortar which has shorter range. Everyone will be happy.400MP/8pop for 2 mortar squard which has the longest range is not bad anyway.I'm not saying it's OP but it should not be set into immobile emplacements imo.
21 Feb 2016, 02:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2016, 21:29 PMTobis
They can't move. Other mortars can. This justifies the range.

Does it justify their near immortality and the fact that it has two? Hell no.
21 Feb 2016, 03:02 AM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2016, 06:16 AMVuther
It definitely ain't right how there's maps where the Mortar Pit can cover two VPs at once (Faymonville comes to mind), making the thing pretty unkillable until one can actually get tanks.

This is pretty much on all 2v2 maps like that, it just makes you forced to micro while cap he sits back and jerks off Kappa
21 Feb 2016, 04:45 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Does it justify their near immortality and the fact that it has two? Hell no.

1. It's not immortal, you just need to bait the brace and attack 30 seconds later when it will die easily.

2. The second mortar is weaker and does less damage.
21 Feb 2016, 05:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2016, 04:45 AMTobis

1. It's not immortal, you just need to bait the brace and attack 30 seconds later when it will die easily.

Really so can you show the stat please, I've always thought the two mortars are identical.
21 Feb 2016, 06:09 AM

I believe candy crush saga has a discount sale for anyone who can't combat emplacements.

What next? Whingeing threads about how op the Universal Carrier is? Complaints about the panther needing more frontal armour? Please relic buff the shrecks and decrease its price cos my mummy says im speshul.

Someday try taking a schwerer out then come back and explain what was so difficult about a bloody mortar pit.

In thinking the collective noun for window lickers should be axisparaphiliacs.
21 Feb 2016, 06:20 AM

I believe candy crush saga has a discount sale for anyone who can't combat emplacements.

What next? Whingeing threads about how op the Universal Carrier is? Complaints about the panther needing more frontal armour? Please relic buff the shrecks and decrease its price cos my mummy says im speshul.

Someday try taking a schwerer out then come back and explain what was so difficult about a bloody mortar pit.

In thinking the collective noun for window lickers should be axisparaphiliacs.

UC as a command vehicle is kinda OP actually. Free recon almost constantly and against Ostheer this counters all sniper play. Hans vs Barton definitely showed this.

Emplacements are mostly just an issue for Ostheer in 2v2 scenario. Especially Mortar Pit behind shot blocker that covers 2 VPs with its massive range.
21 Feb 2016, 06:35 AM

I'm not sure why the mortar pit can't just be like a USF fighting position that a mortar team can garrison for brit-like bonuses. Or an MG team, or a 6 pounder, or FFS a tank for insta hull-down bonuses. You get the idea. Trenches for team weapons.

Or cheap and quick emplacements that only work when garrisoned by infantry and can be stolen/used by teammates.

Emplacements have always felt so gorramn lazy in both incarnations in the CoH franchise.
21 Feb 2016, 07:23 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Really so can you show the stat please, I've always thought the two mortars are identical.

https://www.coh2.org/topic/47514/ukf-mortar-emplacement-barrage-bug-mortar-inconsistency

Shoots half as fast. When barraging does much less damage on direct hits.
21 Feb 2016, 09:39 AM

UC as a command vehicle is kinda OP actually. Free recon almost constantly and against Ostheer this counters all sniper play. Hans vs Barton definitely showed this.

There are already plenty of maphack abilities in the game. IR HT, spotting scope 222, vet1 kubel ability, vet3 t70 recon mode. All of these also only require a 1-time purchase.
21 Feb 2016, 10:25 AM

Yesterday in a game against Choccy I really had a hard time to take out the mortar pits because of their high AOE. The range is probably not that big of a problem, but AOE and the firing speed seems a bit high.

Your 680MP did actually counter my 800MP though, didn't it? It was a hard fought game, but the ISG's came out on top eventually. With vet, they easily out-ranged the mortars.

On a 50/50 map split for the entire game, you also managed to field a kubel, 4 volks, 2 spio, 2 obers, 2 LeiG's, 3 raketen, 1 P4, 1 panther, 1 JP4 and 1 KT.

I had 2 inf sections, 2 royal E's (had to replace 2 due to a ISG wiping out 2 rep'ing the Mortars), 1 vickers, 2 mortar pits, 2 AT guns, 3 comets and a firefly.

I don't know how much fuel you had left at the end, but I had literally nothing, an no manpower either.

I know which army composition I would rather have.

Also, hard countering arty cover by walking out the circle was unfair man...

and I quote "without those damn mortar pits and arty cover, this game would have been over long ago". ;)
21 Feb 2016, 10:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2016, 04:45 AMTobis

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2016, 07:23 AMTobis

https://www.coh2.org/topic/47514/ukf-mortar-emplacement-barrage-bug-mortar-inconsistency

Shoots half as fast. When barraging does much less damage on direct hits.

Just a clarification regarding damage
- Both mortars deal normal damage when autoattacking
- One mortar deals reduced damage barraging (the one-shotting radius is reduced by 75%)

Now, regarding the rate of fire:
- The two mortars have different aiming time (0.5 secs vs 1 second) applied between reloads
- This means that the 2nd mortar takes 0.5 second extra between shots
- Given that the reload time for both around ~8secs, the 1st mortar doesn't fire twice as fast
- I am guessing they introduced this so that the two shots don't synchronize to reduce insta-wipe chance

Takeaway: In order to utilize the mortar pit to its max potential, never use barrages. Instead, you should set-and-forget like a pro.
21 Feb 2016, 10:49 AM

Increase its MP cost please. And no I'm not just saying this because I got fucked hard by mortar pit spam on crossing in the woods
21 Feb 2016, 11:07 AM

Your 680MP did actually counter my 800MP though, didn't it? It was a hard fought game, but the ISG's came out on top eventually. With vet, they easily out-ranged the mortars.

On a 50/50 map split for the entire game, you also managed to field a kubel, 4 volks, 2 spio, 2 obers, 2 LeiG's, 3 raketen, 1 P4, 1 panther, 1 JP4 and 1 KT.

I had 2 inf sections, 2 royal E's (had to replace 2 due to a ISG wiping out 2 rep'ing the Mortars), 1 vickers, 2 mortar pits, 2 AT guns, 3 comets and a firefly.

I don't know how much fuel you had left at the end, but I had literally nothing, an no manpower either.

I know which army composition I would rather have.

Also, hard countering arty cover by walking out the circle was unfair man...

and I quote "without those damn mortar pits and arty cover, this game would have been over long ago". ;)
had a command Panther instead of KT. Multiple times the arty cover destroyed my engines.

My ISG's were for 90% of the time in the mortar range. 2x portar pits took me atleast 40 minutes to take 1 out, the other I couldn't get. Arty cover kept you into the game because I had to be way more cautius
21 Feb 2016, 11:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2016, 10:49 AMbert69
Increase its MP cost please. And no I'm not just saying this because I got fucked hard by mortar pit spam on crossing in the woods

I surely wouldn't increase the cost because of it's inmobility. I would let it fire a bit slower
21 Feb 2016, 11:23 AM

yesterday i played a 2v2 vs simcity builders par excellence

double mortar pit on rails and metal is unbeatable. THe US guy just bunched up with the tommies behin the great green cover wall of china in the mid so we couln't attack and waited for bofors and mortar pit

i don't kow how to counter that

l2p

(that's how I often see u respond to others, lel)
21 Feb 2016, 11:53 AM

had a command Panther instead of KT. Multiple times the arty cover destroyed my engines.

My ISG's were for 90% of the time in the mortar range. 2x portar pits took me atleast 40 minutes to take 1 out, the other I couldn't get. Arty cover kept you into the game because I had to be way more cautius

You did have a command panther, but you also had a KT at the end of the game. Your ISG's weren't 90% in the range, because I couldn't get them, plus you had them next to battlegroup, so insta reinforce when they did stray.

The only faction that has issues with them is Ost, if the don't have the mortar halftrack. There are some good commanders with that in, so I don't see an issue to have at least one equipped in-case of coming up against a sim city builder.

Ost player could also go Ostruppen, and completely force Brit player off the field... who cares about mortar pit if you have the majority of the map? If Brit player is able to invest in mortars against Ostruppen play, you did something wrong.
21 Feb 2016, 12:17 PM

Just because something is expensive and coSt more than its counter parts doesn't mean it should perform exceedingly better.
21 Feb 2016, 12:25 PM

Just because something is expensive and coSt more than its counter parts doesn't mean it should perform exceedingly better.

Actually, that is exactly what does it mean.

Except for pershing.

This thing is overpriced comet with tad better AI.

And maybe KV-2, which is a result of unprotected sex between IS-2 and ISU.
21 Feb 2016, 12:38 PM

Emplacements are mostly just an issue for Ostheer in 2v2 scenario. Especially Mortar Pit behind shot blocker that covers 2 VPs with its massive range.

free recon its bad i get it but its OK when okw have free flak anti evrything and free repair and medics :luvDerp: wtf.. this recon need just bigger cooldown but its not OP
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 35
unknown 13
France 1
New Zealand 23

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %