Login

russian armor

Increase AEC's price from 50 to 70 fuel

13 Feb 2016, 17:23 PM

Hi,

I know there are some topics about the AEC, but I would like to hear what you guys think about a price increase.

Since the AEC was buffed, a lot of people agree to admit that it is too strong at the time it comes.

This vehicle had to be buffed, since it was really too weak before against infantry. But now, it is way too powerful for the time mark it arrives. If rushed, it can be fielded at 6 minutes or even earlier: at this moment of the game, it is extremely powerful against everything Axis can field and requires a lot of micro from the opponents to be countered.
OKW can deal with it because it has T0 puppens and shrecks even if it still tough to do so. But Ostheer is pretty helpless and has to rush T2 in order to field a Pak43 or panzerschrecks ASAP unless it’s almost a GG.

The Ostheer player has to put tellers and hopes that the AEC will drive nearby, stop any offensive play with infantry to avoid it being wiped when it retreats, and micro well to handle the AEC. The double 222 is not a viable counter since it requires a lot of micro and a very good engagement to work, and is almost an all-in. In all cases the Ostheer player has to blindly adapt its whole strategy just to counter the AEC, because if he doesn't and the AEC is fielded it's GG.

The Puma, which counters it at long range, arrives way later for both OKW and Wehrmacht. It costs 125 for OKW and forces to set up a mechanized truck instead of a medic truck which is a risky tech order in early game, and is locked at 5CP for the Werhmacht which is way too late.

So, considering its strength, I don’t get why the AEC's teching and price are so cheap. At the moment, UKF just has to tech for T2 (30 fuel), unlock the upgrade (15 fuel) and build it (50 fuel). The sum is 95 fuel to field an AEC.
The T70 and the Stuart, which are in overall as good at the AEC, come later in the game: 145 fuel for the former, and 130 fuel for the latter.

The AEC should have its fuel price aligned with the T70 and the Stuart ones, so it should be increased to 70. It would still come earlier than these two vehicles, but would be delayed a bit and would be a harder loss to sustain if destroyed.

The AEC makes up for the poor UKF early game, but at the moment it comes earlier than other allied light tanks, and is more powerful and cheaper than them. It needs to be more expensive.

Thanx for reading.
13 Feb 2016, 17:32 PM

Hi,

I know there are some topics about the AEC, but I would like to hear what you guys think about a price increase.

Most of the cost for the other lights comes from the teirs which have other benifits.

An aec costs 440/65, more investment than the other lights already.

Increase the cost and you further turn it into all or nothing cheese.

It comes out to fast - why not just increase the research and build time?

13 Feb 2016, 17:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2016, 17:32 PMGlokta
Most of the cost for the other lights comes from the teirs which have other benifits.

An aec costs 440/65, more investment than the other lights already.

Now you're just randomly cherrypicking costs, COH2 doesn't work that way.
13 Feb 2016, 17:43 PM

I thought 222s were only 15 fuel? Saying that two is risky when you can buy four for about the same fuel cost is either a mistake or dishonest...
13 Feb 2016, 17:52 PM

I thought 222s were only 15 fuel? Saying that two is risky when you can buy four for about the same fuel cost is either a mistake or dishonest...

They also have an MP cost. And considerably less impact than an AEC. As soon as T-70, Quad, AEC, Stuart, US AA truck, or similar hits the field 222s are completely obsolete and hardcountered.
13 Feb 2016, 17:54 PM

There are better ways to tweak the timing of AEC than increasing its fuel cost - it already significantly delays your tech and medium armor as is.

That and scaling back its shell aoe a bit so that its a little less model snipey and less of a crutch shock unit.
13 Feb 2016, 18:00 PM

Losing 222s in way easier that loosing AECS. A 222 is squishy and vulnerable to light weapons.
13 Feb 2016, 18:03 PM

Increase tech cost by 25 fuel
13 Feb 2016, 19:43 PM

Increase tech cost by 25 fuel

Sure, right after OKW gets side teching. L2P. The axis chreks are more than enough to counter the AEC. You realize if UKF gets an AEC,then axis will have medium tanks before the UKF. The AEC is the only stop gap until UKF can get any tanks. So many complainers it's funny.
13 Feb 2016, 20:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2016, 19:43 PMNirad

Sure, right after OKW gets side teching. L2P. The axis chreks are more than enough to counter the AEC. You realize if UKF gets an AEC,then axis will have medium tanks before the UKF. The AEC is the only stop gap until UKF can get any tanks. So many complainers it's funny.

OKW is not the only bloody Axis faction. Can people please stop basing balance off of them? AEC wrecks shit with Ost, not with OKW. As far as the medium argument, the AEC has a 75mm gun, which I believe has identical stats to the Cromwell (don't hold me to this, could be wrong) so it's equal to mediums in that respect. Also, if AEC comes out, it can gain map control over Ost, putting them in a rough spot as far as vehicles, or anything for that matter.
13 Feb 2016, 20:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2016, 19:43 PMNirad

I can see from your answer that you must be really good at this game :luvDerp:
13 Feb 2016, 20:10 PM

AEC is more than a stop gap. Bits can already field medium tanks way earlier than OH or OKW.

The AEC forces OH to rush for a pak, reducing their field presence a lot and still not guaranteeing an efficient counter. High damage output and mobility as well as smoke on the AEC make killing it extremely hard.
Mines are unreliable, 222s are not really an option and puna comes way too late.

In short, it offers a greatly bigger shock value than the other light vehicles while being cheaper and coming earlier.
13 Feb 2016, 20:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2016, 17:37 PMDomine

Now you're just randomly cherrypicking costs, COH2 doesn't work that way.

Unless you plan to get 2 or more, the cost of AEC is side tech, which unlocks AEC ONLY+cost of AEC itself.

Its not cherry picking, its how it is.

Its most expensive light vehicle in game by far, arriving fastest of its category.
13 Feb 2016, 20:33 PM

Why not just get a panzergren and get double shreks? Aecs don't have much health. It takes a total of 95 gas to get one and that slows the medium tank by a large factor... I honestly don't think AEC is outrageous. and there are plenty of ways to counter... like an AT gun.
13 Feb 2016, 20:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2016, 20:33 PMEolian
Why not just get a panzergren and get double shreks? Aecs don't have much health. It takes a total of 95 gas to get one and that slows the medium tank by a large factor... I honestly don't think AEC is outrageous. and there are plenty of ways to counter... like an AT gun.

its surviveability is huge. it surives 3 pak shots, has non doc smoke and 50 sightrange (all other lights have 35 for comparison)
13 Feb 2016, 21:07 PM

its surviveability is huge. it surives 3 pak shots, has non doc smoke and 50 sightrange (all other lights have 35 for comparison)

You forgot about puma, which also has 50 range on top of that 50 sight.
13 Feb 2016, 21:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2016, 20:33 PMEolian

Panzergrenadiers with schreks are quite good against the AEC, but arrive after the pak and cost 120 munitions. To be used as a counter to the AEC they must be rushed, so it means that the Ostheer player will have no LMGs on his grens, which make the fight against tommies really hard ...
13 Feb 2016, 21:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2016, 21:07 PMKatitof

You forgot about puma, which also has 50 range on top of that 50 sight.

ye sorry i forgot about the pumas "gren LMG dps" MG, right? badtitof :megusta:
13 Feb 2016, 21:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2016, 20:32 PMKatitof

Unless you plan to get 2 or more, the cost of AEC is side tech, which unlocks AEC ONLY+cost of AEC itself.

Its not cherry picking, its how it is.

Its most expensive light vehicle in game by far, arriving fastest of its category.

You should read what he wrote and what I responded again. I wasn't arguing about what is more expensive, I was saying you can't just brush aside costs from teching or side teching.
13 Feb 2016, 21:37 PM

The current AEC is better at AT and AI then the stuart. it should be 90 fuel all things considering. but to be honest the brits didnt need an attack vehicle as it flies against the whole defensive faction thing. revert the change and buff the is.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS