Login

russian armor

Replace spio with vgren as okw starting unit

PAGES (8)down
15 Feb 2016, 07:37 AM

I don't understand why OKW get a murder machine as their starting unit. They force you to double up your capping force because few units produced in the first 2 minutes can 1v1 them and so many games are ruined early by spio rushing enemy fuel points and if there is a building, camping it.

Meanwhile, you lack of presence elsewhere allows their kubel to back-cap everything.

This isn't balanced and in the hands of someone who knows what they are doing it ruins games.
15 Feb 2016, 07:53 AM

which is EXACTLY why I hate the kuble and say it should only be able to decapp.
15 Feb 2016, 08:08 AM

Im fine with Spios. You need to drop a model from midrange so their DPS falls of by 25% then most squads win against them.
Can be a bit rng thought ( had a game vs Talisman where is spio was hat 25% health and no model lost, he won due that vs conscript and pio at the same time :() but that's coh after all.
15 Feb 2016, 08:12 AM

Im fine with Spios. You need to drop a model from midrange so their DPS falls of by 25% then most squads win against them.
Can be a bit rng thought ( had a game vs Talisman where is spio was hat 25% health and no model lost, he won due that vs conscript and pio at the same time :() but that's coh after all.

This is exactly my experience last game. i didnt see the spio as he came around a building and i was already balls deep into con sniper start.
15 Feb 2016, 08:24 AM

Hello.

I am fine with them too. Usually i try to put myself in the open when facing OKW to prevent sneaky introduction in your ... back.

Kozo.
15 Feb 2016, 08:32 AM

Spios as starting unit are mostly fine.

If there is one thing to complain about, its the free 100mp OKW gets at start over all other armies.
15 Feb 2016, 08:54 AM

i always keep two squads close to each other until i encounter the Spio.
15 Feb 2016, 09:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2016, 08:54 AMDAZ187
i always keep two squads close to each other until i encounter the Spio.

And for the most part this works as a spio counter provided you catch one at max range in the open. But he is forcing you to dedicate 2 squads to deal with a unit he got for free. This causes you to lose some map presence through no fault of your own and the kubel is capping all of his backfield and yours if you aren't careful.
15 Feb 2016, 09:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2016, 08:32 AMKatitof

If there is one thing to complain about, its the free 100mp OKW gets at start over all other armies.

OKW wouldn't be the special snowflake otherwise.
15 Feb 2016, 09:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2016, 08:32 AMKatitof

why do they need 100 MP more when their starting unit already has 130+ MP value higher than the other factions on top of their tech being cheapest in the game
15 Feb 2016, 09:56 AM
15 Feb 2016, 09:57 AM
Donator 11

why do they need 100 MP more when their starting unit already has 130+ MP value higher than the other factions on top of their tech being cheapest in the game

They get 100mp more taking into consideration the cost of starting unit, they dont get both.
15 Feb 2016, 09:58 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

you live up to your name dont you captain qq
15 Feb 2016, 10:01 AM

i think its ok but sometimes it can be annoying when someone camping behind fance using tru sight :guyokay:
15 Feb 2016, 10:22 AM

reminder that sturms can run up to an UKF IS in green cover from max range and still win

15 Feb 2016, 10:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2016, 10:22 AMashxu

reminder that sturms can run up to an UKF IS in green cover from max range and still win

everytime? or is it rng involved? is that outer MOdel in cover and gets the bonus?

i would test it but cheatcommand mod stopped working for me..
15 Feb 2016, 10:26 AM

I rush Infantry section with my Sturms every time, even in green cover my sturms forces them to retreat and thus I win the engagement.
15 Feb 2016, 10:55 AM

I also think that they kind of give an unfair advantage to OKW,I always manage to win the first engagement with them, on some maps you can even easily force 2 squads at once into retreat, which is the minimum an Allied player needs to even engage them.

I would suggest that they replace them with the Kubel, which provides faster capping early game, a bit like PE, so they actually don't get this unit for free but have the build it first, this will also take some punch out of OKWs very strong early game.
15 Feb 2016, 11:04 AM

everytime? or is it rng involved? is that outer MOdel in cover and gets the bonus?

i would test it but cheatcommand mod stopped working for me..

It can be close sometimes but in a 1 model vs 1 model fight the Sturm will probably win. If UKF are blessed with RNG then they can kill the Sturms however in general Sturms win.

Also this is the best case scenario where Sturms charge at you from max range. This doesn't count from around the corner or other obstacles.

This is also why Trenches are good because if you're in a building then the IS don't lose the 50% damage reduction when the Sturms are close.

Of course OKW can field more units out in a real match so you'll most likely see Volks around the corner or a supporting Kubel.

Ostheer Assault Grens (From Mech Assault doctrine) are kind of the same deal and they can win if they charge in from max range but it's way more close. However again this is assuming best case scenario where they charge at you from max range and you're already in green cover.
15 Feb 2016, 11:11 AM

i think its ok but sometimes it can be annoying when someone camping behind fance using tru sight :guyokay:

Inb4 truesight abusing :foreveralone:

But seriously, I think the sturmpio + kubel combo gives OKW too much of an early game advantage in capping and fighting power. Especially on maps where you can rush a house on a fuel point/cut-off.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS