Login

russian armor

Nerf the panzerwerfer already

14 Feb 2016, 22:20 PM

The Katyusha is, currently, extremely strong. It only sucks if you are doing max-range barrages into the fog of war.

In this case, you will find the following guide extremely useful:
https://www.coh2.org/topic/47925/l2aim-the-definitive-guide-to-artillery-in-coh2

Max range doesn't matter; scatter does, though.

The Panzerwerfer already releases 10 rockets at once (as opposed to 16 rockets in salvos of 4 for the Katyusha). I find no reason Panzerwerfer rockets should be stronger than those of the Katyusha.

https://www.coh2.org/topic/47530/did-the-panzerwerfer-really-need-a-damage-buff

it 3 salvos not 4 for katy
14 Feb 2016, 22:54 PM
Patrion 310

No its 4 salvos. 16 rockets in sets of 4.
14 Feb 2016, 23:31 PM

And the Calliope rofls to this thread..
15 Feb 2016, 01:54 AM
Patrion 14

And the Calliope rofls to this thread..

:snfQuinn: Calliope is OP, but the Werfer does more damage the first volley and pins.

15 Feb 2016, 07:39 AM

pwerfer is fine

make katy not be godawful pls
15 Feb 2016, 07:45 AM

Pwerfer is op, mostly because i dont hear it coming, same goes for all rocket arty imo
15 Feb 2016, 08:51 AM

to all the pwerfer OP guys:

1) play 1v1 / 2v2

2) tech straight to panzerwerfer and win dozens of games (should be an ease as it's clearly op as you say)

3) report all your epic wins to me or in this thread pls
15 Feb 2016, 09:51 AM

Try to get Katy closer maybe? Stop acting like PW is hell OP shiet even at long distance. You have to be VERY close to target if you want to deal good damage with it. At the same time Katy provide same amount of wipes as werfer if used close, but also it is usefull at medium distance while werfer not. Not to mention that PW is much harder to get due to tech.

Probably another USF LMG blobed got pawned this day in 3v3/4v4 by PW.
15 Feb 2016, 10:02 AM

I do find the pamzerwerfer a little op as it deals excellent damage in a single salvo.

I can see what Cultist is saying however, the katyusha fires four rockets per salvo while the panzerwerfer fires ten.

My point is that with the katyusha you will only have a good effect with one salvo unless your player is a scrub lord and does not retreat/move.

I know its closer to risk and reward but the panzerwerfer wins in this case (when firing close to their target).
15 Feb 2016, 10:12 AM

I do find the pamzerwerfer a little op as it deals excellent damage in a single salvo.

I can see what Cultist is saying however, the katyusha fires four rockets per salvo while the panzerwerfer fires ten.

My point is that with the katyusha you will only have a good effect with one salvo unless your player is a scrub lord and does not retreat/move.

I know its closer to risk and reward but the panzerwerfer wins in this case (when firing close to their target).

It really depends on how you see the role on both Katy and Werfer.

If we speak about braking the enemy line, then Katy is much better, because of its scatter as we already said, and longer barrage. Katy usually able to hit multiple targets spread around front line, and there is no way you can escape rocket, without retreating all your force or relocating them. Not always, but usually.

PW on the other hand is dealy for blobs, its annihilates them, better then katy, but besides that PW is not much better then Katy. Yes, it has 10 rockets per salvo, but they are aether drop on the middle of the circle (if you shoot close to target) which means that everything in circle will be wiped with first few rockets so more rockes per salvo don't make much more difference. Or, if you use it at long\med, distance even 10 rockets wont do much usually.

Different units, I may say. Both pretty dem effective and wipe everything in a blink of the eye if used close to target, PW simply is slightly better at this role, while katy is better at breaking enemy line.

Pinning and suppression are slightly OP, so we can get rid of it. But effectivness should stay as it is, because Ost don't have any proper tools to fight against blobs and destroy them, besides werfer.
15 Feb 2016, 10:40 AM

Panzerwerfer still needs a damage penalty vs garrison.
It currently does full damage to any units in garrison meaning a pretty much instant wipe
15 Feb 2016, 11:05 AM

to all the pwerfer OP guys:

1) play 1v1 / 2v2

2) tech straight to panzerwerfer and win dozens of games (should be an ease as it's clearly op as you say)

3) report all your epic wins to me or in this thread pls

What kind of ridiculous argument is that? Just because something is too strong at its job doesn't mean it insta-wins games with one button press. It only means it's too strong for what it does.
15 Feb 2016, 11:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2016, 11:05 AMKothre

What kind of ridiculous argument is that? Just because something is too strong at its job- especially a support unit- doesn't mean tech rushing them and spamming them means insta-wins. It only means it's too strong.

ever tried to get one in 1v1 / 2v2

have you ever tried that once?
15 Feb 2016, 11:15 AM

Yes. And it's too strong. The thing insta-wipes almost everything in its blast radius, and suppresses whatever is left over. It has huge splash and almost no scatter, and unlike the katyusha, it delivers its full payload almost instantaneously.

Now, I'm not going to suggest a Relic-like nerf where it becomes useless. It just needs it scatter at max range increased slightly and its splash reduced slightly. I have no desire to see it be worthless again; it should still be good, but not an insta-wipe death machine.
15 Feb 2016, 11:20 AM

Try to get Katy closer maybe? Stop acting like PW is hell OP shiet even at long distance. You have to be VERY close to target if you want to deal good damage with it. At the same time Katy provide same amount of wipes as werfer if used close, but also it is usefull at medium distance while werfer not. Not to mention that PW is much harder to get due to tech.

Is there ANY range where the Katyusha comes close to being half as useful as the Panzerwerfer?

(warning: turn your sound down before clicking)

Have a look at the wipes. Then, have a look at the minimap to see how far the Panzerwerfer was when the barrage was launched.

Now, consider that this deadly barrage could be aimed anywhere within that radius:
- Directly on the enemy's units
- In anticipation of the enemy units' movement

This is what gets people raging about the Pee-Werfer and the Calliope.
15 Feb 2016, 11:29 AM
Patrion 14

People defending the werfer make me laugh, do you guys actually play USF in teamgames?
You can't dodge the werfer at all, comparing it to the Call and Katushya you can at least still move your forces.
Not to mention the werfer can shoot it's load faster then all other arty thanks to the rotation on the rocket gun, as well as retreat faster because it only needs 1 volley.

The Calliope is OP, but the Werfer is as well.
15 Feb 2016, 11:57 AM

Hmm I was too lazy to write sooner... Nerv incoming according to leaked patch notes.
Delay between rockets 0.1 seconds. And I think some more. Am at work now no time to look up source.
15 Feb 2016, 12:01 PM

Muh! 1v1 only true way to play Coh2!!!!!111
15 Feb 2016, 12:02 PM

it's just too funny how none of the "OMGnerf!!!" guys in here shows his playercard
15 Feb 2016, 12:13 PM
Patrion 14

it's just too funny how none of the "OMGnerf!!!" guys in here shows his playercard

Nice bait Donnie
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS