Login

russian armor

panzergrenadier and the schreck upgrade

16 Feb 2016, 14:58 PM

the schreck should be turned into an anti-light vehicle weapon.

Given that the wehr lack any real light tank, the schreck panzergrenadier needs to be decent at fighting light vehicle. Unfortunately, while the dual schreck upgrade is decent against medium tanks, it is rather expensive and inefficient against the early allied tank.

The second schreck should be removed in exchange for a lower price and higher accuracy. This would make it more handy against the allied vehicle. Maybe an added ability to swap the schreck for a stg44 in HQ sector.
16 Feb 2016, 15:01 PM

the schreck should be turned into an anti-vehicle weapon.

Given that the wehr lack any real light tank, the schreck panzergrenadier needs to be decent at fighting light vehicle. Unfortunately, while the dual schreck upgrade is decent against medium tanks, it is rather expensive and inefficient against the early allied tank.

The second schreck should be removed in exchange for a lower price and higher accuracy. This would make it more handy against the allied vehicle. Maybe an added ability to swap the schreck for a stg44 in HQ sector.

if i remeber right they had single shrek but community found that extremly unfair so they forced it into a 2x shrek upgrade.
16 Feb 2016, 15:01 PM

Actually wasn't accuracy nerfed because it was too useful late game?

I think instead of buying both shreks at once, give the option to buy 1 at a time.
16 Feb 2016, 15:03 PM

if i remeber right they had single shrek but community found that extremly unfair so they forced it into a 2x shrek upgrade.

I never recalled that. Was it unfair that they only got 1 and it was too weak or was only getting 1 making them too strong?
16 Feb 2016, 15:06 PM

I never recalled that. Was it unfair that they only got 1 and it was too weak or was only getting 1 making them too strong?

was to easy to spam i guess. idk it was long time ago just heard that several times that shrecks were single buyable. someone will surely show up in this thread who knows it exactly

edit: no it was a nerf, they overperformed otherwise or so due 3x stg44 1x shrek for only 60 or 90 muni
16 Feb 2016, 15:06 PM

they did had single schreck way back in the pre-retail alpha, but I don't know why it was changed. It was a different game back then anyway.
16 Feb 2016, 15:07 PM

With single schreck they were great AI (3 STGs) and good AT at once.
16 Feb 2016, 15:09 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

was to easy to spam i guess. idk it was long time ago just heard that several times that shrecks were single buyable. someone will surely show up in this thread who knows it exactly

People tell me it was rather no-risk do-anything spam outstripping even Volks Schrecks, though the combat system was definitely a fair bit different then and the cost-to-effectiveness hierarchy was a lot more distinct than now where weapon profiles can play a noticeable part.

Still wouldn't expect it to return though.
16 Feb 2016, 15:12 PM

Actually wasn't accuracy nerfed because it was too useful late game?

I think instead of buying both shreks at once, give the option to buy 1 at a time.

Yes, we definitely need that, because we've learned nothing from volks and vcoh2 alpha :snfBarton:
16 Feb 2016, 15:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2016, 15:12 PMKatitof

Yes, we definitely need that, because we've learned nothing from volks and vcoh2 alpha :snfBarton:

I think it's a little different because volks = 5 man, 25 reinforce, correct? pgrens are 340 mp, 4 man, i don't remember reinforce.
I also recall them having a received accuracy nerf and they're not very durable until vet2.
Previously, panzershreks had super accuracy long range but was nerfed to bazooka level accuracy at far range.
16 Feb 2016, 17:11 PM

Game has changed and evolved since coh1/coh2 early days. I think having the upgrade to 1 is a safe bet. Not to mention it wouldnt be the new OH blob, due to price, and 4 man squads. It's no different then the change most want to OKW
16 Feb 2016, 17:32 PM

Just increase their shreks accutary a bit, volks are old grandpas and young hitlerjugend guys, Panzergrens are highly trained so it would be fair.
16 Feb 2016, 17:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2016, 17:32 PMl4hti
Just increase their shreks accutary a bit, volks are old grandpas and young hitlerjugend guys, Panzergrens are highly trained so it would be fair.

lol, that can't be done without creating a new weapon profile as the shreks they carry and the ones volks carry are the same. It's also not about them being trained or not. Infantry mobile AT is designed as a defensive weapon (at least that's what I think was intended). It should perform well on the defense but increasing accuracy would just make vehicles obsolete. That's why panzershrek's accuracy was nerfed in the first place.
16 Feb 2016, 22:10 PM

It's also not about them being trained or not. Infantry mobile AT is designed as a defensive weapon (at least that's what I think was intended). It should perform well on the defense but increasing accuracy would just make vehicles obsolete. That's why panzershrek's accuracy was nerfed in the first place.

the bazooka was pretty crap until the relatively recent accuracy nerf. The captain is a decent counter to the luch without being overpowered against the medium. Panzergrenadier should be able to handle the same role

volksgrenadier is half the reason why panzergrenadier schreck is so meh currently. The schreck kept getting nerfed to suit the volk.
16 Feb 2016, 22:18 PM

the bazooka was pretty crap until the relatively recent accuracy nerf. The captain is a decent counter to the luch without being overpowered against the medium. Panzergrenadier should be able to handle the same role

volksgrenadier is half the reason why panzergrenadier schreck is so meh currently. The schreck kept getting nerfed to suit the volk.

I think panzergrens currently handle the role okay-ish except AEC comes out too early. Giving them 1 shrek at a time will help them fight defensively. If we just buff their accuracy, they'll have lazer shreks again and everyone will just get those instead of paks.
16 Feb 2016, 22:25 PM

Just buff PzGren shrek accuracy
16 Feb 2016, 22:30 PM

I'm not sure if you've been reading the thread but that requires a new weapon profile. I'm not sure the likelihood relic will go back and create a new weapon profile for an older faction.

The other solution would to be increase accuracy of the unit on vet but that would also make it's AI abilities strong as well.

That's just my opinion on the ways to buff pgren. I think it's fine where it is for this unit but adding the option for just 1 shrek makes the unit more versatile.
16 Feb 2016, 22:47 PM

And get rid of USF vehicles altogether.
16 Feb 2016, 23:37 PM

Iirc the problem with single shrek pgrens is that it was cheap, effective and didnt knee cap a their potent AI as much as it should based on the incredible performance of the shrek, it also leaves them with a weapon slot open to potentially further improve their AI. I think the Wehr needs an earlier at option (or later Aec) but im not sure unishreking pgrens is the best option... Maybe a cheap dual AT rifle upgrade that knocks down the price into the shrek? (is that even possible?)
16 Feb 2016, 23:46 PM

And get rid of USF vehicles altogether.

Its a 4 man squad with expensive reinforce and a 120 muni upgrade, it should be very effective against paper vehicles.

Infantry wreck them, smoke blocks los
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 92
unknown 5
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %