Login

russian armor

1v1 Strats

5 Feb 2016, 17:42 PM

Starting soloing again after a long break from the game and wow the meta has changed...

T1 opening is the most useless/risky thing ever now, T-70 is more important than ever and late game still sucks...

Here is my current loadout for 1v1:

-Advanced Warfare Tactics
-Anti-Infantry Tactics
-Shock Rifle Frontline Tactics

Bulletins:
Veteran Training: Infantry x2 (Cons get 2% faster cooldown and reload 2% faster)
Infantry
Recruit Training: Infantry x1 (Con have 3% more accuracy)

What is the current meta? Maxim/Con spam into T-70/ZiS and then call-ins?

Versus Wehr I feel if I don't end the game in 15 minutes it's an auto loss as vetted Schreks w/Ostwind combo wreck everything I have.

Versus OKW I feel like I need to commit to AI or AT whereas they can remain versatile and just build the opposite of what I committed to.
14 Feb 2016, 06:26 AM

Build maxims
Build more maxims
Build like 4-6 of them
Vs okw get a pak on the frontline at 6:30
Vs ost you can get a pak if u think he goes flame ht

Vs okw Start with a conscript and cap the side map (conscript win vs kubel, Pios not)
Vs ost Start Double pio

Start laying mines at 30muni and continue so (important!)

Always keep 2 VPs, it should be easy due maxims. You're not Ressource depentant anyway, zis and maxims are enough till mid-late tbh. Always try to go for a Triple cap temporarly with some Shock callin etc

Personally go Shock rifle 99%, but there really shouldnt be a problem with late due VP bleed.
14 Feb 2016, 07:01 AM

Prolly add more maxims to your list m8.
24 Feb 2016, 14:54 PM

Same for me, i am rapped by everybody with SU right now.

Only way is spam maxim really ? Balance is perhaps pretty good atm, but were is the fun ?

It's so boring to play like this. Cons are useless. Snipers are useless. Only way is 4 maxims into t-70.

I am sad, because SU was my favorite faction. Relic killed this faction.

And i hate USF and UKF. So ... time to play to the sims Kappa.
24 Feb 2016, 16:55 PM

Can't say that Cons are useless but they definitely start out weak and scale not-so-good into late game.

In some games I 've played recently as SU, I went 2 Maxims, 2-3 Cons with Cons being the screen/support of a Maxim.
24 Feb 2016, 17:47 PM

im new to 1v1, n i play Maxim spam, its realy easy,

the OST guy have no chance to retaliate, even with P4 i had like 3 T85

soo basicly gg for him,

keep that t70 alive, i use it to recon late game..realy usefull to engage with T85, see where the tank pointing at n where the AT wherebout
25 Feb 2016, 11:35 AM

Maxim spam might be easy and effective but its rather boring imho and goes against the Soviet faction concept, which is supposed to be "combined arms".
7 Mar 2016, 16:41 PM

I like using lend-lease because you don't need maxims because of Dshk mgs so I usually get around 5 cons into 3 dshks :) late game usually stall for m4c sherman or T3 T70 I suppose
7 Mar 2016, 16:52 PM
Donator 22

Despite the fact, that I'm happy not to read another balance thread: I'd much rather prefer you not to ask for the meta, but actually go out there and play around with the commanders a bit and have fun, instead of becoming one of those meta only players - we already got enough of those guys
7 Mar 2016, 17:29 PM

have fun and loose, NEVER . :*(
25 Mar 2016, 02:39 AM

my strat that has worked incredibly well for me

-2 cons
-cap closest spot w enj, then retreat
-build T2, 2 maxims
-build as see fit. (AT gun, more con, mortor)
-t3 (T70 or SU 76)

i love advanced warfare because the ppsh's are absolutely fantastic, and it also gives you a solid tank, AND constant knowledge of what they're building.

near end of game you have to decide
-kaddys?
OR
-T34/87

as soon as i see panthers/pazershrecks i abandon tanks (still love that kaddy!)

-- This build order is very flexible - allows for plenty of variations--
-- you must be flexible in this game --
25 Apr 2016, 14:22 PM

Despite the fact, that I'm happy not to read another balance thread: I'd much rather prefer you not to ask for the meta, but actually go out there and play around with the commanders a bit and have fun, instead of becoming one of those meta only players - we already got enough of those guys

Whats wrong with talking about the Meta? Meta conversations have dominated CoH for 10 years!
27 Apr 2016, 19:41 PM

I've been using the following:

• Lend Lease
  • Advanced Warfare
  • Shock Rifle Frontline OR Mechanized Support

As for the general strategy, I like to have one commander to pick against blobs of Volks or Ostruppen. I think Shock rifle Frontline is the best vs Blobs of infantry but I havent used many of the Soviet artillery emplacements so I'm not sure. Then another commander to counter early vehicle strategies with 222 or Luchs spam into Panthers. Mechanized Support is the perfect soviet commander for countering vehicles, all 5 abilities can help you destroy tanks.

I feel Lend Lease and Advanced Warfare are some of the most well-balanced commanders and can play on a wide variety of maps. Lend Lease for maps with more buildings for the Dishkas. Advanced warfare on bigger maps, or varied terrain, so you can see what they are building and send your "counter" to the correct spot. Advance Warfare definitely is my favorite commander right now. All 5 abilities are extremely useful and easy to economize
5 May 2016, 14:36 PM

meta commanders:
guard motor
shock rifle
lend lease
partisans
armored assault
mechanized assault
guard rifle
soviet industry

my lineup:
guard motor
shock rifle
armored assault

starting engi sent to cap, 3 cons

if starting engi is too busy and is not in the base, then build another engi to make t2

if enemy starts camping buildings or making mgs, tech mollies
if enemy has vehicles, tech at nades

then build whatever t2 you need at the moment:
extreme blobbing and need crowd control? 2-3 maxims

too much stationary mgs and bunkers? mortars

heavy use of vehicles? zis

then tech to t3, build whatever is appropiate for the situation

if you dont need a tank destroyer then get t70, if you need mobile supression and you know the enemy doesnt have anti tank guns or shreks, go for quad

then t4, but all of the units here are kind of bad, you're better off saving the mp and fuel for t34-85s or is2s
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★