Login

russian armor

M8 Motor Carriage

12 Feb 2016, 01:00 AM

Haven't seen one of these in a long time. I think the update that fixed the squad spacing a few months back made the scot absolutely useless. It's very weak and I personally only call them in if I feel confident I'm going to win anyways. They can be kinda fun, since there's really no other unit like them, but overall they don't seem to be very good at their intended role. Like as far as stock late game anti-infantry vehicles go, the US bring the scot to a table where the Katy, Werfer, Centaur, Ostwind, Brumbaar, Churchill, and Walking Stuka are all seated. It's decidedly the worst, and while it is also the cheapest, a buff with a cost increase would not seem out of place IMO.
12 Feb 2016, 02:05 AM

The Scott is far too frail for Tier 4 and fulfills the same role as the 75mm Howie but with a added fuel cost. Current meta doesn't look favorably on a unit that frail with poor cost/effect that comes so late.

That thing should be moved to Tier 3 or 2, and it's place be filled by a M4A3E2 jumbo sporting a 76mm gun, to give US that much needed thick armour in late game, that would be a true contender for Tier 4, not the scott.
12 Feb 2016, 02:48 AM

increase scott health and armor and it'll be useful.
12 Feb 2016, 03:07 AM

increase scott health and armor and it'll be useful.

You would have to double the current armor to notice a slight chance of survivability against P4s.
12 Feb 2016, 04:28 AM

I remember right there was some accidental ninja nerf to M8s that Relic didn't notice which resulted in the M8 to being pretty meh. Even in twos it only becomes decent. Don't want it to become a wipe machine but give it some consistent anti-infantry damage considering how late it comes.
12 Feb 2016, 05:13 AM

increase hp to 400, just enough to survive a jagdtiger shot.
increase auto fire range to 70
decrease barrage recharge time to 30 seconds.
12 Feb 2016, 05:23 AM
Donator 11

give it direct fire back and see what happens
14 Feb 2016, 05:59 AM

increase hp to 400, just enough to survive a jagdtiger shot.
increase auto fire range to 70
decrease barrage recharge time to 30 seconds.

+1
14 Feb 2016, 06:03 AM

Haven't seen one of these in a long time. I think the update that fixed the squad spacing a few months back made the scot absolutely useless. It's very weak and I personally only call them in if I feel confident I'm going to win anyways. They can be kinda fun, since there's really no other unit like them, but overall they don't seem to be very good at their intended role. Like as far as stock late game anti-infantry vehicles go, the US bring the scot to a table where the Katy, Werfer, Centaur, Ostwind, Brumbaar, Churchill, and Walking Stuka are all seated. It's decidedly the worst, and while it is also the cheapest, a buff with a cost increase would not seem out of place IMO.

It needs a buff but to say it's worse than brummbaer is not right i think
14 Feb 2016, 12:28 PM

it doesnt need a buff to its survivability, i want it to actually deal real damage as it once used to.

its AOE got ninja nerfed 3 times in a row for no apparent reason.

it needs better accuracy and better aoe.
14 Feb 2016, 13:40 PM

The build time for it is long and i know why, it gives you time to comeback to your senses and not buy this unit
14 Feb 2016, 15:28 PM
Patrion 14

Edit: wrong reply
14 Feb 2016, 15:29 PM
Patrion 14

it doesnt need a buff to its survivability, i want it to actually deal real damage as it once used to.

its AOE got ninja nerfed 3 times in a row for no apparent reason.

it needs better accuracy and better aoe.

I agree with you, it's surviveability is great already, especially with the smoke ability at rank 1. It just needs more damage, so many times I let it shoot in a blob and just does nothing. The pak howie does more damage compared to this thing and arrives faster to boot.
14 Feb 2016, 15:49 PM

I think this unit needs at least an accuracy buff, because it barely hits anything ... Which it quite annoying for a fragile T4 anti-infantry unit.
14 Feb 2016, 17:22 PM
Patrion 14

It shouldn't get one shotted by a pak43 as well imo, then again, all light TANKS should not get one shotted by a pak43 imo.

It's like when the ost sniper got oneshots by a katushya rocket, it's too high an investment to get oneshotted.
14 Feb 2016, 18:58 PM

I would prefer more range. It's need to be so close to the front lines makes it so much more micro-intensive then every other late game indirect unit.
14 Feb 2016, 19:10 PM
Developer Relic Badge

What the vehicle needs:

-AOE mid modifer from 0.15 to 0.25
-AOE far modifier from 0.05 to 0.10
-Build-time from 80 seconds to 50 seconds.
-Health from 320 to 400.
14 Feb 2016, 20:21 PM

Or reduce the price to 35 fuel as that is all it's currently worth.

Just another idea, although I am in favour a straight forward buff.
14 Feb 2016, 20:48 PM

It needs a buff but to say it's worse than brummbaer is not right i think

How so? The brummbar's only downside is its cost, but I think it's worth it. It has a pretty good crew shock chance on most tanks, its pretty survivable unless its your only vehicle, and it does its main job much better than the scott because of that. There are tanks that can one-shot the m8, and its armor protects it from nothing but bullets. Cheap, yes, but its in t4 and the wermacht still get the werfer in that tier as well. The scott is the only dedicated AI for the US in t4, and Relic thinks that giving the sherman an HE and AP toggle is somehow enough to offset that while the scott remains trash.

I would prefer more range. It's need to be so close to the front lines makes it so much more micro-intensive then every other late game indirect unit.

+1
14 Feb 2016, 21:12 PM

How so? The brummbar's only downside is its cost, but I think it's worth it. It has a pretty good crew shock chance on most tanks, its pretty survivable unless its your only vehicle, and it does its main job much better than the scott because of that. There are tanks that can one-shot the m8, and its armor protects it from nothing but bullets. Cheap, yes, but its in t4 and the wermacht still get the werfer in that tier as well. The scott is the only dedicated AI for the US in t4, and Relic thinks that giving the sherman an HE and AP toggle is somehow enough to offset that while the scott remains trash.

+1

doenst make the unit better. if you go brummbear in a serious match you either 1) already won 2) you are going to lose. or tell me how often do you see brummbear? (not talking about 3v3 and 4v4 where the balance is completly off and it purely depents on the teamwork capacity of the team)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★