Login

russian armor

what do you do as USF when confronting W on a choke map ?

4 Feb 2016, 20:33 PM

i was wondering what USF players do when they are against W on a map with choke points.

when a double mg42 and single sniper can reign supreme.

i have tried the pack howie, but the players just move the mg42 after the 1st shot or so.
4 Feb 2016, 21:18 PM

you use pack howies and lots of smoke.

cant do anything against snipers tho, except very quick m20 or a lucky pack howie shot maybe
4 Feb 2016, 21:28 PM
Donator 11

try calliope Kappa
4 Feb 2016, 21:33 PM

Fast m20 for sniper, and prep pre-flank plans for the inevitable cut off maneuver they try to pull with(if possible) additional grenade tech+smoke so you can throw nades on the mg(possibly stealing it) and smoke to cover your flank from any side that's taking fire. :foreveralone:
5 Feb 2016, 00:40 AM

Fast m20 for sniper, and prep pre-flank plans for the inevitable cut off maneuver they try to pull with(if possible) additional grenade tech+smoke so you can throw nades on the mg(possibly stealing it) and smoke to cover your flank from any side that's taking fire. :foreveraxlone:

i thought smoke required VET 1 on rifleman.
or does smoke come with grenades ?
5 Feb 2016, 00:53 AM

i thought smoke required VET 1 on rifleman.
or does smoke come with grenades ?

Smoke comes with grenades, vet 1 gives you AT riflenades
5 Feb 2016, 00:59 AM
Donator 11

But where in the tech do you guys find 25 fuel for nades? It sets you back so much when you rly need that early advantage.
5 Feb 2016, 01:27 AM

But where in the tech do you guys find 25 fuel for nades? It sets you back so much when you rly need that early advantage.

Do you really need that early game advantage now that you have terminator riflemen at vet 3? Vs ostheer?
5 Feb 2016, 01:29 AM

Theoretically on 1v1 maps there shouldn't be too many choke points that you are forced into that deny wide flanks. However in 2v2 and in certain circumstances you may be forced to push through a gauntlet of MG's and other problems. I feel there are a few answers to this

1. Wide flanks: of course we are excepting that this is not a possibility in this scenario.

2. Grenades: Usage of smoke grenades to begin the assault and then advancing through. This can have mixed results however, sometimes it can work well and other times you wasted a lot of munitions.

3. Using a light vehicle: USF light vehicles are very strong at applying pressure and pushing through gauntlets. The following are Vehicles that help push the line: M20, M15, Stuart. Note that only the Stuart could spearhead an assault, the other vehicles are very vulnerable to MG's.

4. Artillery: In this case you either get a pak howie or go say, Infantry Company. The Mortar Halftrack and Pak howie may be pricey but they're pretty strong.

You can use a combination of these things to assault a heavy chokepoint. Say you shoot the pak howie at a building he AFK'd his MG in. Then when he leaves begin your assault and start smoking MG's to get in back of them. Have the Stuart also flank pick apart targets and whittle them down. You have to get used to the idea that as USF to counter chokepoints you are going to both take casualties and have to spend quite a bit on resources.

If I had to say the LEAST expensive way to counter chokepoints, is a mortar halftrack, pak howie, or Stuart. Just one of those but not all, and slowly pick at your targets.

I typically get grenades after I tech up, get a vehicle, and get an ambulance. Against good players early grenades can be kind of duds.
5 Feb 2016, 02:12 AM
Donator 11

Do you really need that early game advantage now that you have terminator riflemen at vet 3? Vs ostheer?
Regardless of what you say, vet3 wont help vs MG and bunker spam.
5 Feb 2016, 03:10 AM

Regardless of what you say, vet3 wont help vs MG and bunker spam.

15 muni smoke
5 Feb 2016, 03:37 AM

15 muni smoke

Typically if someone smokes you at max range you have enough time to unpack and move back.
5 Feb 2016, 05:15 AM

Typically if someone smokes you at max range you have enough time to unpack and move back.

15 muni smoke AND flank :D.

Of course if the person is paying attention then that won't work either. Remember that in close quarters mgs can't do much at all.

Point is, USFs don't really need early game advantage against Ost.
5 Feb 2016, 05:59 AM

15 muni smoke AND flank :D.

Of course if the person is paying attention then that won't work either. Remember that in close quarters mgs can't do much at all.

Point is, USFs don't really need early game advantage against Ost.

His complaint is he can't flank in a choke point. If in a choke point scenario you fire your smoke max range, it won't reach the MG.
5 Feb 2016, 12:40 PM

The smoke nade doesn't last long enough, has a short range and delays your early game teching significantly.

Just stall til you can get 2x Packs and then punish the MG42 abuser. Don't let the turtle get beefier.
5 Feb 2016, 12:44 PM

Get Cavalry doctrine with its smoke so you don't have to tech for nades
5 Feb 2016, 12:49 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

This gave me an idea, horde of rifles come charging at a bunker and they all throw a grenade to destroy it.. what a wonderful video it would be. :O
5 Feb 2016, 12:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Feb 2016, 12:49 PMSpanky
This gave me an idea, horde of rifles come charging at a bunker and they all throw a grenade to destroy it.. what a wonderful video it would be. :O

Have fun throwing 300+ muni worth of nades to destroy a bunker or even having enough rifles to do that :)
5 Feb 2016, 13:02 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

:D I just want to see that happen, whatever it takes!
5 Feb 2016, 13:20 PM

Get Cavalry doctrine with its smoke so you don't have to tech for nades

Dude, you should ALWAYS tech grenades as USF. I tend to tech after my second rifle squad is out.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★