Login

russian armor

Nerf the panzerwerfer already

17 Feb 2016, 16:24 PM

4 vs 6 scheme doesn't work any more, it was valid for vanilla CoH2, in current meta any faction in any match up could face different squad size, like 4 men grens, 4 men Tommyes, 4 men crews for most factions, or 5 men rifles and volks, or 6 men SU units, 6 men pfusiliers or osttruppens and etc.
17 Feb 2016, 22:37 PM

Not particular knowleageable fella here but..

Probably game design around rocket artillery, PWerfer and Katy (dont know much about calliope), was intended to have just different roles, as someone else posted. PWerfers is more of an "anti-blob" or "surgical strike" and Katy was intended for constant barraging or "zoning". I'm not entirely sure how supression mechanic works (programmingly) but both units could deal suppresion(or maybe all artillery, for reality purpose). Pwerfer suppresion wears off quickly while Katyusha last long enough to make a difficult soft retreat, assuring reciving and entire barrage if not "T"ing. Katy suppresion aoe per rocket would be wider than PWerfers rocket. The other problem i see, looking other posts, is PWefer salvo timings and unit risk. Maybe Pwerfer could still launch one salvo but with a bit more delay between rockets, thus giving more time for opponents to react both defensively and/or offensively. Additionaly both unit could be quite precise at short range (if that's not the case), that means katy doesnt have to throw entire barrage to be effective. Katy could have a speed/maneuverability buff so it can escape easily after barraging.

I'm not taking into account teching, cost, etc.

Again i'm no pro to tell what is best regarding balance, but i guess both unit are intended with different purposes and that's it.

EDIT: After reading this: https://www.coh2.org/topic/47925/l2aim-the-definitive-guide-to-artillery-in-coh2
and this https://www.coh2.org/topic/47530/did-the-panzerwerfer-really-need-a-damage-buff Most of my post is pointless.

18 Feb 2016, 03:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2016, 15:49 PMTEKOA
Hmm.. I don't know that it's correct to compare the Katty with the PWer guys.
I think you have to consider the squadsize here.

OSTH has 4 man squads, while Sov has 6 man squads (overall). So I think the arty of OSTH can be slightly 'better' to make up for that. I don't know if you can follow me here, but if 3 men get killed in an artillery barrage, it's much more of an impact for OSTH than it is for Sov.

It can be toned down a tiny bit though.

That is a linear view. In Sov vs OH your right but OH vs Brits? or the Sov vs OKW? All USF crews are 4 man as well.
18 Feb 2016, 03:57 AM

Other gripe is whilst the Katy is firing it's multiple barrages it can easily be countered by the Stuka.

Used to do it all the time. Wait for it to start firing and put a line right down the length of it and boom! One hit Kat dead. Yes it shoots a long way but as we know not that effectively.

Also without mining every bloody door Falls popping out of buildings and taking them out is an annoyance.
18 Feb 2016, 19:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2016, 03:57 AMGumboot
Other gripe is whilst the Katy is firing it's multiple barrages it can easily be countered by the Stuka.

Used to do it all the time. Wait for it to start firing and put a line right down the length of it and boom! One hit Kat dead. Yes it shoots a long way but as we know not that effectively.

Also without mining every bloody door Falls popping out of buildings and taking them out is an annoyance.

PW can also insta kill the Katy, its probably the only time counterbattery is any good...
18 Feb 2016, 20:14 PM

Imo rocketwerfer leaves very small space for counterplay - either you spread preemptively or rip squads. Katyusha does this to a lesser extent - longer firing 'animation', less dmg, no supression
18 Feb 2016, 21:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2016, 15:49 PMTEKOA
Hmm.. I don't know that it's correct to compare the Katty with the PWer guys.
I think you have to consider the squadsize here.

OSTH has 4 man squads, while Sov has 6 man squads (overall). So I think the arty of OSTH can be slightly 'better' to make up for that. I don't know if you can follow me here, but if 3 men get killed in an artillery barrage, it's much more of an impact for OSTH than it is for Sov.

It can be toned down a tiny bit though.

The squad size argument can no longer be used in light of Allied factions sometimes having 4, and some German units having 6.
21 Feb 2016, 18:54 PM

It's okay man. Just ignore gvardia_legiones and penileratbatalion

They are both Axis trollers if not the same person on a different account. Both have like 20 posts and adamantly defend Axis without stats and concrete proof besides opinion. It's laughable at best.

The only thing why i am defending axis is cause they are weak in my opinion. As i said, i play 2v2 only. If you like the 1v1 mode, then its absolutlly different game. Im sure that i never seen a werfer in streams of pro in 1v1. In 2v2 mode, there is a chance to build one, but usually ppl prefer to get a tiger or panter and that has there reasons tbh.
3v3 and 4v4 is a blobberino mode, and it cant be balanced correcly, and it will not be, never.

That is my opinion, you can like it or not. And one thing else, the only faction im in top 100 are soviets and not the axis at all )) Osts are in top 300 only.
21 Feb 2016, 22:39 PM

Esl final. Luv vs Jove. Werfer was made. 1st shot - killed 2 enges. 2nd - 1 tommy. 3d - sq wipe in house. 4trh - 1 vikers member. 5th - missed.
Second werfer made.
6th - 2 vikers members. 7th - eng wipe. 8th - 1 vikers member. 9th - vikers wipe. 10th - 3 enges killed.
This is statistics of 2 best coh players. Do ypu realle think that werfer was as good as you guys say in this thread ))

To compare.. vikers made 20 kills lol. And that arty cover...)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 20
unknown 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak