Login

russian armor

New Commander: Terror Doctrine

PAGES (9)down
8 Feb 2016, 19:05 PM

After testing one more time, I decided to increase the Reinforce cost to 90 Manpower, and the Squad cost to 425 Manpower.
8 Feb 2016, 19:30 PM

I think that instead of grenade assault a heavy AT nade that functions like gammon bomb would be neat, it would allow the unit anti-garrison and add risk/reward to fighting vehicles with faust

Overall it seems like a very fun unit design, especially combined with propaganda war
8 Feb 2016, 19:59 PM

I think that instead of grenade assault a heavy AT nade that functions like gammon bomb would be neat, it would allow the unit anti-garrison and add risk/reward to fighting vehicles with faust

Overall it seems like a very fun unit design, especially combined with propaganda war

I feel like the current 'Assault', not 'Grenade Assault' which is for assault grenadiers, fits the whole inspired troops thing, kind of like the war chant that Kozo talked about, except just for one unit. The panzerfaust I like, :megusta:, because it's a safety net incase you need to retreat, and you don't want to be chased down by allied armor (which seems to happen alot to uber-units).

As for the anti-garrison capability of the KCH, I think they are able to snipe them out of the windows when up close and personal due to their accuracy. :D

I also agree that it is a very fun commander to use. It gives you...

"The Big Guns"
~ISU-152 Crew
8 Feb 2016, 21:55 PM

Well, unless anyone else has some feedback, I'd consider this a polished commander. Now all it needs is it to be in relics balance-patch-preview-mod-thing.
8 Feb 2016, 22:38 PM

It's pretty cool, I would like to see something similar to this. KCH and Railway artillery are poorly designed though imo. Using super late arrival to balance an offmap artillery ability is lazy. Keep the large blast radius, reduce damage in the direct hit zone so it doesn't one hit braced emplacements (1 click oneshot abilities are bad design). Heavily reduce damage with more distance from impact zone. Then heavily reduce price and CP requirement. In that way it will be an alot less deadly mini nuke while retaining it's uniqueness with a insanely large blast radius, and might actually be used. An ability where a player invests too much of his/her resources will be a bitch to balance - for the price people will expect it to pretty much be as effective as the old UKF air superiority. If it isn't, it won't be used at all. If it is, it's probably going to be OP.

KCH - same issue imo, too much punch and price in one unit. Not too sure about the dps without playing with them, but you could easily remove some of the utility to lower the price. Fausts are covered by grens, they can be removed. Sprint and medkits as well. Keep the assault ability, it's too cool to be removed. Lower price and CP.

And imo, no infantry entity (yes, including snipers) should have more than 80 hp. It looks ridiculous with direct hits from explosive weapons.

Hope you like the feedback :).
8 Feb 2016, 23:07 PM

It's pretty cool, I would like to see something similar to this. KCH and Railway artillery are poorly designed though imo. Using super late arrival to balance an offmap artillery ability is lazy. Keep the large blast radius, reduce damage in the direct hit zone so it doesn't one hit braced emplacements (1 click oneshot abilities are bad design). Heavily reduce damage with more distance from impact zone. Then heavily reduce price and CP requirement. In that way it will be an alot less deadly mini nuke while retaining it's uniqueness with a insanely large blast radius, and might actually be used. An ability where a player invests too much of his/her resources will be a bitch to balance - for the price people will expect it to pretty much be as effective as the old UKF air superiority. If it isn't, it won't be used at all. If it is, it's probably going to be OP.

KCH - same issue imo, too much punch and price in one unit. Not too sure about the dps without playing with them, but you could easily remove some of the utility to lower the price. Fausts are covered by grens, they can be removed. Sprint and medkits as well. Keep the assault ability, it's too cool to be removed. Lower price and CP.

And imo, no infantry entity (yes, including snipers) should have more than 80 hp. It looks ridiculous with direct hits from explosive weapons.

Hope you like the feedback :).

Well, I guess I could decrease damage in the direct hit zone to maybe 2200, but I'd have to remove red flares, otherwise anybody could counter it. With it being 2200 damage, it doesn't destroy the braced mortor pit (lowest health emplacement), by leaving it with about a sliver of health when braced. The rest of the railway artillery should be fine.

KCH... hmmm... Sure, panzerfaust can be removed, but they're keeping sprint and medkit to give them more Survivability, and allow them to be even more mobile. Without the panzerfaust, they'll be forced to have support from some kind of AT which fits in with Ostheer being the best combined arms factions.

90 HP is to make up for them being extremely fragile as a 3 man squad. I tried them with 80 HP, and they died almost immediately, even with all of their firepower.
8 Feb 2016, 23:14 PM

I don't know exactly how target tables work, but if I understand them correctly, you could make it so that it leaves all emplacements with ~10-20% health, so that way it won't 1-shot mortar emplacements but it'll still be effective vs 17 pounders, still requiring a follow-up to kill but dealing enough damage to make it easy to finish off an unsupported emplacement.
8 Feb 2016, 23:16 PM

I don't know exactly how target tables work, but if I understand them correctly, you could make it so that it leaves all emplacements with ~10-20% health, so that way it won't 1-shot mortar emplacements but it'll still be effective vs 17 pounders, still requiring a follow-up to kill but dealing enough damage to make it easy to finish off an unsupported emplacement.

17 pounder emplacements have 900 health, which is more than the mortor pit, which has 700. If the enemy is smart, they'd immediately rush back their forces after the blast. The change from 4000 damage to 2200 damage makes that possible.
9 Feb 2016, 01:24 AM

So, anymore suggested changes that would help balance, and polish this doctrine? If not, I would assume it would be finished, and polished enough that it could be released if possible.
9 Feb 2016, 02:37 AM

I decided that the KCH will sprint onto the field when dispatched, just to make sure that they get to the front if needed.
9 Feb 2016, 15:02 PM

Added the propaganda war preview sounds to the main post.
9 Feb 2016, 20:42 PM

Had a major update for one of the abilities. Click on the link following this to see more about it: https://www.coh2.org/topic/48788/ostheer-railway-artillery
10 Feb 2016, 21:36 PM

OK, just look at this bull sh*t. This is why the Terror Doctrine needs to be a thing:
11 Feb 2016, 06:59 AM

We're not gonna see new units like Knight's Cross holders or any other unit that needs new voice lines. Keep that it mind.
11 Feb 2016, 16:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2016, 06:59 AMRMMLz
We're not gonna see new units like Knight's Cross holders or any other unit that needs new voice lines. Keep that it mind.

If that's a problem, I'm sure they can recycle some voice lines from obers.
11 Feb 2016, 16:40 PM

Stop bumping and linking your threads everywhere... :S
11 Feb 2016, 16:44 PM

Stop bumping

Screw off, it's my thread.
11 Feb 2016, 18:39 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Screw off, it's my thread.

But not your forum. I'm fine if there is discussion but do not spam your link on other threads like here
https://www.coh2.org/topic/49126/new-british-helms-deep-commanders/page/3#post_id489373

I let it run cause someone quote it and the thread just followed it's natural course.

Go on.
11 Feb 2016, 19:10 PM

But not your forum. I'm fine if there is discussion but do not spam your link on other threads like here
https://www.coh2.org/topic/49126/new-british-helms-deep-commanders/page/3#post_id489373

I let it run cause someone quote it and the thread just followed it's natural course.

Go on.

Understood, no links. I'm happy as long as I have the ability to bring up the subject.
12 Feb 2016, 22:03 PM

Update:
  • Changed the KCH Cost from 400 to 420 Manpower.
  • Changed the KCH Reinforcement Cost from 85 to 95 Manpower.
  • Replaced KCH 'Sprint' ability with the Blendkorper 2H Smoke Grenade which is unlocked at vet 1.
  • Added Camouflage upgrade to KCH which is available at vet 3 for 30 munitions.
  • Changed KCH population cost from 10 to 11.

PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS