Login

russian armor

Nerf the panzerwerfer already

13 Feb 2016, 19:10 PM

Panzerwerfer:
-wipes everything due to 10 rockets per burst and rockets having MUCH better splash
-has small scatter - doesn't need to get close
-has suppression
-fires for a short period of time - safe to get in and out
-costs 360/85

Katyusha:
-doesn't do shit vs infanry, has a decent chance of not wiping weapon teams
-has a huge scatter - really needs to get close to do anything
-doesn't have suppression
-fires for a longer period of time - more dangerous to get close to fire
-costs 360/85
13 Feb 2016, 19:17 PM

True, Panzer Werfer is overperforming a good deal. Hovewer lowering all its damage stats to Katyusha lvl seems unjustified as it has less range and fewer rockets.

So either keep suppression on it or leave the damage output slightly above Katyushas.
13 Feb 2016, 19:27 PM

Problem is if the Katyusha is "balanced" then I feel it's pretty worthless. I've been bombarded multiple times with it and never felt like it did any damage. All it did was cause me to move for a few seconds and then come back.

I like the destruction that the Pwerfer causes. HOWEVER I believe that the firing should take longer, or at least always hearable(I've noticed I never hear it sometimes when explosions are going on).
13 Feb 2016, 19:38 PM

13 Feb 2016, 20:03 PM

it cant destroy tanks so i guess its balanced :snfPeter:
13 Feb 2016, 20:03 PM

True, Panzer Werfer is overperforming a good deal. Hovewer lowering all its damage stats to Katyusha lvl seems unjustified as it has less range and fewer rockets.

So either keep suppression on it or leave the damage output slightly above Katyushas.

The thing is - only the first barrage really matters since decent opponent can always just walk away before second one hits. So considering that Pwerfer is multiple times better than the Katyusha. Talking about the maximum range - it doesn't really matter since as I said you HAVE to get close to make some use from the Katyusha.
13 Feb 2016, 20:14 PM

Problem is if the Katyusha is "balanced" then I feel it's pretty worthless. I've been bombarded multiple times with it and never felt like it did any damage. All it did was cause me to move for a few seconds and then come back.

The Katyusha is, currently, extremely strong. It only sucks if you are doing max-range barrages into the fog of war.

In this case, you will find the following guide extremely useful:
https://www.coh2.org/topic/47925/l2aim-the-definitive-guide-to-artillery-in-coh2

Max range doesn't matter; scatter does, though.

The Panzerwerfer already releases 10 rockets at once (as opposed to 16 rockets in salvos of 4 for the Katyusha). I find no reason Panzerwerfer rockets should be stronger than those of the Katyusha.

https://www.coh2.org/topic/47530/did-the-panzerwerfer-really-need-a-damage-buff
13 Feb 2016, 20:17 PM

Imo it should be the Katy with the supression not the werfer since the werfer pretty much wipes everything in and around where it hits (leaving everything in the target area either dead or retreating) whereas the Katy is supposed to area denial across multiple volleys.... That will all miss and you can walk right through... With supression the additional volleys might actually count for something. On the werfer its not necessary.

Main problem is a single salvo, separating it in 2 could solve this problem, cause you will have time to react.

It's true that most of the time the first few rockets are the one that count it's not always like this.
Emplacements and buildings cannot move, neither can OKW trucks. And weapon teams also often cannot escape in time.

Furthermore it's also true that the scatter on max range is quite high with the Katyusha it's also higher for the Panzerwerfer. But still the Katyusha CAN attack from farther away if the situation demands it. Panzerwerfer HAS to get close.
13 Feb 2016, 20:59 PM

Once relic stops blobbing from being possible, the Panzerwerfer can be nerfed. :snfPeter:
13 Feb 2016, 21:48 PM

Once relic stops blobbing from being possible, the Panzerwerfer can be nerfed. :snfPeter:

Until Wehr gets demos, muni free precision shot ++ is here to stay!
But seriously.... Give everyone demos....
13 Feb 2016, 21:55 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Until Wehr gets demos, muni free precision shot ++ is here to stay!
But seriously.... Give everyone demos....

Or nobody demos. :snfBarton:
13 Feb 2016, 22:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2016, 21:55 PMTobis

Or nobody demos. :snfBarton:

But.... Demos....
13 Feb 2016, 23:21 PM
14 Feb 2016, 00:06 AM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2016, 19:10 PMSlyzor
Panzerwerfer:
-has small scatter - doesn't need to get close

Katyusha:
-has a huge scatter - really needs to get close to do anything

The Katyusha actually has lower scatter than the PWerfer...

Just make the Katyusha fire all rockets at once and it will be fine.

Higher range, lower scatter and more rockets

vs

less rockets and range but larger AoE and suppression

I think that would be balanced.
14 Feb 2016, 00:11 AM

The Katyusha actually has lower scatter than the PWerfer...

No. The Katyusha has SLIGHTLY worse scatter ratio (which determines scatter), but a bit better MAX SCATTER (which determines how it performs on long range, where it is ineffective anyway).

Please read this post carefully:
https://www.coh2.org/topic/47530/did-the-panzerwerfer-really-need-a-damage-buff

PS: If you are using stat.coh2.hu to reference stat numbers, they don't show ALL the raw unit stats. Sadly, they don't show the most important stats that affect scatter either (ratio, angle & offset); max_scatter has minimal effect on artillery barrages.

PS2: The OP is also incorrect when talking about scatter. The reason why the Pee-Werfer doesn't need to get that close is because of the alphastrike (all rockets at once) and the fact that each individual Pwerfer rocket is 3 (vs open ground) to 12 (vs garrison) times better than a Katyusha rocket.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★