Login

russian armor

State of KV1

5 Feb 2016, 00:38 AM

Hello, what is the current state of the KV1 compared to other tanks? Is the Counterattack Tactics decent? Been wondering if it can be effective or not. Thanks!
5 Feb 2016, 04:14 AM

If you are desperate and have no fuel for teching it is decent against the puma, Luchs, cmdPIV etc
5 Feb 2016, 07:00 AM

The state of this vehicle has always been pretty bad, it used to be pretty decent with the old teching since you could get su85s earlier on but right now you kinda have to count on su76s to support those

They are basically meatshields, the high health and decent armor allows it to deal with PzIVs and StuG Gs, but mostly it's used as a meatshield blocking tool to stop rushing tanks before they reach your Su76s/Su85s
5 Feb 2016, 07:04 AM

How is that howitzer that comes in it? Can't seem to make it useful in my tests.
5 Feb 2016, 08:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Feb 2016, 07:04 AMEolian
How is that howitzer that comes in it? Can't seem to make it useful in my tests.

Contrary to other howitzer, this one is better suited on open maps since you can use it to score a direct hit on an incoming tank (once you reach vet1). Other than that, i find it more useful than other howitzer because its faster reload allows you to attack a lot of different positions quickly.
I failed to make it useful on 1v1 but i like it on 2v2 and more.
It hits rarely but whatever it hits takes a big shot in the nose or dies instantely.
It oneshots medium tanks fortunatly.
Sometimes hitting something in the middle of a fight will take your opponent by surprise, if he doesn't know you have a B4 he often massretreat fearing of a second shot.
The rest of the time just shoot houses and OKW trucks, apply pressure.
The true hidden power of the B4 is that your opponent, afraid of a luckyshot, will try to launch a punishing team, sooner or later, to destroy your glasscanon. This offers a perfect opportunity to make minefields and traps, and reap what your opponent send to you. Always remember that your howitzer can score a direct hit on a in-line-of-sight incoming tank.
Static howitzer are badly considered in the game but this one is my favorite.
The rest of the doctrine range from good to meh. Shock, recon and defend the land are ok, but the KV1 is in a strange position, it is basically an overpriced T34-76 with a bigger ass, not powerful enough to threat big things, not as fast as a t34 nor cheap enough to be spammed. It is precisely one and half T34 except for the firepower.

I like this Doctrine because it is unique and change your gameplay, but it is not shockrifle frontline.

Kozo.
5 Feb 2016, 08:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Feb 2016, 07:04 AMEolian

One word - bad. I test B-4 vs 1 PAK 43 in long range. 3 shot decrew, 10 (!!!) shot destroy PAK.
Best part of Counterattack now is "For the matherland". Not bcs is so good, just bcs all everything else is very so-so.
5 Feb 2016, 14:49 PM

I used this commander to great success last night in a 2v2. You cannot rely on any one part of the commander and have to use all of it to be effective. I highly recommend building at least 2 muni caches as you will burn through muni fast with this commander

For the motherland is an excellent way to punish overextended forces with flanking / deep incursion shocks. A 60 second Oorah! for all infantry should not be taken lightly.

Usually when I use this commander I am able to put out 2 KV-1 immediately. I rarely build another unless one dies. They are meat shields just as everyone says. Able to tank and draw fire while your cons and shocks flank.

As far as the B4 is concerned, I only use it on open 1v1-2v2 maps and guard it with the KV-1s. This ensures that it's spread wont be too ridiculous and you can use it to punish obvious blob paths with a short travel time for the projectile.
5 Feb 2016, 15:08 PM

IMO the part of this commander is For The Motherland! - used correctly you can set up some punishing flanks with Shocks due to the extra accuracy and sprint. B4 and KV1 are so-so.

Plauger accurately described the KV-1 you don't want to spam them as their main gun sucks (same one as T34 if I'm not mistaken). I mostly use them as a crutch of sorts when I don't have fuel to tech to T4 and need to screen AT Guns/ SU76s.

B-4 you need to make good use of your first surprise shot - either gamble on a mass retreat base shot or firing on a tank being repaired. It's better on smaller maps like Semoisky where the smaller size means its more accurate and the fact that the center often becomes a support weapon clusterf*ck the B4 can help you break through.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★